Hoze Boss?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Lauperfan

Hoze Boss?

Post by Lauperfan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:49 am

sleepylynn

Re: Hoze Boss?

Post by sleepylynn » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:25 am

I just got it a couple of days ago. It's supposed to come with the 3M sticky strips to attach to your wall or headboard, but mine didn't. Once I bought some strips and got it attached, it's worked great...but I also have the Dreamwear mask, so the hose stays above my head. I'm not sure how well it would work if your hose comes from the nose area of your mask - you might have to leave more of it free. But the reels do turn smoothly so the hose goes with you when you move around.

Lauperfan

Post by Lauperfan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:30 am

Thanks, sleepylynn. It looks like a great product. I do have the Airfit P10 (nose pillows), so do you recommend I attach it not so high on the headboard?

Also, it's supposed to come with the 3M strips. Sorry yours didn't. Any other advice about using this?

sleepylynn

Post by sleepylynn » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:00 pm

You might try attaching it a little lower, and keep more of the hose on your side of the hanger than on the machine side. Whatever gives you enough slack to avoid pulling on your mask and causing leaks.

I'm also thinking about getting my own hooks and separating the reels. It comes with both reels attached to a central hanger, which then sticks to the 3M strips. I think you could take that off and put one reel closer to your head, and one farther along the headboard to route the hose however you want it. Not sure how much pull that'll put on one reel, though, so ymmv.

Lauperfan

Post by Lauperfan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:11 pm

Thanks again. I think you're right about allowing more slack in the hose near my side, so there is less strain/pull. At least with the 3M strips, I can test it out a few times and try to find the right positioning.

One thing: I tend to stick all the tubing into the deep drawer next to me when I wake up. Do you just leave it hanging from the headboard all the time?

sleepylynn

Post by sleepylynn » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:13 pm

Yep, I just leave mine hang - though I do disconnect it from the machine and let it dangle in case there's any condensation that needs to dry out. But my machine sits up high - if yours is lower, that might not be an issue.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:19 pm

I love my hoze boss. It is great for traveling. Works like it is supposed to. Highly recommend. The retractable string has a lot of length to it-- a little more than 2 feet. Whoever made this did a great job. You do have to give the adhesive strips 4-5 minutes to set up.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:35 pm

lauperfan- I would suggest you hook up the hose boss to your long hose with mask attached, and then hold the hoze boss up to the headboard and see how much slack you need. If you have someone to help you, put the mask on, lay down, and let them hold the boss in position. I find it good to separate the velcro straps several inches apart. It's pretty easy to set up because it retracts on it's own to the exact length.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:45 pm

More links on hose hangers including self retracting reels than you could ever imagine. An oldie but a goodie:

viewtopic.php?t=10640

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

CaptainRaven40

Hoze Boss?

Post by CaptainRaven40 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:18 pm

I love mine. I use it every night. I did separate the reels and just used the strips it came with and attached them to the back of the reels then to my headboard. Works great and I have slept so much better since I got them.

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:48 pm

If anybody has a question or issue with this product please feel free to contact me directly. This is another one of my crazy ideas. I am open to suggestions and feedback.

Hose_Head

Post by Hose_Head » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:12 am

SleepGuy wrote:If anybody has a question or issue with this product please feel free to contact me directly. This is another one of my crazy ideas. I am open to suggestions and feedback.
I am a long timer user of the Hose Boss. In fact, I have two of them: I use one nightly and keep a second one in my travel kit. After over 5 years of almost continuous use, my primary Hose Boss has given up the ghost. One of the reels has broken and will not rewind. I'm surprised it lasted that long! I will be buying a replacement

Ideas for your product? My biggest (in fact, only) complaint has been that the springs in the reels are not strong enough to lift my hose, which is weighed down by a luxurious hose cover (purchased from padda-cheeks if I recall correctly). They will hold the hose in place once I lift it manually - this has become a reflex action for me whenever I roll over in bed! It would be great if a model were offered that had a slightly stronger spring in it for those who need it. Or better still, an adjustable spring would be even better.
I'm workin' on it.