I slept awesome, it's a miracle

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Cathyann

I slept awesome, it's a miracle

Post by Cathyann » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:44 am

Since I've started cpap again, I've been doing alright. Last night I did even better and I'm so happy.

All my life I've been able to fall asleep quickly, it's just the quality was poor- tossing and turning, having to go to the bathroom a few times. Since I started cpap 3 weeks ago I've only had to get up to go to the bathroom just once, usually around 4:45 am. Last night was a miracle- I never woke during the night at all. In fact, I turned my alarm off (meant to hit snooze!) and was awoken by my kid at 7:20. Crap! I got him fed, dressed and ready for school in record time. Hope that doesn't happen again though.

So what was different about yesterday? Well I joined a gym, did good time on the treadmill. Started using my Fitbit again and got my 10000 steps, and no nap. That's really the only thing that I did differently. I slept! My cpap and my Fitbit both showed I had a good night. The Fitbit graph used to always have many peaks and valleys, nothing this time. I know that thing isn't super reliable, but compared to what it used to look like, big difference!

I haven't been able to get sleepyhead going yet but I do read the clinical menu on the machine. My pressure is set for 9-13 and I average about 11.6 most nights. Best thing yet, I can sleep on my tummy with the P10, something I was unable to do with the swift fx.

On the downside, I still feel like going back to bed. I hope someday I'm able to bounce out with energy and ready to start my day. Fingers crossed.

Sorry this was so long. Maybe I'll sort of use this as my sleep diary. When I get sleepyhead I'll prob just post my graphs here. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Cathyann on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

GettingBetter

Re: I slept awesome, it's a miracle

Post by GettingBetter » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:54 am

Cathyann wrote:Since I've started cpap again, I've been doing alright. Last night I did even better and I'm so happy.

All my life I've been able to fall asleep quickly, it's just the quality was poor- tossing and turning, having to go to the bathroom a few times. Since I started cpap 3 weeks ago I've only had to get up to go to the bathroom just once, usually around 4:45 am. Last night was a miracle- I never woke during the night at all. In fact, I turned my alarm off (meant to hit snooze!) and was awoken by my kid at 7:20. Crap! I got him fed, dressed and ready for school in record time. Hope that doesn't happen again though.

So what was different about yesterday? Well I joined a gym, did good time on the treadmill. Started using my Fitbit again and got my 10000 steps. That's really the only thing that I did differently. I slept! My cpap and my Fitbit both showed I had a good night. The Fitbit graph used to always have many peaks and valleys, nothing this time. I know that thing isn't super reliable, but compared to what it used to look like, big difference!

I haven't been able to get sleepyhead going yet but I do read the clinical menu on the machine. My pressure is set for 9-13 and I average about 11.6 most nights. Best thing yet, I can sleep on my tummy with the P10, something I was unable to do with the swift fx.

On the downside, I still feel like going back to bed. I hope someday I'm able to bounce out with energy and ready to start my day. Fingers crossed.

Sorry this was so long. Maybe I'll sort of use this as my sleep diary. When I get sleepyhead I'll prob just post my graphs here. Thanks for reading.
Congratulations! I'm really happy for anyone that can get a great night of UN-interrupted sleep. I slept nearly 8 hrs straight last night and it was wonderful. I understand about the wanting to go back to bed. I'm fighting that one this morning for some reason. I keep making note of things I need to do - wash the dog - I'll just rest for a couple of hours, still time for that - Need to sweep and clean all the hardwood - A couple of missing hours won't matter - The Fridge could use a good cleaning - It's just two hours. I'm fighting it, but I put that mask on and it is just so nice to rest.

Hope you continue with great night's of restful slumber!

GB

Cathyann

Post by Cathyann » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:06 am

Thank you GB. I hope you do too. . Maybe our bodies have been starved for so long and it needs a little time to play catch up.

A few things I need to mention- I didn't nap yesterday. Normally I'm pretty damn lazy and don't get anything done. I worked out and didn't snooze midday. Also, I take meds for epilepsy- seizure free since 2009. But the meds I'm on cause me to have lots of dreams, a common side effect of Lamictal. I love dreaming as it was something I only remember doing about once a year before I started taking it. I've always wondered if it could somehow affect my SA since I'm hitting REM but I still snored and had events according to my husband,

Thanks for reading.

urn357

Post by urn357 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:59 am

Great to hear a positive, awesome story every now and then instead of reading about problems and more problems. Thanks for sharing

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:13 am

We are primarily here to help those who are struggling, but we certainly love to hear about people who can make CPAP work for them. Especially when they start to exercise and face the world with an improved outlook on life. Keep up the great work!

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Heart Jumping

Post by Heart Jumping » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:36 am

Congratulations Cathyann! Shall I send the guy that's in the picture in the "where can I find an attractive mask" thread over as a reward ?

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:56 pm

Heart Jumping wrote:Congratulations Cathyann! Shall I send the guy that's in the picture in the "where can I find an attractive mask" thread over as a reward ?

Cathyann.... always nice to read a positive post. Happy for you.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Cathyann

Post by Cathyann » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:17 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:We are primarily here to help those who are struggling, but we certainly love to hear about people who can make CPAP work for them.
Ack, I feel bad now since it sounded like I was boasting. .

To all who are struggling, persevere and keep trying. I'm glad I did. I didn't try years ago when I was 1st diagnosed. I had to finally do something.

Last edited by Cathyann on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cathyann

Post by Cathyann » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:18 pm

Heart Jumping wrote:Congratulations Cathyann! Shall I send the guy that's in the picture in the "where can I find an attractive mask" thread over as a reward ?
Hurry please! I'm not getting any younger.

Mudrock63

Post by Mudrock63 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:01 pm

Also love to hear the positive stories! Congratulations! I do think you probably have a sleep debt to pay off, but keep it up and you will be fine.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:48 pm

Cathyann wrote:I joined a gym, did good time on the treadmill. Started using my Fitbit again and got my 10000 steps, and no nap.

Bookbear

Post by Bookbear » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:38 pm

Yay, Cathyann! I am glad you had such a good night... hopefully many more to follow! And thank you for posting... newbies need to see success stories like yours.

tfaff

Post by tfaff » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:25 pm

Your post was encouraging and helpful for me. The encouragement to exercise is a great reminder, I know I've gotten weak laying around so much.

Also the part about wanting to go back to sleep, it helps to know that others struggle with that, I've literally slept many days away, and it will be good to see more productive days.

Thanks for sharing your good news.