Head surgery

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RN Ricky

Head surgery

Post by RN Ricky » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:24 am

I will be having surgery to move an experimental hearing device from the front of the left side of my head to the back left. I am mostly deaf bi-laterally and the implant is a great improvement over a hearing aid as far as clarity, etc. Now you all know I am the official Lab Rat of cpaptalk The device is about 7 inches long and 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch deep. I am sure when they get this up and running it will be the size of a quarter. I am one of 7 people in the state of Florida and 90 in the US.

In the mean time...I must have some help with the headgear on the Zest nasal mask. When I had the implant initially, the dressing was huge on the side of my head. This time around it will be larger because of more maneuvering. Rested Gal had a photo of her red tights straps for her gear but I could not tell how they are fastened.

I did not think about this until this morning and my surgery is Nov 3 next Tuesday. Of course I could have the Gator snap my head off that would solve my hearing, OSA, & bad joke problem
Send some ideas my way - Thanks

Where there is life, there is hope

bdp522

Re: Head surgery

Post by bdp522 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:41 am

ozij

Re: Head surgery

Post by ozij » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:28 am

Just to make sure everythings clear: The straps are tied together. The knot is the one in the link. I can promise you it holds just fine.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023