Clarification on gettin Rx written --ADD TO COLL WISDOM

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JoyD.

Re: Clarification on gettin Rx written --ADD TO COLL WISDOM

Post by JoyD. » Sun May 31, 2009 5:12 pm

lanndi wrote:
1] Resmed S8 Elite w/EPR & integrated humidifier [Straight CPAP only]
Comparable REMstar is . . . M Series PRO w/CFlex CPAP & Integrated Heated Humidifier
2] Pressure ____ cms
3] EPR setting 3 (or whatever your doctor suggests)
4] Ramp off (unless you prefer it on)
5] Efficacy & Usage Data access
7] Nasal mask of patient's choice.

Or:

1] Respironics REMstar M Series Auto w/A-Flex CPAP w/integrated Heated Humidifier [BOTH Automatic CPAP & Straight CPAP]
Comparable Resmed is . . .S8 Autoset II with Humidaire H3i or H4i Heated Humidifier
2a] Minimum pressure (whatever your doctor has determined)
2b] Maximum pressure (whatever your doctor has determined)
3] A-Flex setting 3 (or whatever your doctor suggests)
4] Ramp off (unless you prefer it on)
5] Show AHI/Leak feature On
7] Nasal mask of patient's choice.[/code]

Lanndi,

Both Resmed S8 Series & Respironics M Series are excellent machines WHEN THEY ARE THE FULLY DATA CAPABLE MACHINES (all 4 machines above are fully data capable). I've added the Redmed OR Respironics to your list so that you could SEE THE COMPARABLE BRANDS OF BOTH COMPANIES - in CPAP & APAP. NOTE: When you buy the Auto CPAPS (APAPs) you get "two machines in one", at no additional cost to you.

Joy

Additional Comments: CPAP Pr 14.0; EPR:3 Full; Heated Hose; 1" NexCare Low Trauma Tape; PurSleep Buckwheat Hull Pillow; Caldera Releaf Collar.
Other Accessories & Software: Wellue O2 Ring; OSCAR; SleepHQ Pro.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun May 31, 2009 5:17 pm

jrfoster wrote:What are the steps to erase the stats back to zero? I have the M series also and would like to know how to do that! Thanks.
Hi Jeff,
I copied this below from another thread I found. I will assume that you recognize this gets you into the Clinician's menu and you know to be careful with what you mess with in there. Were you wanting to erase data on the Smart card? This doesn't do that though I think there is some sort of little utility program that might reformat the card. This only changes the numbers you see on the LCD screen, the 7 day and 30 day average. Do you have the software? The software data remains unchanged and available for all days.

Brenda

To reset LCD Therapy data (does NOT erase any data from SmartCard):

1. Hold down the (<-) (->) buttons while plugging in the power on the back,
wait for 2 beeps or 5 seconds, release buttons.
2. Press the (->) key and navigate to Therapy screen. (There is a minus sign in the lower right corner)
3. Press and HOLD down the (-) minus key for 5 seconds and/or until therapy data is reset to Zero.
4. Press the On/Off button to exit.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Really

Re: Clarification on gettin Rx written the way I want

Post by Really » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:28 am

riverdreamer wrote:
GumbyCT wrote: Also you should know that regardless what else is on the script a pressure(s) is required. I was going to suggest a generic version like what Riverdreamer has suggested above. Keep in mind that is makes NO mention of "data capable" machine. Then some DME's consider hours of use to meet the data capable requirement. So it becomes much like a chess game.
If the rx says to make EFFICACY data available, it does not allow the DME an out. Efficacy means AHI, AI, HI, and leaks. It is NOT compliance data, which is # of hours used.
I guess we'll see just how this plays out with this DME.
Really
viewtopic/p373498/Another-Delay-in-gett ... ml#p373498
You Can't Fix Stupid Really

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:56 am

I would suggest the phrase "of patient's choice" to be sprinkled liberally throughout the script. That gives YOU the final say, and they cannot stiff you with THEIR selfish interpretations of what it says.

It served me well, when I dictated my own prescription to my Dr's Office Manager!

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...