Is it worth repairing my unit?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
yorkiemum01

Is it worth repairing my unit?

Post by yorkiemum01 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:31 pm

finally heard back from Resmed, and my Vantage is in need of $250 worth of repairs. It was mftg in 2006, has 3400 hrs of use logged, and they are replacing it to bring it nearly back to new, with a warranty of 6 months. Since I purchased it outright and have a crappy $2500.00 deductible for DME, it is my expense. Just curious of members thoughts on the matter. Need some advice.

KC5cychris

Re: Is it worth repairing my unit?

Post by KC5cychris » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:37 pm

If is is affordable I would recommend updating to a newer model as there have been major changes in the new machines for data tracking as well as new fucntionallity. that may be of interest to you in maintaining your theropy.

Goodluck in your quest
Chris

titrated pressure 10 current setting 12/15.5 autopap

REMEMBER THOSE WHO SERVED
ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL

kempo

Post by kempo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:45 pm

Yorkie, I bought a PR System One REMstar Auto cpap with humidifier today on cpapauctions.com for $165.50. It has 570 hours on it. Plan on using it for a backup and carrying with me when I take trips on my Harley. Check them out.

yorkiemum01

Post by yorkiemum01 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:36 pm

that's a great price, $165.00. Really was peaved to discover Resmed has halted the internet sales of their units. Seems if someone has
a prescription in hand, they should NOT have to hide or haggle to find their medical equipment. Unreal...a monopoly!