SleepyHead 0.9.8-1 Testing Builds

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bwexler

Re: SleepyHead 0.9.8-1 Testing Builds

Post by bwexler » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:33 pm

What is a TTIA graph?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:57 pm

bwexler wrote:What is a TTIA graph?
Total Time In Apnea.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:51 pm

Pirate wrote:With the preferences set to backup SD card on import; where does the SD card backup go?
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to disable that feature... It's a very important part of SleepyHead now... it's needed for automatic rebuilds when someone goes wrong.

[SleepyHeadData]/Profiles/[yourname]/ResMed_xxxxxxxx/Backups
[SleepyHeadData]/Profiles/[yourname]/PRS1_xxxxxxxx/Backups
[SleepyHeadData]/Profiles/[yourname]/FPICON_xxxxxxxx/Backups
[SleepyHeadData]/Profiles/[yourname]/Intellipap_xxxxxxxx/Backups

...etc... (Weinmann isn't done that, as the importer isn't complete)

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:53 pm

palerider wrote:
bwexler wrote:What is a TTIA graph?
Total Time In Apnea.
You just reminded me... I have not gotten around to disable it for PRS1 units without User Flagging and Realignment switched on..

To be clear, on PRS1 units without that feature switched on, this graph means absolutely NOTHING.

IF you switch on user flagging and the realignment checkbox, SleepyHead will go over the flow waveform and look for apneas/hypopneas that overlap with machine detected events, and reposition those, and set their duration correctly (or at least more correctly than Philips did anyway.)

Right now I don't feel it works optimally for hypopneas.. the algorithm needs a bit more fine tuning, but still reasonable.. Depends on the data here..

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:11 pm

calusa wrote:The latest Sleepyhead release is great!

A couple of questions, if anyone knows the answers . . .

I really like being able to set the Y-axis on the graphs, instead of the software constantly resetting it every day. Can I make my Y-axis choices stick so they'll be the same every time I open the software?

Also, on the daily graphs, I can reorder the graphs by dragging them up on or down so that the ones I care about most are on top -- but that order now disappears when I close the software. I'd like it to stay the same every day.
They YAxis settings don't save already...? That means graph settings are not saving correctly on shut down..

The daily graph order is stored in exactly the same file, so this is one bug causing both issues.

What you can try, is deleting the Daily.shg and Overview.shg files out of your profile directory, and then try again, just in case there was corruption from an earlier version that was messing this up?

If that doesn't work... that's one for me to fix for 0.9.8-2

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:39 pm

Mark, Just got the 0.9.8-1 build last night. Windows 7 Home Premium.
The auto adjusting graphs graph change with the y axis seems to hold for me. I only did the leak and pressure graphs as I don't bother even looking at the others but I just now confirmed by changing the y axis graph on pressure line and leak line and closed SleepyHead and opened it again...so if it's a big bug...it doesn't appear to be affecting me. The y axis was just like I left it when I closed SH.

Some dumb ass left her SD card sitting on her computer last night. Wouldn't you know.

All my old data is fine. Didn't have to do anything special with it but then I already was testing 0.9.7 whatever the latest was.

I also had to go get the MS thing that was mentioned on first page. Glad someone had that link handy. Is that going to be something everyone has to do or just a few special Windows users?
Once we get all this version stuff sorted out I am going to redo the install tutorial and will want to include step if you don't have it already in future builds or if having to go get it is rare.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

NateS

Post by NateS » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:47 pm

Mark,

When I went to open the latest Mac download today, SleepyHead could no longer find my SleepyHeadData folder, even though I can see it sitting right in my Mac Document's folder.

The only thing I can think possibly happened is that maybe the last time I opened SleepyHead I may have inadvertently started up an older version of SleepyHead? If so, could that have corrupted the folder and its data? Or is there another explanation?

Any fix for this, other than searching through older versions of my SleepyHeadData folder stored up in CrashPlan?

Regards, Nate

Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

archangle

Post by archangle » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:59 pm

Pugsy wrote:I also had to go get the MS thing that was mentioned on first page. Glad someone had that link handy. Is that going to be something everyone has to do or just a few special Windows users?
I think he just forgot to include the file in the zip file this time.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

NateS

Post by NateS » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:29 pm

NateS wrote:Mark,

When I went to open the latest Mac download today, SleepyHead could no longer find my SleepyHeadData folder, even though I can see it sitting right in my Mac Document's folder.

The only thing I can think possibly happened is that maybe the last time I opened SleepyHead I may have inadvertently started up an older version of SleepyHead? If so, could that have corrupted the folder and its data? Or is there another explanation?

