Leak rate question on Autoset Respond

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ehusen

Leak rate question on Autoset Respond

Post by ehusen » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:25 am

Hey everyone,

Thanks to all for the great information provided in this forum. It's nice to have a place to get information and just to commiserate about having to be attached to some Borg/Alien contraption every night.

My question today is about the leak data on the autoset respond. In short, what is a bad amount of leak rate? In 6 weeks of usage I have had 3 nights where my daily leak data showed 0.02L/s leaks. The week/month data has always shown 0 (guess the average pulls it below reportable levels). Is that level of leakage okay? At what level should leakage be a concern? (Still trying to avoid any additional torture devices for holding my mouth shut.)

Thanks much,

JudyAnn

Post by JudyAnn » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:20 am

Hey,

I have a ResMed Auto Respond and I can't read anything off of mine. How do you? Maybe I have been missing something?

Judy

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:32 am

[quote="JudyAnn"]Hey,

I have a ResMed Auto Respond and I can't read anything off of mine. How do you? Maybe I have been missing something?

Judy

[\quote]

Hey, I can finally help somebody out here. If you press the left and right buttons togethor for about 5 seconds, you will get the leak data displayed. You can then scroll through the day/week/month leak data. Then hit the exit button to return.

There is also the clinical menu you can get into by hitting the right and down buttons (I think) for 5 seconds. But you can mess up things there if you aren't careful so may want to avoid that.

Eric

JudyAnn

Post by JudyAnn » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:41 am

Thanks Eric,
I will try it tonight.

The next machine I get (I have only had this one a year) but I am now on Medicare and other insurance and they will cover 80%, I am getting the new ResMed Auto that they are supposed to come out with along with the software so I can take charge of my sleep apnea and see how I am doing each night.

I discussed this with my Pulmonologist and he agrees and said he would write me a prescription. Even if I have to pay for it myself, I am going to do that.

Its bad enough we all have to go through this but not knowing how we are doing is not acceptable to me. I think every machine should be made to at least give us some sort of data. I suppose if they did that, some people would be out of a job!

Have a great weekend and thanks again.

Judy
-------------------------------
A Hosehead since July 2004

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): resmed, medicare, Prescription, auto

mikemoran

Post by mikemoran » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:03 pm

My Spirit shows my leak rate and also shows an evaluation of the rate. For example anythign less than .1 is considered an excellent mask seal. Less than .4 L/s is a very good seal all the way up to poor mask seal. You should expect some mask leak and if it is not leaking from there it leaking through your mouth by mouth breathing.

The good news is your Respond is an Autopap and it adjusts for minor leaks. Based on your reading you are getting a good mask fit and are getting full therapy.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:20 pm

Well let me just woohoo!!!! Now I can believe I'm getting good therapy. (Okay so I still don' tknow what my AHI is with the machine but I'll just assume it is working well.) Maybe the placebo affect will help.

Happy Weekend everyone...