4 months into cpap, experiencing a lot of emotions.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BlackSpinner

Re: 4 months into cpap, experiencing a lot of emotions.

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:48 am

cichyb wrote: Well 4 months in I am experiencing emotions Im not used to, or never knew could come out of me. Im more emotional, I cry at normal stuff people would, that I would never. I find myself saying sorry, I understand, or yes you are right.

confused.---but I feel great.
Getting back to the original post.....
Yes when I went on cpap one of the first signs were that I started caring about personal stuff again. I dug up my dusty art work and signed up for a workshop/conference.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

sthnreb

Post by sthnreb » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:55 pm

RANT

Last edited by sthnreb on Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bi-Pap for 17 years now. Rx 12/8 and using a Resmed AirCurve 10 SAuto Bipap Auto.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:34 pm

sthnreb wrote:34,300 posts (combined) lots of drivel deleted I suppose you are willing to take responsibility if he were to have a heart attack because you advised his oxygen level was normal and he did not need a professionals opinion?
you're ASSuming that his 75% is post cpap... you're conveniently not saying anything about the 105.6 ahi.

if you're going to ASSume that the 75% is post cpap, then you need to ASSume that the 105.6 ahi is also post cpap, which would mean that instead of your ASSinine rantings about spo2, you should be focusing on the guy's totally ineffective cpap treatment.

for those of us that aren't ASSuming that his 105.6 ahi and 75% spo2 are post cpap treatment, I'll put it simply for you, since you've ignored multiple people attempting to gently say you're full of crap,

OP has not said BOO about what his TREATED ahi and spo2, however he DID say "but I feel great." this doesn't seem to warrant huge "ZOMYGOD YOU"RE GONNA DIE!"warnings about the state of his treatment.
sthnreb wrote:Maybe these are reasons I quit coming to this forum.
do enlighten us, please. or do you just ASSume we know? or did you perhaps grab onto something and ride it into the sunset like you have this 75% number?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Punchyandtired

Post by Punchyandtired » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:42 pm

I went through strange and unpredictable emotions for about two weeks, two weeks after starting cpap therapy. I think it can be a let down of all the adrenalin and cortisol, etc that your body had been producing every night... My guess anyway.
45 year old female
First AHI: 33.6 (including 2 desats less than 70%)
Pressure setting: min 13 max 20. 95% pressure has been around 15-16.
Trying to like the resmed p10 air pillows and headgear
Started therapy December 19, 2014

sthnreb

Post by sthnreb » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:50 pm

Posting should remain on subjects. Yours too. (No dyed beard)

Last edited by sthnreb on Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bi-Pap for 17 years now. Rx 12/8 and using a Resmed AirCurve 10 SAuto Bipap Auto.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:07 pm

sthnreb wrote:Posting should remain on subjects.
nice of you to come 'round welcome back to the party.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:24 pm

Foe added.
Besides the dyed beard freaks me out!

cichyb

Post by cichyb » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:30 pm

Just to clarify, that my study showed, 105.6 times per hour and within the time i had gone to sleep at 10:30pm till 2:30 am, my oxygen had dropped to 75% for 22 mins. I dont know if that was spread out or at one time. Just what they told me.

But like i said I feel great, its just strange emotions out of no where, whereas I feel good, great, something that I dont think Ive felt in over 20 years, maybe longer. Yea Im mad cause I feel like ive been dragging my feet for so long, or feel robbed; but Im glad I know what is wrong. Prior to the sleep test I had a catheter ablation due to so many Pac's and Pvc's. When I was on a halter monitor i had over 15 thousand Pac's in 24 hrs, and 3200 pvc's. Mine were so out of hand and I could constantly feel them. My heart would also race, which is when my Dr. suggested the ablation. I then went later for the sleep study
Resmed Airsense 10 with humidifier.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:41 pm

I probably suffered for over twenty, maybe thirty years before getting the diagnosis.
Before the 80's the only treatment was a trache, nothing like these awesome machines we have now.
I used to be bitter because "why was I born poor, short, nearsighted, etc.?"
Eventually I learned that stuff just happens, and what matters is how we handle it.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Foe added.
Besides the dyed beard freaks me out!
wrong hat too... should be one o' them three sided thingamajiggers.

sthnreb

Post by sthnreb » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:56 pm

ok..some need it

Last edited by sthnreb on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goose
Location: The left coast - CA... If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!

Post by goose » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Dude, roll with it... It sounds like the "real you" is cool and you should embrace him.
I've been doing this routine for going on 7 years now (I think... I get my medicare on Saturday so my brain is...well, you know) and a few of the things you've described happened to me and I love it. You're not tired all the time, you can pay attention to what's going on around you, and I'm sure your family is very appreciative that "dad" is recovering. Don't look at "mellow" as being a negative - there's a whole lot less heartburn in it...
Keep at it - your original numbers aren't real great, so you definitely need to keep on keepin' on...

take care
cheers
goose

-the Dalai Lama

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:11 pm

goose wrote:Dude, roll with it... It sounds like the "real you" is cool and you should embrace him.
I've been doing this routine for going on 7 years now (I think... I get my medicare on Saturday so my brain is...well, you know) and a few of the things you've described happened to me and I love it. You're not tired all the time, you can pay attention to what's going on around you, and I'm sure your family is very appreciative that "dad" is recovering. Don't look at "mellow" as being a negative - there's a whole lot less heartburn in it...
Keep at it - your original numbers aren't real great, so you definitely need to keep on keepin' on...
now that sounds like good advice.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:33 am

cichyb wrote: But like i said I feel great, its just strange emotions out of no where, whereas I feel good, great, something that I dont think Ive felt in over 20 years, maybe longer.
Go and read up on the latest studies on sleep deprivation. They have been doing studies on that for about 100 years, especially the armed forces. People who are sleep deprived will bomb schools and hospitals without a blink. There is a reason sleep deprivation is used to "question " people and in indoctrination.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal