TV in Bedroom Poll

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Do you watch TV in bed?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 291

midnightdweary

Re: TV in Bedroom Poll

Post by midnightdweary » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:25 pm

I have to have a TV there. (my dog also likes it)

Then I fix my goodnight cocktail, composed of oatmeal in warm milk, with cherries and bananas,
then I'm all set. (heck, what is life, if you can't have a little fun?")

http://www.caring.com/articles/five-foods-help-sleep

elg5cats

Post by elg5cats » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:58 pm

midnightdweary wrote:I have to have a TV there. (my dog also likes it)

Then I fix my goodnight cocktail, composed of oatmeal in warm milk, with cherries and bananas,
then I'm all set. (heck, what is life, if you can't have a little fun?")

http://www.caring.com/articles/five-foods-help-sleep
Is there a reason you are not dipping toast in your goodnight cocktail......then you would have all 5 sleep foods included My cats like the TV too..........enough, that I leave it on for them for one "sleep cycle" after I leave for work. Both are snoring well at the moment in the absence of TV, uhm!

Enjoy the cocktails and TV before you sleep!

elg5cats

Only competition with a Bed of Kats for improved sleep is an xPAP approved by the Kats. In Memory: KoKo Macademia KitKat 10-20-1989--May 30. 2007....Kats are purrfect role models for sleep hygiene along with 2 snuggly Tibetan Spaniels.

pagebypage

Post by pagebypage » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:44 pm

Yes, I have a TV in the bedroom, but I rarely watch it at bedtime. I do like to wake up to TV in the bedroom sometimes, such as on weekends.

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:50 pm

I have never had a television in the bedroom -- but then, I watch very little television.

I read books in bed, taking up that bad habit after I injured my back in 1982 and had to spend part of the day lying down.

Now I aim to get to bed around a half hour before I intend to sleep. If I get sleepy before that half hour is up, or a I reach a stopping point, I put the book down and turn off the light. Not easy for a bibliophile, but it can be done.

Now, working on my writing is another matter entirely....

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

SaltLakeJan

Post by SaltLakeJan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:30 pm

The vote is 28 for TV in Becroom and 28 against . . I 'd hate to break the tie . . so won't vote.
Jan

NeedSomeAir

Post by NeedSomeAir » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:15 pm

Like many of you have said here, good sleep hygiene recommends the bedroom be for sleep and sex only. That's what I try to practice, at least I try. I have my computer setup in my bedroom but there is no way around that due to lack of space in my apartment. Ah well...

Since the sleep study I also bought some new jammies! How fun! I've tried everything I could think of to make sleep easier. Oh and you know what is nice? Sleeping in a hotel!

No TV in my bedroom.

NSA

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:00 pm

It's very difficult for me to sleep in complete darkness. I have a tv in my room to break the silence & darkness, now ironically I love watching scary movies !!!! Helps me fall asleep, mostly due to melodic music, and dark scenes.

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:25 pm

I voted no. I do have a TV in the bedroom, but my husband is the one who watches it in bed. I go to bed after the TV is off. If he beats me to the TV in the den and is watching sports, I will go in the bedroom to watch a movie, but I sit in a chair. I only watch TV in bed if I'm too sick to get out of bed.

Brenda

KITTYPLAY

Post by KITTYPLAY » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:30 pm

I would never think of removing my tv from my bedroom. alot of times it's just playing without me even looking up at it. but i hear it and will stop and watch with interest. also it runs 24/7 even when i'm asleep. i guess thats habit. My bedroom is my favorite room in the house. it's where i like to hang out . so even my computer is in here. All i can say is, it's where im comfortable and plus hey atlease the rest of the house stay clean...lol oh well..

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:58 pm

I don't have a tv in my bedroom, but I do have a computer, and a desk with a sewing machine and serger under my bed, plus 4 sets of shelving with fabric and yarn along the walls.

I usually read for half an hour before putting the mask on and falling asleep. I currently don't have anyone to practice the sex part with - besides the loft bed creaks a lot.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

BeanMeScot

Post by BeanMeScot » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:43 pm

I don't WATCH TV in the bedroom. I do turn the TV on and listen to it as I am going to sleep.

john_dozer

Post by john_dozer » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:31 am

I don't know how to answer.

I did watch TV for about 20-30 minutes before falling asleep, occassionally waking with the TV still on.

But when I went on the hose, its actually a bit of a strain to pay attention. I may use it for 3-4 minutes if at all and then click it off and let the sandman come.

If I somehow no longer required CPAP, I would probably go back to my old habbits.

Section1

Post by Section1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:40 pm

I don't have a TV in my bedroom but there have been a few time when I wish I did. I sure I would get less sleep tho so it's probably bet I don't.

teresamichele

Post by teresamichele » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:00 am

I will sometimes lay on my bed and watch movies on my computer (widescreen iMac) while knitting but I never watch TV/movies when I'm going to bed to sleep.

I used to read but I'd stay up too late. Now with the CPAP, I can't anyway, since my mask prevents me from wearing my glasses and my vision is really bad!

"If you weren't trying for it yesterday, why should you have it today?" - Dave Barnes

alnhwrd

Post by alnhwrd » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:16 am

Life is about choices. Given the choice of having a TV or Mrs. alnhwrd in the bedroom, I happily chose the later.