Need help!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jkb312

Need help!

Post by Jkb312 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:20 am

I have started cpap over a month ago having so much trouble .. I am having all central Apenas they lower my pressure from 6-15 to 7-10. Still not doing good still having centrals .. can someone please help me figure this out .. what’s going on

LSAT

Re: Need help!

Post by LSAT » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:58 am

Most people get some centrals from time to time. It's no big deal......Do you know what a Central Apnea is? How many are you getting? What is your AHI? I have been on CPAP for 15 years and still get several centrals during the night. My average AHI is 2+.

Jkb312

Post by Jkb312 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:38 pm

I been getting like 15 a night last 2 nights before it was 6 one night it was 1 .. just concern I am getting these so many a night

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:05 pm

15 centrals over 8 hours is not so many. Which model machine are you using? Are you using OSCAR? Have you looked to see how many seconds the centrals last?

How are you feeling during the day? Energetic? No excess sleepiness? Fatigued at bedtime but not stressed?

Can you post an OSCAR chart in this thread? Instructions are in my signature.
"It's not the number of breaths we take, it's the number of moments that take our breath away."

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:05 pm

Jkb312 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:38 pm
I been getting like 15 a night last 2 nights before it was 6 one night it was 1 .. just concern I am getting these so many a night
How was your sleep quality? If you weren't asleep when those centrals were flagged they only mean you weren't asleep.
If you aren't asleep they don't really mean much.

See all these centrals on this image. I know for a fact I wasn't asleep when they were flagged because I had a bought of really bad insomnia that night.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Jkb312

Post by Jkb312 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:10 pm

I had like 15 centrals in 2 hours .. I feel very tired and awful pretty much all day .. I try to post it.. if I can figure it out

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:14 pm

Jkb312 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:10 pm
I had like 15 centrals in 2 hours .. I feel very tired and awful pretty much all day .. I try to post it.. if I can figure it out
I would bet that the centrals are like mine and related to not being asleep and the feeling crappy is related to poor sleep or not enough sleep.

You can use SleepHQ and that would allow us to zoom in on those centrals to see if you were asleep or not.
Or you can do a lot of zoomed in images using OSCAR.
The big overview OSCAR image doesn't let us see the flow rate zoomed in enough to see the breathing in detail enough to determine asleep or awake.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Jkb312

Post by Jkb312 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:19 pm

So being awake can cause this type of reading? It kinda makes sense cause I wake up all night long .. I try and use sleep HQ .. where can I find that?