Sleep Apnea & Mental Health

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
stepyou

Re: Sleep Apnea & Mental Health

Post by stepyou » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:04 am

Yes, I'm down to 24 teeth. And will only be on CPAP until I get my jaws broken in a couple of years (yep, to make them bigger!) hopefully

Zoopshine

Post by Zoopshine » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:45 am

I also have severe allergies. I was amazed at what a difference my cpap made, and I attribute a lot of that (allergy-wise) to the simple fact that my machine is feeding me filtered air. My dogs still sleep with me. My machine is so quiet they were only curious about it, then ignored it when they decided it wasn't fun. Unfortunately, I have a kitten that likes to attack anything that hangs down, and he had to be banished from the bedroom.

As for TMJ, mine was so bad my cartridge was destroyed and I had to have surgery to remove it and smooth the bone. I also went most of high school with braces due to small mouth/crooked teeth. So yeah, not a new song being sung here!

For allergies, while everyone is different, I have found that humidification helps a lot as well. I keep mine around 4 or 5, depending on how stuffy my head is. Adding a cool mist humidifier to my room with the door closed now that the heat is running eliminated the problem of my humidifier running dry.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:38 am

Zoopshine wrote:I also have severe allergies. I was amazed at what a difference my cpap made
Before CPAP, you were breathing in dog dander and dried dust mite feces right off your pillow case and sheets. With CPAP, you are breathing filtered air coming from the nightstand.
First read: viewtopic/t172378/Sticky--Newbies-PLEAS ... STING.html

Then get a free account: https://home.sleephq.com/

Post links in this thread for members to see and make recommendations.