Things are getting a little better...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TPM

Things are getting a little better...

Post by TPM » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:15 am

Well, since I first posted, it has been a stressful time. My cat passed away a little over 2 weeks ago and I spent some time dealing with that. But, now I have been able to use the CPAP now without freaking out (ie: panic attack). I can use it all night long and the "hurricane" is now more of a "gentle breeze" like you described. I do like the Wisp mask because I am a side sleeper and don't like a lot of stuff on my face. However, I have been using the Large mask instead of the small because I feel like I'm getting more air with that one. It is a little big for my face and I may eventually switch to the small when I truly get used to wearing it. For some reason I can't really breathe through the small even before it is hooked up. You were all right again about the lower pressure and being harder to breathe. I have found that to be true too. I can tell when it starts to ramp up and it is easier to breathe. I'm still a little tired during the day but I'm hoping that will lessen. I do seem to feel an increment or two better since using it. Hopefully, this is the beginning of a lot of progress.

Pugsy

Re: Things are getting a little better...

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:23 am

I am so sorry about the loss of your cat...been there myself not long ago. It sucks and it hurts like the devil.

Did you know you can change the ramp starting pressure so that you don't have to wait for a little bit of ramp to allow for more comfortable breathing?

When you have time and feel like it could you add your equipment to your profile like I have mine (see right below my comments) so that we can help you better and faster and not have to keep asking what equipment you are using.
Plus there may be some software you can use to help you evaluate your therapy.
We need to know brand and model so we can point you to the software if your machine gathers that sort of data.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

bap40

Post by bap40 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:07 am

Sorry to hear of the passing of your pet. They are so hard to loose and a big chunk of your life is gone so things do change. Glad to hear you are hanging in there. For me it was about 6 weeks into therapy when I thought to myself that I felt better. It was not a dramatic revelation but just an ahah moment. Some people expect a change right away and it does not work like that. Yes, you can change the starting pressure of the ramp so it is easier to breathe right off the bat. Good luck.
Brooke

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:36 pm

It sounds like you are on the right track with your therapy, experimenting with masks and settings etc... actually a very typical and proven track. Keep experimenting and solving the problems as they pop up and you'll hit a patch where it will get a lot easier. Sorry to hear about your cat... I lost two of my cat buddies last year and it still hurts to look at their pictures.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.