S9 Autoset reliability questions

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Crist

S9 Autoset reliability questions

Post by Crist » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:18 pm

Hi everyone

I'm from Australia, recently diagnosed with severe OSA. AHI was 115 during the night of my sleep study and I have just completed a week using an S9 Autoset from my sleep clinic which has brought my AHI back down to 1 so I'm feeling like a new person

I picked up a rental S9 Autoset machine today and I have it for an initial period of 1 month, after that I can extend the rental on a weekly basis or purchase a machine of my own. I've decided that I will purchase my own machine and would like to stick with the Autoset as I am having great results and after another month I figure I will be even more used to the machine and I don't want to start over with a different type.

I can purchase a complete package with the machine, humidifier, mask, accessories etc online from the US for about one third of the price that Australian suppliers charge but I won't have access to warranty if I have issues with the machine. As the price difference is so great I am thinking about taking a chance regarding the warranty. My doctor at the sleep clinic said that if I purchase from the US then their lab techs will be happy to help me with any set up that might be needed so I shouldn't have any problems in that regard.

My questions to those that have or have had an S9 Autoset:
How reliable have your machines been?
If your machine needed a repair has it been a major or minor problem?
Would you consider purchasing from an online supplier?

Thanks in advance!

BobHale

Re: S9 Autoset reliability questions

Post by BobHale » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:34 pm

I received my machine in August of 2010, it has 9031 hours on it.
No problems or repairs.

archangle

Post by archangle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:56 pm

There have been very few reports of failures of S9 machines here, and we're a whiny bunch, so we would probably have heard. Even if you buy one, it dies on you, and you have to buy another one from the US, you'll still be ahead on the cost. You could even buy two of them to start with and come out ahead.

The S9 AutoSet is a great machine in general.

I believe ResMed forbids their dealers to sell machines outside of the country, so you may have trouble buying one like you want to without some extra steps.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Thewino

Post by Thewino » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:34 am

Hey Crist,

First, may I please offer congratulations on finding such a quick fix to this diagnosis. It sounds like this machine was made for you.

It may put your mind at ease to realize that the ResMed S9 AutoSet is a top of the line machine. It is the choice of many forum members on this site.

To be honest, I love this machine. In answer to your question, yes, obviously, I would consider buying this machine on-line because that is exactly what I did. This forum is provided by the people that own CPAP.com and that is where I bought my machine and also where I purchase most of my supplies. The owners are really honest people and are extremely customer-centric. A lot of other companies could learn a lot from them. Perhaps you could call them and see what kind of pricing they would offer you. Their international number is +1 713-351-3414.

I've owned my machine since May 2013 and I have not had a single problem.

Good luck,
TheWino
The wino and I know the joy of the ocean... J. Buffett ***Please do not take any information from my post/s as medical advice. I am simply providing personal experiences. Thank you***