First-time CPAP Machine Help (Newly Diagnosed OSA)!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepGeek

Re: First-time CPAP Machine Help (Newly Diagnosed OSA)!

Post by SleepGeek » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:24 pm

SleepGeek wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:05 pm
Whether one is using MyAir or Air view it will capture the very same data from the very same device. Or YOU can view the data right on the LCD screen yourself.
Neither MyAir or Air view will work without a modem.

However, YOU can get all that same info by using an SD card and OSCAR.
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

Ace613

Post by Ace613 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:05 pm

Franko39 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:06 pm

2) I'm in Canada and paying out of pocket for the machine, so I have no insurance rules to follow. It sounds like I could just get the AS10 card-to-cloud as the cheapest option and not really lose any functionality. It sounds like if I did need to send "professional" data to a clinician, I could just send them my OSCAR data directly? --> Is my understanding of all this generally correct?
contact medigas, they are canadian and they are alot cheaper i was quoted 1100 for a new airsense 11. I would find out if there are other vendors in your area.

Also if you didnt know that OHIP ( if in ontario if in another province contact your health care and find out if they cover anything and how if they do.will ) pay for i believe %70 of your machine as long as you have had been refereed to a sleep clinic and do the sleep test and the been provided with a perscription.

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:17 pm

If I were you I would get the ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset with card-to-cloud. It has a stronger motor than the 11 and is cheaper.
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system