Competition for Breathe Rite Strips

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
roster

Competition for Breathe Rite Strips

Post by roster » Sat May 07, 2011 12:38 pm

You can order a free trial pack https://brez.com/shop/free-trial-pack/

$199 for a year supply.

Not for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me edit this to include some other options.

Nozovent® nasal dilator

ImageImage
Clinical evaluation of the nasal dilator Nozovent. The effect on snoring and dryness of the mouth.
Petruson B, Theman K.
SourceDept. of ENT, Sahlgren's Hospital, University of Göteborg, Sweden.

Abstract
When the lateral walls of the nostrils are dilated with Nozovent, inhalation requires less force, thus reducing the risk of vibrations of the soft palate creating the snoring sound. There is also less need for mouth-breathing. When 17 patients were tested during 10 nights, every second night using Nozovent, the sleeping partners noted significantly less snoring these nights than during the nights without Nozovent. The patients themselves also noted significantly less dryness of the mouth when they dilated the nostrils with Nozovent, being able to avoid mouth-breathing.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1470829
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then there is Sinus Cones http://www.sinuscones.com/code/productinfo.htm

and Breathewitheez http://www.breathewitheez.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have heard good comments about Nozovent (and Breathe Rite Strips) but nothing about the others.

Nozovent says washable and reusable and may be the cheapest depending on how many uses you get.

Personally, I have tried none of them. The turbinate reduction and deviated septum surgery did a good job of giving me a nasal freeway.

Last edited by roster on Sat May 07, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rooster
I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

Mary Z

Re: Competition for Breathe Rite Strips

Post by Mary Z » Sat May 07, 2011 12:47 pm

I can't imagine what they would feel like, or how they would stop snoring. Not for me either!

Emilia

Post by Emilia » Sat May 07, 2011 12:47 pm

Looks interesting, but it does say if you have OSA to consult a physician before using this in conjunction. Pricey..... but I bet you can sanitize these a get a few uses from each one. They say not to, but they want to sell more of their product, too. Not sure if this would work with nasal pillows very well.... I'll get a sample and try it out!

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Sat May 07, 2011 12:50 pm

They look PAINFUL to me--the tissues inside my nose are pretty delicate.

I use Breathe Rite strips sometimes when I have a cold. I'm not sure I'd like something IN the nose when I'm sneezy and oozing snot! (Sorry, TMI).
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Emilia

Post by Emilia » Sat May 07, 2011 12:54 pm

I just ordered the free sample.... probably won't get it for many weeks, though. I also found another brand of strips in Target... can't remember if it was a store brand or just another one they carry. They were structured a little differently than Breathe Right, but they worked very well and were less expensive.

When the samples arrive, I'll report on what I think..... that is, if I can stand it!

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

archangle

Post by archangle » Sat May 07, 2011 2:04 pm

When I snore, I snore at the back of the nose or in my throat. I'm not sure what these things would do to help this.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

lars4life

Post by lars4life » Sat May 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Last edited by lars4life on Mon May 23, 2011 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat May 07, 2011 4:24 pm

There used to be an Instructable for home-made breathe-right strips; but it could be gone--I couldn't find it.

roster

Post by roster » Sat May 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Note I edited the OP to include some other devices.

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

Emilia

Post by Emilia » Tue May 17, 2011 9:48 am

You could have knocked me over with a feather, yesterday, when my free sample of this product arrived after only 9 days! Usually free samples take 4 to 6 weeks to come by mail. Needless to say, I was anxious to open the package and try it out. I waited until bedtime to see if I could handle it along with my nasal pillows. First, the free sample is a set of three Brez -- one in each of the sizes, S, M, and L. They say over 70% of users opt for the M so that is the one I opened. I have to say, it is a very clever device, and when I inserted them into my nostrils, it was an instantaneous difference in breathing! They do stent open your nostrils so your nose appears quite different visually. I have a slightly deviated septum in the right side of my nose, and I noticed immediately a change in the amount of air I was getting on that side. Now, I know this is what you are wondering..... They are practically unnoticeable once in place. They don't feel like much of anything.... I have to say, this product is a winner! No discomfort at all! The next big test was using my Swift LT with these in place. Because of the way they are structured, the Brez doesn't interfere with the nasal openings at all. I put on my mask, turned on the machine and WHOA! I had clear, unobstructed air flowing into my nose like never before! I slept like a baby last night..... I may try the size S tonight to see if that works for me. The M was a good fit, but I think it was a tad large for me. We will see tonight... These are supposed to one use only, but I think they can be sanitized and reused if one is very careful.

Give it a try!

I haven't checked my data from last night yet.... I don't do that every day anymore so I will get to it later today and will edit this post when I do. Not expecting big changes there as I usually have great numbers.

EDIT: My data from last night was a typical night.... AHI of 1.7 So, breathing is better, but results the same. Guess I'll save my money!

Last edited by Emilia on Tue May 17, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue May 17, 2011 9:53 am

There was a product like this on the market about 10 years ago. It made not one bit of difference for me. However it did allow more air to flow as emelia noticed.

One of the suggestions with it was to use it when exercising as it allowed for more air flow.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Emilia

Post by Emilia » Tue May 17, 2011 5:57 pm

bump to show my edit above

Marychris

Post by Marychris » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:13 am

Mary Z wrote:I can't imagine what they would feel like, or how they would stop snoring. Not for me either!

As i read you comment,..i am surpised... can you explain me how sleep apnea occurs?
inform me please...

marychris...

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:01 am

Marychris wrote:
Mary Z wrote:I can't imagine what they would feel like, or how they would stop snoring. Not for me either!

As i read you comment,..i am surpised... can you explain me how sleep apnea occurs?
inform me please...

marychris...
MaryChris
Try reading the light bulb wiki above this page also the new users guy beside it. You will glean a ton of info on sleep apnea.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

physicsbob

Post by physicsbob » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:07 am

I ordered the free samples and never got them, but I did get a lot of junk mail, and junk email after I ordered them, so I wouldn't consider them even if they cam after four months.