Finally got a hold of the DME

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Enchanter

Finally got a hold of the DME

Post by Enchanter » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:25 pm

They said that the order was cancelled because information is missing. They need a copy of the 'baseline' studies. So I guess I'll call the doctors office again. I believe she said she already sent them in long ago. Really confusing.

I just called the doctors office, spoke to the doctor's assistant and she said that she sent them everything that she has. So she is confused but says she will call them and ''Rip them a new one.''
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier
- Allergy Shots + nose Spray + Hepa Air Purifier
- Cardiovascular Exercise + Stretching

Enchanter

Re: Finally got a hold of the DME

Post by Enchanter » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:05 am

Nobody replied yet, so just bumping this thread up. What is my next step? I cannot go to the building because they cancelled the order. And even if I was able to see a new doctor, what happens to my doctor and my tests? I did what I was supposed to do.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

ramblingasian

Post by ramblingasian » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:40 am

I'll bite. No one is responding since you still haven't followed the advice of showing up at your doctor and speaking face to face instead of talking on the phone where anyone can brush you off.

There. I bit.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:36 am

aside from the fact that DMEs don't get "baseline studies" what other bullshit does one find in this episode of

"As the Bullshit Turns"

stay tuned for the next thrilling episode.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

flightco

Post by flightco » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:35 am

palerider wrote:aside from the fact that DMEs don't get "baseline studies" what other bullshit does one find in this episode of

"As the Bullshit Turns"

Absolutely, if there was any truth to this bunch of BS, Enchanter would have walked into his Dr office (just like everyone told him to do), picked up his prescription, taken it to the DME and picked up his Cpap. However, what we have here is a troll who learned enough about this group and the fact that they try SO HARD to help people that he was able to sit in his basement, toke up and laugh his ass off at how we have played along.

If helping you is wrong, we don't want to be right, if being wrong.....

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:57 am

#1. Call your insurance co and tell them not to pay the Sleep Dr's bill because they have failed to give you test results and you may need to be retested at a different sleep center.
#2. Send a letter to the sleep Dr and your primary care Dr. requesting copies of your test results and prescription. Ask them to mail the results to you. I have told you to do this on several previous posts.

Here, I will even dictate it for you.

To: Sleep Center Doctor:
Please mail to me copies of my sleep test results. And, Please mail to me a copy of my prescription. If my sleep test results are unavailable, please send me written verification and the reason by October 14, 2015.
Please reply to:
Enchanter
My address is:

Thank you.

#3. Either get the results by that date, or get a new sleep test.

If you can't handle it, get someone to help you follow these steps.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:05 am

A new thread? What a surprise - NOT!

I already told you what to do step-by-step, in the other thread, right here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107584&st=0&sk=t&sd ... 5#p1026360

You still haven't done it. Since you choose to ignore my advice on how I solved the problem when the same thing happened to me, I will not bother to repeat myself yet again. I think you are either incapable or unwilling to take the necessary action to help yourself.

Last edited by yaconsult on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:13 am

No comment; simply because profanity is in violation of forum rules.

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:05 pm

flightco wrote:
palerider wrote:aside from the fact that DMEs don't get "baseline studies" what other bullshit does one find in this episode of

"As the Bullshit Turns"

Absolutely, if there was any truth to this bunch of BS, Enchanter would have walked into his Dr office (just like everyone told him to do), picked up his prescription, taken it to the DME and picked up his Cpap. However, what we have here is a troll who learned enough about this group and the fact that they try SO HARD to help people that he was able to sit in his basement, toke up and laugh his ass off at how we have played along.

If helping you is wrong, we don't want to be right, if being wrong.....
If you think I'm a troll, then you're stupid or giving me too much credit. That's just fantasy shit you're coming up with. I already walked into my doctor's office and remember I posted the test results on here? That was all they had for me. Okay? What prescription? She gave me everything she had.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:07 pm

"As the Bullshit Turns"

Well that was what she FUCKING SAID!
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:07 pm

If you have no useful results from the lab a prescription is useless... you won't get one because there are no results to go by.

Either SEE your DOCTOR in person and get referred for a new study and new results, or get a new doctor. Period. There are no other options.

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:11 pm

Cardsfan wrote:#1. Call your insurance co and tell them not to pay the Sleep Dr's bill because they have failed to give you test results and you may need to be retested at a different sleep center.
#2. Send a letter to the sleep Dr and your primary care Dr. requesting copies of your test results and prescription. Ask them to mail the results to you. I have told you to do this on several previous posts.

Here, I will even dictate it for you.

To: Sleep Center Doctor:
Please mail to me copies of my sleep test results. And, Please mail to me a copy of my prescription. If my sleep test results are unavailable, please send me written verification and the reason by October 14, 2015.
Please reply to:
Enchanter
My address is:

Thank you.

#3. Either get the results by that date, or get a new sleep test.

If you can't handle it, get someone to help you follow these steps.

Alright, I'll do these specific things. But when I do, please don't accuse me for not following more steps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:12 pm

Julie wrote:If you have no useful results from the lab a prescription is useless... you won't get one because there are no results to go by.

Either SEE your DOCTOR in person and get referred for a new study and new results, or get a new doctor. Period. There are no other options.

Well who's steps do I follow? People are giving me different ways. Which one? I have to just pick one.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:26 pm

41 Threads started by the OP containing more than 2400 posts. More than 1000 advisory suggestions. None taken.
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&author=enchanter&sf=firstpost

Jay Aitchsee wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:Stuck in a loop.
Playing us.
Wasting time, bandwidth, and goodwill.
The vortex may be exciting, but eventually you pass through the drain.
Kam23 wrote:PATHETIC
Kind people on the forum give it up. This guy is playing you. On the outside chance he is not then he is an idiot for not listening to the good advice that has been giving to him MANY times.
Jay Aitchsee wrote:
palerider wrote:just to remind everybody:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105383&p=997211#p997211
kaiasgram wrote:In fact I'm convinced that people's staying engaged with him on this forum -- no matter how well intended -- is keeping him distracted and disinclined to seek the help he really needs and which no one here is in a position to provide. I have compassion for his suffering and I feel strongly that the most helpful thing all of us can do at this point is to draw the line, stop responding to all his posts, put an end to these dysfunctional circular dialogues, and hope that he will then turn his attention to getting the appropriate professional (medical and mental health) care.
Brattygirl65 wrote:I can't believe you people are still communicating with this guy!!!
I can't either. As I said earlier, the OP has started at least 40 threads containing more than 2000 posts. Probably at least 1000 posts are from people offering similar advice to similar questions over and over. Einstein's definition of insanity comes to mind, but I'm not sure who it applies to.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&author=enchanter&sf=firstpost

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:33 pm

Having worked for very many doctors over my lifetime, including in-hospital ones, I probably know pretty well how the system works and I suggest you take my advice. Seriously.