Sleep Data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
6PtStar

Sleep Data

Post by 6PtStar » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:34 pm

I am a fairly new to the CPAP, 5 months. I have been reading the form for a while and have gotten a lot of good information, Thanks folks!

I can not get anyone to read my card. Went to my MD, DME provider and sleep study center. No one could read it for me. Anyone have a copy of encore 1.6 I could buy from them now that they have gone to Vista.

Last edited by 6PtStar on Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jabberwock

Post by jabberwock » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:54 pm

If you act fast, cpap.com currently appear to have two Encore Pro 1.6 software in stock. Check it out.

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:38 pm

Well I may have posted to soon. My computer with XP went down. The shop said if the hard drive is gone I will have to go to Vista which I assume will mean I will need version 1.8 which seems to be unavailable. Will know in the next day or so.

JimW

Post by JimW » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:30 pm

Do you have your original copy of XP? You ought to be able to get a new hard drive and install XP on it. It's not that complicated, and I'm sure several folks here would be able to talk you through it. New hard drives can be had for less than the cost of Vista.
Resmed S8 Vantage - integrated humidifier
Mirage Swift nasal pillow system
Autoscan 5.7 software

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:52 pm

Jim

I wish I did but it came as on the computer as part of the dual hard drive. "C" drive I can work with but program is on "D" drive. Guy at the shop said if drive was shot I could not get it off the "D" part of it. At least thats what I was told. I do know all I got was a recover disk and windows is on the "D" drive and had limited access.

tuna

Post by tuna » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:53 pm

6PtStar wrote:Well I may have posted to soon. My computer with XP went down. The shop said if the hard drive is gone I will have to go to Vista which I assume will mean I will need version 1.8 which seems to be unavailable. Will know in the next day or so.
Sounds like thay are trying to scam you!

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:54 pm

They are just trying to rip you off, installing a hard drive doesn't require a upgrade to vista. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:24 pm

Thanks

I'll go talk to them tomorrow.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:37 pm

So it's really the people who sold you the computer in the first place, without giving you the software that you paid them for in the first place.

That why I roll my own computers, I had one like that, but I rebuilt it with a new OS, now that's the only way I do it. I control what's inside. You might be able to find a copy of XP pro, It's been pulled off most shelves by Microsoft. Vista probably really wants better hardware than is in your computer, meaning even more cost to upgrade. Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:48 pm

Here is a link to XP Pro OEM, $140, shipped.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDe ... 631&ps=sw4

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:17 pm

Goofproof

Help me out here, please. I have never understood the OEM software. I thought it was not supported by Microsoft as far as upgrades etc. There are several boxed full copies on e-bay for $134 / $144. Would I be better off with a boxed copy or would I be able to tell the difference. Would the shop be able to load the OEM version or would I have to do it my self and could they legallky load the boxed version?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:39 pm

I use OEM, because of price, and I don't do upgrades, I don't like Billy in my machine, he just get to use the backdoors he's hidden in the original version. Installing the upgrades and hurt the programs you have loaded, and I can't allow that. I keep my computers as invisiable as I can to the net.

I have yet to see any help from Microsoft Help System, so I either figure out the problems or ask people who know. Jim