Pur-Sleep Product Line Questions

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepGuy

Pur-Sleep Product Line Questions

Post by SleepGuy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:24 pm

All of the support and feedback from forum members has been extremely helpful and useful and I'm coming back for more.

1. There is a very good specialty paper that has excellent diffusion properties. It costs much less than the cloth diffusion pad. I would like to transition to the paper (and include more pads with the kits). They are reusable and you would still be able to store them in the little zip lock baggies and write the name of the aroma on the bag (or the pad for that matter). I'd like to know what people think about this plan.

2. Because of the cost reduction (and of course to improve sales) there's an opportunity to re-price the product line: Basic starter pack is $19.99, Deluxe is $39.99, and the Ultimate is $59.99 (without the travel case). I don't know if I can actually manage this pricing but I'd like to know how much the cost of these products may be affecting sales--how many sales are lost due to the current prices? I know that's impossible to answer but your thoughts would be appreciated!

3. I am thinking about adding a mega-size refill (50 ml bottle) for the seven most popular aromatics at $34.99. Thoughts?
Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.
"Love it, Love it, Love my PurSleep!"

Billmanweh

Re: Pur-Sleep Product Line Questions

Post by Billmanweh » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:26 pm

I have to admit at first glance it seemed a little pricey to me. The difference would probably push me over the edge to try it out.

Bookbear

Post by Bookbear » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:45 pm

YES to the mega-refill. Not so sure about the paper diffuser... I wash and reuse the cloth pads, they should last a good long time. Great product, btw.

sleepyred

Post by sleepyred » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:02 am

Ditto to the mega refill. Not sure about paper diffuser - I would just have to try it. Ever thought about a coffee filter (maybe doubled?)

And with the pap cap - just got and tried mine last night! Woo hoo! Fantastic - however, I bought one on sale. Other price was just to much to try it out. But now that I've tried it for one night.......first night seems like a go, will continue to update.

Thanks Bret!

Love these products:
Pad a Cheeks
http://www.padacheek.com/index.html
Pur-Sleep System
http://www.pur-sleep.com/

The Shootist

Post by The Shootist » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:24 am

I would buy the "Calm" oil by the gallon if it was sold that way

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:21 am

sleepyred wrote:And with the pap cap - just got and tried mine last night! Woo hoo! Fantastic - however, I bought one on sale. Other price was just to much to try it out. But now that I've tried it for one night.......first night seems like a go, will continue to update.
Thanks Red. I forgot about the PAP-Cap. $39.99 vs. $29.99--what do y'all think?

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:25 am

Okay I will take the opportunity to add my two cents.

I think the paper diffusers are a great idea!!! Make sure you can by just the refills and the price is reasonable. At the present time I do not use the provided diffusers. I like the idea of having a "clean pad" every night. What I do and have been doing since I started using the scents is I take a cheap (generic) pantyliner and cut it in approximately 4ths. These have a plastic liner on the bottom to keep the liquid contained on the pad which I like. I do not remove the cover from the adhesive strip but leave it attached. Add the scent and you are good to go. In the morning all I do is toss the pad in the wastebasket in my bedroom and it helps it to keep it smelling good. I would love to be able to buy some diffuser pads I could "reuse" a few times and then toss and start fresh.

If you can redo the pricing with the savings from the switch of the diffuser pads that would be great. I have thought it would be great if you could give a slight discount on purchases that were for multiple bottles. If you lowered the basic starter package to $19.99 and that includes three bottles, why not let a buyer purchase 3 bottles of refills at that price? I must admit I was attracted to your generous newsletter discount of 15% and want to thank you for it!!

I say yes to the mega sizes as well, especially for those that only like one or two scents it would make sense to buy in a larger size.

carbonman

Post by carbonman » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:53 am

SleepGuy wrote:All of the support and feedback from forum members has been extremely helpful and useful and I'm coming back for more.

3. I am thinking about adding a mega-size refill (50 ml bottle) for the seven most popular aromatics at $34.99. Thoughts?
SleepGuy, I have no doubt that my Papcap and Fresh and Spice were instrumental
in helping me adapt to this therapy. THANKS!!

I do antisapate that first blast of Spice when I put my mask on each night,
and it has become, I can't believe I'm saying this, but, comforting.

