Review: HealthCare.gov a winner despite glitches

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rkuntz123

Re: Review: HealthCare a winner despite glitches?

Post by rkuntz123 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:51 pm

The reality is that the Senate Majority Leader and President are holding 17% of the government hostage over their desire to implement a program that passed congress on a purely Partisan vote as not one Republican voted for it, and Bi-partisan opposition as both Democrats and Republicans voted against it. A Government program that a growing majority of the nations people DO NOT want.

Fundamentally the current "shutdown", and there have been many, was caused by a change to the appropriations system by Congressmen and Women of both parties sometime about 20 years ago. The change that was made was the creation of single omnibus "Christmas Tree" appropriations bill that funded government instead of the two hundred year tradition of voting on each departments budget as a free standing item. Why the change ? Two reasons I can think of, general Congressional Laziness and the ability to hide Pork Barrel Spending in a massively complex bill (both Parties are guilty here).

My hope is that the Republicans hold out long enough for the public to force the stonewalling Senate Majority Leader and President to the table on one critical item after another. As each individual funding bill that gets through helps to break the log jam and sooner or later both sides are at the table negotiating like grown men and women.

Personally I'm starting demanding funding and restarting the Amber Alert System and NIH's Children's Cancer Research that has been suspended, these particular boondoggles by the Administration are quite literally risking the lives of children and should be restarted immediately if not sooner.

And it's happening folks Del Eleanor Holmes Martin (D-DC) got all over the President earlier today to allow the District of Columbia to use locally generated funds to keep some programs running and was blown off by the President. This women who is in the center of the maelstrom clearly knows that what the administration is doing is grossly unfair.

rkuntz123

Re: Review: HealthCare a winner despite glitches

Post by rkuntz123 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:02 pm

CRACKS EMERGE AMONG DEMS OVER SHUTDOWN...

Vincent Gray confronts Reid on Capitol steps over shutdown’s impact on District.....

It's happening, they're coming to the table.

RogerSC

Re: Review: HealthCare.gov a winner despite glitches

Post by RogerSC » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:54 am

DeadlySleep wrote:{Huge image with out of context stuff removed...]
Are you referring to this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/0 ... 45336.html

It would be helpful when you post something to give some context, rather than just a part of the story. Although partial information is often used to make a point, however misleading. You can be sure if the Republicans did what the image that you posted said, that they did it with catches so that following it would discredit Obama. After all, their publicly stated purpose is to make sure that Obama fails, and if that happens to cause the U.S. problems, well that's just the way it goes.

Mr Concerned

Post by Mr Concerned » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:44 am

rkuntz123 wrote:Personally I'm starting demanding funding and restarting the Amber Alert System and NIH's Children's Cancer Research that has been suspended, these particular boondoggles by the Administration are quite literally risking the lives of children and should be restarted immediately if not sooner.
They stopped Amber Alert? Those jerks. That had gotten some great results too.
Last edited by Mr Concerned on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

mollete

Post by mollete » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:55 am

Mr Concerned wrote:They stopped Amber Alert? Those jerks. That had gotten some great results too.
Asshole.

Once again you have NFI what you're talking about:
"The website that DOJ maintains is informational, and it's not a law-enforcement tool used to issue Amber Alerts.," Carney added. "And at no point during the shutdown has the Amber Alert system been interrupted.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10 ... er-outcry/

Mr Concerned

Post by Mr Concerned » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:00 am

mollete wrote:
Mr Concerned wrote:They stopped Amber Alert? Those jerks. That had gotten some great results too.
Asshole.

Once again you have NFI what you're talking about:
"The website that DOJ maintains is informational, and it's not a law-enforcement tool used to issue Amber Alerts.," Carney added. "And at no point during the shutdown has the Amber Alert system been interrupted.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10 ... er-outcry/
Geez man. You don't have to be so mean to him. I'm sure he didn't know.

mollete

Post by mollete » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:25 am

Mr Concerned wrote:Why am I such a shithead?
I believe it's part of the continuum of being an asshole.

rkuntz123

Re: Review: HealthCare a winner despite glitches?

Post by rkuntz123 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:35 am

From this mornings news:

Obamacare website cost more than FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN, INSTAGRAM...
'How can we tax people for not buying a product from a website that doesn't work?'
Major insurers, Dem allies repeatedly warned Obama admin...
REPORT: WH knew site might not be ready...
POLL: Just 1 in 10 report success...
Once you get in, you can't get out...
Crazzzzzzzy code...
'It looks like nobody tested it'...
WASHPOST: Not code, but 'outdated, costly, buggy technology'...

Obama Care is looking more and more like a winner. (sarc off)

Hey Mr. Concerned Asshole. Did you read Sen Reid's comments about funding the NIH Children's Cancer Trials, a truly amazing Freudian Slip, bet he wishes he undo that phrase.

Therapist

Post by Therapist » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:07 am

bet he wishes he undo that phrase
No, that nasty little man has no shame.

mollete

Post by mollete » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:16 am

DannyM wrote:
mollete wrote:{Assorted in-depth of analyses of the Issues of the Day}
Wow! I sure wish I was smart like you!
Yeah, but you're not.

Space Oddity

Post by Space Oddity » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:55 am

RogerSC wrote:
DeadlySleep wrote:{Huge image with out of context stuff removed...]
Are you referring to this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/0 ... 45336.html

It would be helpful when you post something to give some context, rather than just a part of the story. Although partial information is often used to make a point, however misleading. You can be sure if the Republicans did what the image that you posted said, that they did it with catches so that following it would discredit Obama. After all, their publicly stated purpose is to make sure that Obama fails, and if that happens to cause the U.S. problems, well that's just the way it goes.

rkuntz123

Re: Review: HealthCare a winner despite glitches - keeping score

Post by rkuntz123 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:33 am

Space Oddity,
Cool avatar it looks like Schrodinger's Cat escaping.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:51 pm

Review: HealthCare a winner despite glitches - keeping score
Winner or whiner?

A direct quote from one of my FB friends posts a few minutes ago:
We had the little TV on in the kitchen while eating lunch. The CNN health reporter was on saying she and some helpers in the studio had been trying to log in several times per day since 10/1. They are trying as early as 7:00 a.m. and as late as 10:30 p.m.

They haven't gotten in yet.
"It's not the number of breaths we take, it's the number of moments that take our breath away."

rkuntz123

Re: Review: HealthCare a loser from the getgo

Post by rkuntz123 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Gran,
The signup snafus are just the tip of the iceberg, the whole program is going to be like this from start to finish. America's middle class will be devastated.

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:13 am

Finally got on to check out policies and rates.

Everything I saw was higher premiums (and/or deductibles) for less coverage than I already have.

I guess when you force people to buy something, prices go up. Who knew?

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...