slim line tube vrs. climate line or heated tube

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
C/O_Guy

slim line tube vrs. climate line or heated tube

Post by C/O_Guy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:04 pm

what are the pros of a climate or heated tube over a slandered slim line tube
Breath happy, Sleep better

deerslayer

Re: slim line tube vrs. climate line or heated tube

Post by deerslayer » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:10 pm

Have used both & have switched back and forth a time or two. In the winter(dryer)months with a cool bedroom, i like the climate line set to 72 degrees to get the best #'s & humidity .

thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in The Holy Trinity 🙏

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:16 pm

C/O_Guy wrote:what are the pros of a climate or heated tube over a slandered slim line tube
On page 11 of the manual link I gave you describes the Climate Control. With the ClimateLine hose, which is the heated hose for your machine, it can be set to auto and:

The Tube Temperature is set to 80°F (27°C) and Climate Control adjusts the humidifier output to maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level of 85% relative humidity while protecting against rainout (water droplets in the air tubing and mask).

With the Climateline you also have the option for manual settings and the ability to set the humidifier and tube temperature separately.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:55 pm

The climate line gives you a little more length. The attachment is angled toward the side. The slimline attachment is angled toward the back of the machine. The climate line is 7 inches longer.
You can use the climate line with the heat turned off. I like it for the extra length.

When you travel, the slim line takes up less space in the carry case.

Last edited by Cardsfan on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:56 pm

C/O_Guy wrote:what are the pros of a climate or heated tube over a slandered slim line tube
You did not ask about cons. The cons are additional cost, additional weight and additional heat in the bed.

As far as pros, it depends on what climate you live in, what humidity setting you use, whether you ever experience rainout, and how much additional heat you want in the bed.

BTW, that slim line tube should sue.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:40 pm

Cardsfan wrote:The climate line is 7 inches longer.
You can use the climate line with the heat turned off. I like it for the extra length.
I've got a 10 foot regular hose cheaper than getting a climateline for 7 inches.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:41 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
BTW, that slim line tube should sue.
you noticed that too...

comment in chat:slandered… that's not very nice.. I'm not aware of slim line tubes ever offending anyone

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:07 pm

WOW...you have been a busy guy. You registered on this board at 12PM and as of this post 8 hours later you have 32 posts.
Pretty simple answer to your question...The heated hose heats the moisture to your preferred temperature....the slimline does not heat.

SleepingBearDoNtWake

Post by SleepingBearDoNtWake » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:13 am

I love my heated hose, it feels moe sturdy to me,but I like that it helps so much with rain out, that I got with the slim line hose. For me the only con is that it is about 50 dollars I think, but I have had 2 so far,and I get about a year or more out of them. Also, the air seems lighter, I don't know why, it might be in my head, but it feels nicer.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:54 am

SleepingBearDoNtWake wrote:the air seems lighter
There is more space between the molecules.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:39 pm

No reason for the slimline to be denigrated. Works great and is cheaper. I use a slimline most of the time, because I like cool air, but about mid-winter I started getting rainout and switched to the heated tube. Another month or so, I'll go back to the slimline. One thing people hate though is that the brand name slim line hoses are better quality than the off brand substitutions that are sometimes made. With a heated hose, you are guaranteed to get the brand name (and they are very light!). The off brands are stiffer - not a problem for some. It all depends on your hookup. If you travel or move around in bed a lot, you can certainly appreciate the flexibility of the brand name slimline hoses.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

tiredandscared

Post by tiredandscared » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:59 pm

It depends on their supporting application. I use a slimline tube as anything heavier will cause mask leaks from the weight of the tube pulling forward at the mask. A heated hose will help if you experience issues with nasal congestion. All in all they don't differ much except with the properties of total weight and heating exchange.