tubeless masks?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
urn357

tubeless masks?

Post by urn357 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:39 am

Anyone heard about these new tubeless systems? Care to offer any info if you do? I read an article today, don't want to post a link or anything being I'm new, about these new tubeless systems. It was dated just a few weeks ago.

garagelogician

Re: tubeless masks?

Post by garagelogician » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:49 am

They have been discussed quite frequently here. Long story short...it's not worth the thought or effort.

urn357

Post by urn357 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:43 am

thanks for the quick reply. And sorry if I resurrected a already discussed topic. I just didn't see anything in forum right off, but maybe I didn't dig enough.
Anyone else tried these? I ask because I'm a "toss and turn" sleeper. Anything that gets in the way "less" is always better for me.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:47 am

They are vaporware and likely to never actually get released which is why it is not considered. You can't get them now and most likely never will or at least the way they have been hyped.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

urn357

Post by urn357 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:00 am

yeah I gathered from the article i read that they were still in testing phases and said they had funded something like 2.5 mil for them recently. Something to do with selling them at first for only $3 to a certain amount of people who want to try them. So maybe we will get to give them a shot someday.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:03 am

If you are talking about the "Airing" device it is just some guys idea and not in production.
Not sure if his "idea" was to really produce the device or just get a bunch of money donated.
You can search the forum for "Airing" and find some past discussion.
Right now no one has even tried it because he doesn't even have a working model....just a cool picture and the idea. Got a bucket load of money donated via crowd sharing fund raiser though.
If (and that's a really big IF) all the potential problems associated with his idea are ever overcome it will be years before see it available for the general public. Cool idea though and appealing for sure to a lot of people I guess judging from the money that was toss his way.

So...no one has even tried it because it doesn't exist at the moment and there's a real good chance it never will.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

urn357

Post by urn357 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:06 am

10-4. Thanks. Yeah it is Airing I was reading about.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:37 pm

urn357 wrote:yeah I gathered from the article i read that they were still in testing phases and said they had funded something like 2.5 mil for them recently. Something to do with selling them at first for only $3 to a certain amount of people who want to try them. So maybe we will get to give them a shot someday.

They are being tested in Nigaian, behind a leantoo with no electricty, but they still have fiber wifi, and will accept your CC info. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire