Need help with finding the right mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Ashlization85

Need help with finding the right mask

Post by Ashlization85 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:43 pm

Hey everyone! I've had my machine for a few months now and definitely loving the therapy (in fact retaking my college assessment tests my score increased by 100 which was great to see such a difference and proof to my that sleep apnea hurts.) but I have been having problems keeping my nasal mask on my face. My sleep tech switched me to the nasal pillow masks and I couldn't even settle with that for a night (loved the air being so close and easily can breathe in but I was having trouble breathing out and that caused me anxiety ) shes now having me try another nasal mask that is smaller than the one I originally had (different headgear also the nasal mask is a take bit smaller side by side, but longer( from nose to hose) and more cushy. hopefully that one helps though. Would love to hear about everyone else's experiences though.

Johnnyb01

Re: Need help with finding the right mask

Post by Johnnyb01 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Tried a full face? I like the Resmed Airfit F10, its pretty open for a full face mask, wont keep you from reading or watching tv while wearing it if that is your habit when winding down at night. I could not handle the nasal pillows for several reasons, and didnt even bother trying a nasal only mask.

Ashlization85

Re: Need help with finding the right mask

Post by Ashlization85 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:04 pm

Johnnyb01 wrote:Tried a full face? I like the Resmed Airfit F10, its pretty open for a full face mask, wont keep you from reading or watching tv while wearing it if that is your habit when winding down at night. I could not handle the nasal pillows for several reasons, and didnt even bother trying a nasal only mask.

I have yet to try a full face one, if this other one doesn't work than I'll go with that. Nasal pillow mask is just really intense and more of a effort to exhale for me. I really didn't mean the previous nasal mask but it had major air leaks and not sturdy enough (I ended up taking it off or pushing it off my face without realizing it) I heard full face is the way to go enspecially when your sick.