The fuser pads that came w/my kit, work fine, so I have no thoughts on that.
I vote for the mega size also.
How soon will it be available, because I'm very close to a reorder???

Great products! Great service!
"If your therapy is improving your health but you're not doing anything
to see or feel those changes, you'll never know what you're capable of."
I said that.

graygables

Post by graygables » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:04 am

I'm all about being frugal and saving money. I have to be. Here are my thoughts...I think you should offer a sampler pack (a single sheet of paper in a jewelry-type baggie for each fragrance) for, say, $5. Included with the sampler, offer a coupon code for $5 off the first order. I was only interested in a single scent, so I ordered the 15ml Spice in order to get the diffuser pad. Since it is passive, I just put it in a shallow dish behind my machine and it works just fine. The starter kit was way beyond my price-comfort-zone, since I was unsure of the other 2 fragrances and didn't really need the plastic thingy. The 15ml "set" was a much better value. I also comparison shopped and found that other essential oils were $15-$20/15ml, so felt that was on target price-wise.

Rather than have the variety "starter pack", offer a 5ml bottle/pad/diffuser (if that is profitable, if it's not, maybe a small tile to protect the surface would be just as effective) at a lower price (but obviously, still profitable for you). The idea is to get them in the door, once they experience the product, THAT is what will keep them coming back and repeat customers will be where your profits lie. The larger bottle is a good idea value-wise, but I also think you need smaller bottles for travel.

As far as the paper goes, maybe it's just the frugal/green me, but I would much prefer the cloth pad. In my mind it is "durable" and "washable" as opposed to throwing "oil-soaked" papers into the trash. I think the cloth adds value and character to the product. To be honest, if it came with "paper and plastic" I would be less inclined to buy it.

I really think re-structuring the kits to a more affordable level would be the way to go (along with the samplers). Also, a combination discount with the PapCap would be fantastic...

yorkiemum01

Post by yorkiemum01 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:39 am

Thanks to the sampling of the PurSleep products, I was able to discover
a new scent I love....black cherry, yummmmmm. So glad you offered
these samples, thanks.

PS. What is the coupon code for ordering, as I registered for a newsletter
but havent rec'd anything.

Babette

Post by Babette » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:07 am

Offer the oils separate from the pads. Those of us with a backlog of pads that we don't mind reusing can just skip the paper pads entirely.

Yes to giant bottles of your best sellers. Peace I would love to buy by the gallon.

Still offer smaller sizes - great for travelling and starters.

Thanks much!
Babs

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

fortomorrow

Post by fortomorrow » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:02 am

I'm not a customer just yet (I never buy scents unsmelled - my nose is too sensitive for that - but my samples are in the mail!) but I'd be more interested in a lower price point and would be fine with disposable paper.

I don't know if it would be a pain to rework your online cart, but if you offered the paper at a lower price and cloth at the current price, then everyone would be happy?

Well, okay. SOMEONE is going to be unhappy, but to heck with them.

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:22 am

fortomorrow wrote:I'm not a customer just yet (I never buy scents unsmelled - my nose is too sensitive for that - but my samples are in the mail!) but I'd be more interested in a lower price point and would be fine with disposable paper.

I don't know if it would be a pain to rework your online cart, but if you offered the paper at a lower price and cloth at the current price, then everyone would be happy?
Thanks for the comment. A 10-pack of the fiber pads has just been added to the website.

By the way, the offer for FREE samples is still open, so if you'd like to improve your CPAP experience, give it a try: viewtopic/t34658/FREE-PurSleep-Aromatic-Samples.html
Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.

jjposey

Post by jjposey » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:45 pm

Most definitely interested in the mega refill of clear!!!!!
I'm still using my original difuser pad, but the paper one sounds good.
You don't by any chance need empty bottles to recycle do you? I've amassing quite a few empties that I haven't discarded yet. I wouldn't mind shipping them back if you can use them.

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:03 pm

jjposey wrote:Most definitely interested in the mega refill of clear!!!!!
I'm still using my original difuser pad, but the paper one sounds good.
You don't by any chance need empty bottles to recycle do you? I've amassing quite a few empties that I haven't discarded yet. I wouldn't mind shipping them back if you can use them.
The mega refills are on the list but realistically that's several months out due to the initial cost of adding this to the line. And sorry about the empties. I have no use for them. Does your local waste service district recycle glass?