Vitamin B-12

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
houstonrockets83

Re: Vitamin B-12

Post by houstonrockets83 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:28 am

Jay Aitchsee wrote:
Jay Aitchsee wrote:
Huh? wrote:Are you just trying to scare people? Yes, it is in the link you provide, but all those cautions are related to people with health problems that are specified. And one of the cautions is a concern that you might not absorb enough of B-12 supplement you are taking.
I stand by my first post in this thread:
Jay Aitchsee wrote:Take an amount which will keep your serum level at 500-900 pg/mL.
500 mcg/day does it for me.
Reference
Why in the world would you take more of anything than you needed (or something you didn't need) - especially without being aware of the cautions?
And another reason to take only what you need:
https://www.yahoo.com/health/dietary-su ... 26432.html
Warning: Too Many Dietary Supplements May Increase Cancer Risk
THIS above is a bs article like no other, it is what is called click baiting. They have this generalized title of this article, when really it should say TOO much vitamin E, folic acid and beta-carotene are bad for you. Well guess what? TOO much vitamin c can kill you also.

lorijbeers

Post by lorijbeers » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:02 am

Good morning. I take a sublingual B-12, and I take 3 per day. Absorption is much better taking it sublingually. I order mine online from Vita4Life which is a bariatric company. All together, that's 3000 mcg per day. I get my labs tested once every 6 months to monitor my intake because it does store in the liver and don't want to become toxic.

SunnyBeBe

Post by SunnyBeBe » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:10 pm

I take 500 mg every other day. I'm up for a test soon, since mine was previously low. It's supposed to be very important to your health, especially to protect your mental health.
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (contains humidifier)
Nuance Pro Gel Pillow and headgear

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Some formulations are better taken sublingually, others don't matter... and it is almost impossible to take too much. Do some research, you'll see.