Any fix for this, other than searching through older versions of my SleepyHeadData folder stored up in CrashPlan?

Regards, Nate
ALL IS WELL!!! - Thanks to your ingenious design and my good fortune in locating a backup of a backup from Sept 29, I was able to recover and get back all 978 days of my history!

I'd better move my old versions of SleepyHead app to somewhere where I can't inadvertently click to open any of them!

Thanks to you, Mark!

Best wishes, Nate

Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

calusa

Post by calusa » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:29 am

They YAxis settings don't save already...? That means graph settings are not saving correctly on shut down..

The daily graph order is stored in exactly the same file, so this is one bug causing both issues.

What you can try, is deleting the ____ files out of your profile directory, and then try again, just in case there was corruption from an earlier version that was messing this up?

If that doesn't work... that's one for me to fix for 0.9.8-2

Well, today everything is fine -- Sleepyhead remembered my preferred y-axis values AND the graph order -- so apparently my problem was just a one-time fluke!

pbriggs

Post by pbriggs » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:36 am

okay - so more details this time - really long but focused on importing data and a few issues

Computer is Windows 7 enterprise with service pack 1 installed
HP ZBook 15, intel core i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.7 GHZ
Ram 16 GB
System type is 64-bit
graphics NVIDIA Quadro K1100M

This time I started over - started by making a copy of the profile data from v0.9.3-0 into a test_data folder. Opened V0.9.6 Win32 brokenGL and told it to use the test_data folder. Selected existing user with old data. Received popup that said I need to reimport the PRS1 data, had it purge data.Said no to import from backup folder as it does not exist. Looking at statistics page and it shows 376 days of Oximeter statistics (this matches version 0.9.3). PAP machine information is shown, just no data as I did not import it again yet. Bookmarks are still functioning.

I had a loner machine for 10 days - so I started with importing that data from a copy of the old card. Imported 10 days of data. So far so good. Now to my current machine. My DME copied the data back in April 2014 and created a new folder for the machine to use, so I have basically what looks like 2 cards for my machine. Imported data from 1st card on my machine. Now I have 251 days of PAP data, now from Sug 3, 2103 to April 11, 2014 - so far so good. This matches the date of when the new card was created. Import directly from SD card this time. Now I have 426 days of PAP data from Aug 3, 2103 to Oct 3, 2014 and Oximeter data for 376 days from Sept 5, 2103 to Oct 3, 2104. All looks good so far.

Still in V0.9.6. All looks good - all data here and bookmarks still work, PAP data and Ox data all here. Exit out of software and come back in and all still looks good. So in Version 0.9.6 win 32 brokenGL all is well. Make a backup copy of this data folder just in case so I don't have to import all again.

Started with a fresh copy of ver0.9.8-1-windows-64bit software. Running openGL version. I told the software to not purge data this time and it gave me a screen saying it would open windows to allow me to make a copy of my profile etc... it opened windows explorer and then sleepyhead crashed - no specifics given - just the typical windows box saying "sleepyHead-OpenGL.exe has stopped working" - close program. Launch ver0.9.8-1-windows-64bit openGL again and it shows the profile as already open. Bypass note and I am back to "sleepyhead needs to upgrade its database again... This time I let it import from SD card - then it starts to load journal and crashes again. Perhaps new version does not like old version of journal. Remove journal file from playdata. Open new version of software again, and it is back running. Only I can only see data from my old machine from Aug 3, 2013 to Aug 12, 2013. All Pulse Ox data is gone. Looking at the play_data folder and it shows data from 2 machines and the CMS50, just not in the software. Exit software. Go back in, profile is no longer shown as open. Still only see old machine data, software is not reading the Ox or new machine data that is stored in the play-data folder - most interesting.

Reimport data from card backup. Now I have data upto April 11, 2014 - remember I have 2 cards for the new machine. Import again from card 2 - now I have PAP data upto last night - all is well with PAP data so far. statistics show 426 days of data. Exit software and go back in.

This time the software is still running fine, just lost all of the pulse ox data, even though the folder existed in the data folder, and worked in V0.9.6 Win32 brokenGL. So somewhere there is a difference even in x.6 and x.8 in this area.

removed Ox data from play_data folder and imported one day of ox data into new version of software. Software created a new folder in the profle that has events (contains the ###.001 files) and a summaries folder (has the ###.000 files) There is also a file called summaries.xml.gz and sessions.info file.

