Online purchase, who sets pressures?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kaiasgram

Online purchase, who sets pressures?

Post by kaiasgram » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:56 pm

I will be purchasing my machine, mask, etc. from cpap.com online and paying myself (my HMO is Kaiser and my plan does not cover any of this). My question: Does the seller (cpap.com) set the prescribed pressures before shipping? If not, who usually does? Thanks from a newbie for the info.

49er

Re: Online purchase, who sets pressures?

Post by 49er » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:56 am

kaiasgram wrote:I will be purchasing my machine, mask, etc. from cpap.com online and paying myself (my HMO is Kaiser and my plan does not cover any of this). My question: Does the seller (cpap.com) set the prescribed pressures before shipping? If not, who usually does? Thanks from a newbie for the info.
Hi,

Cpap.com does.

You also might want to check this site out to make sure they have provider manuals for the machine you are purchasing:

http://tinyurl.com/89rjryj

That way, if your pressures needs change or seem to be incorrect, you can adjust it yourself.

49er

kaiasgram

Re: Online purchase, who sets pressures?

Post by kaiasgram » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:05 am

49er, thanks -- fortunately the manual is available from the url you gave the link for.