Noise from P30i when sleeping on side

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chuck7786

Noise from P30i when sleeping on side

Post by chuck7786 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:49 am

Hello, I have been on treatment for 3 years but received a new machine recently and since then I have heard this hissing noise only when I sleep on my side.
The only thing I can think the problem is is that the machine I had before was faulty or working sub-par, I got it off Gumtree (that's a different conversation)
I use the P30i mask, and since this machine is now working optimally, I assume that there is more pressure when I lie on my side since all the air has to travel through the pipe on the one side of my face, which wakes me up every time.

I do hope it's something else related, and it's hard to say exactly where the noise comes from but it's my only logical explanation. I sleep much better on my side even with CPAP therapy, I don't get quality sleep on my back.

I am thinking of getting the Airfit P10, but wondering what the noise the the holes in the elbow will be like, I assume the sound on that part will be on the same level as the one on the P30i

Has someone experienced this also and what was your solution? I know there are some noises and I can deal with it but when the hissing is so loud even though I'm wearing silicone earplugs its something I need to address
Started using APAP 5/07/2021

Millstone50

Re: Noise from P30i when sleeping on side

Post by Millstone50 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:52 am

There are vents on the cushion as well as the elbow at the top of the mask. Also if you've freshly washed the cushion, the leftover water in the foam bit will make noise for a while.