Sleepyhead shows 1 day of ox data. So far so good - although it will take a long time to import all the old ox data, so I will play more to see what can be done here. Made another copy of the play_data folder to keep what I have so far in ver0.9.8-1 protected.

Thought perhaps I could salvage my ox data and copied a few days worth of data from the V0.9.3 into the folders. ##.000 and ##.001 into the seperate folders. No luck here as the new version did not recognize them. So removed them and all is still well with V0.9.8-1.

I did notice that the naming convention of the files for Ox has changed. Importing the one day in produced a file name of 52293eb6.000. Searching the older data, even from v0.9.6, this file name does not exist. I would guess this is part of the reason that I can not just copy the old ox data into the new folders and have it work. (I do have a file called 52293eb4, just not a 6) Interesting enough is that if I convert the file name to decimal from hex and then convert the decimal to time format from unix, I get the same date (just a different time by 2 seconds, although the data is what I Assume is important here). Based on my timezone, the date is actually 9-5-2013, which is the date that the ox data is from. Looking in the new software at 9-5-13 I see the ox data starts at 22:32:19 and the unit time stamp in the file name would be 22:32:22 - so I can not explain why that is the file name...

Back to loading data into the new version. With all the playing I crashed the software trying to load ox data from device directly. Even with the cancel button in the oximeter import wizard there was no recovery so I had to kill the software. Who knows what state the computer was in after all the playing around, so reboot and try again. Back into new version and imported data directly from device with no issues.

Issue - I went to bed just after midnight, so the PAP data is under October 4 date (actually went to bed as 5th started, but this is okay as this is what I expected). Importing the ox data and telling it that I started at the same time as the PAP device and the software told me there was no PAP data for the 5th. It did import the data and it shows on the 4th as you would expect, it just did not sync the start time. (00:28:36 was PAP start time). The issue here now is that the software does not let you select the session name and modify the start data like it did in previous versions to correct the start time - this was a nice feature to have. In this version you can only turn it on or off.

So back to bookmarks. Just to try again I copied the bookmarks that were in v0.9.3-0 and imported fine into V0.9.6 (The journal folder) Thought I could just copy the journal folder into the new data area, opening sleepyhead crashed when I did this. (just like earlier) Removing the folder and the software worked fine again.

Overall nice work on the graphs I like the various new features.

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:15 am

Don't know why there are gaps in data (I used the machine on those nights). Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.

How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:40 am

Drowsy Dancer wrote:Don't know why there are gaps in data (I used the machine on those nights). Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.
Looks like you found a bug

Philips "summary only" days (where the .002 file is missing) aren't supported super well yet... sometimes when the card is left out by accident, the next time it is inserted, it will write a whole heap of days worth of sessions in one single set of .001/.002 files, even though it still writes the other individual session files too.. so when it's importing, there are two sets of data available.

It could be trying to load the summary only set, and somehow missing the actual data that's present.

(I thought I had this problem solved, but by the looks of it there is more to it than I thought)

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:32 am

Mark, I may have found another bug.
When I dowload my data it defaults to March 2090. When I atempt to type in more appropriate date at the bottom of the overview page it does not accept what I type.
For example I delete the first 2 digits in the custom from field and type <1><0>the <1> goes in the month field and <0> goes in the day field.

In the daily view I get the same default. Yesterday I scrolled through 75 years to the correct month. that worked. today I highlighted the year (2090) and typed in 2014 and that worked better.
I am not sure my current machine will last me untill 2090.

In 0.9.6 I had the problem with missing days when I forgot to put the SD card back in my PRS1 960. I was trying to check for that error when I found the one above.

I am running Windows 7 Pro Service Pak 1 on Home brew AMD FX 6200 6 Core 3.8 Ghz 16 GB RAM SH 0.9.8-1 64 Bit Open GL.

mecheng

Post by mecheng » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:21 am

When importing pulse /Ox data from my CMS50EW by cable the calender no longer shows (just a blank box with the month above) I carried on and imported and saved. The data then showed up on the 4th October and not the 5th. I purged this data which incidentally purged all data from the fourth not just the pulse / Ox data I re loaded data from my card which replaced the data from my Respironics system 1. I then repeated the exercise with exactly the same result. This is the first time I have imported using the 50EW I usually use my 50D+ which would import faultlessly into the previous version. I am using windows 7 on a 64bit machine.
Thanks for all the work you have done, you must be one of the best programmers ever from what I have seen elsewhere.

Wife as above. Respironics Wisp Nasal mask
Using Sleepyhead and Encore Basic software and CMS 50L pulse ox. Withing's pulse O2 and Sleep as Android for sound.