Way to go - APOLOGY ALSO

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Madalot

Way to go - APOLOGY ALSO

Post by Madalot » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:37 am

Nice job. You've chased off the ONE person on this forum that did a ton of good.

All of you that are sarcastic, snarky, or just plain nasty -- you all have turned this place into one of nothing but stupidity and nastiness. If this is what human beings have turned into, I'm ashamed to be among them.

A lot of you need to ask yourself if this is who you want to be as a person.

Again -- nice job.

Last edited by Madalot on Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mudrock63

Re: Way to go you Idiots

Post by Mudrock63 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:07 am

Hope you aren't talking about Pugsy leaving. That would suck for the board and for people desperately in need of help.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:11 am

I'm flabbergasted...... I'm bumping this thread to the TOP so that it gets read, read, and re-read. Thanks Maddie for the heads up, I know that I have contributed to the "crap" and hope like hell that its not Pugsy or Wulfman that have decided to leave. I too have left a couple of times lately because of the multiple personality nastiness that has gone on. When crap like what has gone on lately creeps in to this wonderful forum, it hits us all when none of us need it. We have come here to get our therapy dialed in and when it has, stayed on to help those that come after us. I know for a fact and I have repeated this a number of times, I would have never made it if it wasn't for the unselfish help I have received here. Thank you, thank you, I will NEVER forget those that have kept me on track to be a successful "hosehead". I'm gone.
Cheers
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

flightco

Post by flightco » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:45 am

Madalot wrote:Nice job. You've chased off the ONE person on this forum that did a ton of good.

All of you that are sarcastic, snarky, or just plain nasty -- you all have turned this place into one of nothing but stupidity and nastiness. If this is what human beings have turned into, I'm ashamed to be among them.

A lot of you need to ask yourself if this is who you want to be as a person.

Again -- nice job.
So who left and why do you think calling people idiots is any different than the very thing you are complaining about? Since Pugsy was here an hour ago I doubt that is who it is. Why the secret?

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:49 am

You get the same thing in volunteer organizations. Some one new comes in, gets helped and decides to "fix" the organization and make it a little in group. They want only their style of communication, their lifestyle, and little yes men around. Then they wonder why the group dies in 6 months and of course it is all someone elses fault. Books have been written about how to deal with these bigoted little assholes and keep your church, your support group, your political organization from being destroyed from within. You can't call them on their shit because they are all big eyed and sweetly helpful while they stab everyone in the back and create huge dramas.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:59 am

The title of this thread should be "OT...WAY TO GO YOU IDIOTS...OT"... because it sure IS!

I will predict that this thread makes it to 35 pages ...
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:04 am

grayghost4 wrote:The title of this thread should be "OT...WAY TO GO YOU IDIOTS...OT"... because it sure IS!

I will predict that this thread makes it to 35 pages ...
But it is not OT because if they drive away the people who can help most then the forum's ability to help people is compromised.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:11 am

I will be phasing out my participation on this forum because I simply cannot stomach the way things are now.
Yesterday 80% of the posts were shit slinging name calling and had nothing to do with helping anyone except the person trying to get the last shovelful of shit thrown.

Anyone want to take on the job of being the home for unwanted cpap stuff?
I am done with it.
I probably will have a final clearance thread and be done with the unwanted cpap stuff job.

Common sense and common courtesy have long sense been abandoned here.
It makes me very sad because it used to be a place that welcomed people and was a fun place to come to.
Just because a person can say anything they want to doesn't mean they necessarily should but if it is more important to be the last shit slinger here....go for it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Thatgirl

Post by Thatgirl » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:26 am

Oh no, Pugsy! I'm sorry it's come to this for you. I've enjoyed learning from your wealth of knowledge so much. Without this forum's, and particularly your, expertise, I'm sure I wouldn't have stuck with this.

Usually ~EPAP 6, IPAP 12
Loving Sleepyhead!

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:28 am

Pugsy wrote:I will be phasing out my participation on this forum because I simply cannot stomach the way things are now.
Yesterday 80% of the posts were shit slinging name calling and had nothing to do with helping anyone except the person trying to get the last shovelful of shit thrown.

Anyone want to take on the job of being the home for unwanted cpap stuff?
I am done with it.
I probably will have a final clearance thread and be done with the unwanted cpap stuff job.

Common sense and common courtesy have long sense been abandoned here.
It makes me very sad because it used to be a place that welcomed people and was a fun place to come to.
Just because a person can say anything they want to doesn't mean they necessarily should but if it is more important to be the last shit slinger here....go for it.
I am so sad. I need your knowledge as does everyone here. I was going to PM this but I see you anticipated that and have turned PM's off. I hope you will reconsider or somehow let me know how I can continue learning from you.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:31 am

I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, especially regarding Pugsy. A very sad day indeed, mostly thanks to all the overblown egoistical nuts out there slinging sh*t all the time. I try to avoid those noxious threads so it was easy to push the problem out of my mind, however now it's apparent that it was getting really bad. Moderation is bound to follow.

Last edited by Sir NoddinOff on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:31 am

Hi - this one's my fault, but I have written to the OP and hopefully he'll be back. I won't explain further here for now, but will say it was about the Cpapguy and my not knowing better than to react too fast very late last night (Atlantic time), misinterpreting something (again). I apologize to everyone... you could always read the thread and decide for yourselves of course - "Full Face Mask Thoughts".

PoolQ

Post by PoolQ » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:48 am

Pugsy-I completely understand, wish it wasn't so, but understand. It gets very tiring to see the same crap from the same people, day after day. They laugh when a newbie leaves. And now they laugh when you leave. Toxic and the worst part is, despite all their claims of how active this forum is, they add little to none to the purpose of the forum itself. Pages and pages of crap and bickering. For a while I thought they were like children, but then decided that at no time in my youth did I ever see anything like this. There needs to be a different definition for internet TROLL, someone that spews toxic comments and claims that this is somehow good for a place that is meant for something else.

Truly a sad day and I hope that perhaps a few will read your post and reevaluate what they do on this forum. I can only hope.
Sleeping MUCH better now

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:55 am

It's not any one person's "fault"....it's a combination of things and people and general attitudes about what is "okay to say" no matter how much it might hurt someone.

It not so much what any one person says but most often the way it is said that makes me sit here and think to myself....."do they not even bother to read what they wrote and how shitty it sounds"
all in the name of "tough love" or the "cold hard facts of life" or whatever else excuse someone wants to use for being an asshole.

Keep it up folks and the only ones left will be the shit slingers because people who really need help will come here and promptly leave.

Whatever happened to "if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all".

It's now common place to make fun of someone who cries and leaves the forum and tell them to "get thick skinned" like it is their fault.
Is that really what this forum has come down to? Pretty sad day.

The other thing besides common sense and common courtesy that is missing....compassion.
Compassion has been replaced by ridicule.

Last edited by Pugsy on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Cathyann

Post by Cathyann » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:58 am

This is where a ban button would be beneficial. I help moderate a forum and the amount of respect the members have for everyone else is such a joy. Of course there is squabbling sometimes, but it gets sorted out publicly or privately. It's not hard folks- just treat others the way you'd like to be treated.