Some possible benefits one year into therapy

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
EveOett

Some possible benefits one year into therapy

Post by EveOett » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:40 am

I've been at this since February 2015, a little more than a year of CPAP therapy. My sleep apnea is pretty severe. Just wanted to compare notes with some of you. I've had some annual check ups recently and took note of two interesting things:

1. My cholesterol numbers are improved to the point where the doctor recommended I cut my Vytorin dose in half.
2. My eye exam showed improvement in my long distance vision where my prescription went from 4.25 in both eyes to 3.25 in both eyes.

The CPAP has been the biggest change I can think of. I've been noting lots of cognitive improvements including memory, but found some of these physical changes to be unexpected. Just wondering if others have seen this kind of thing, or if it really is related to the CPAP therapy.

Eve
Best, Eve

Mr Nifty

Re: Some possible benefits one year into therapy

Post by Mr Nifty » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:48 am

I have only been on therapy a short time. But I already have lower blood sugar and lower blood pressure. And the fact I am getting a good nights rest.
Sleeping better since 01/13/2016
Masks I have tried
AirFit F10-FFM, AirFit N10-Nasal, Mirage Liberty-Hybrid FFM, Mirage Quattro-FFM, Swift FX Nano-Pillow, Mirage Activa LT-Nasal, ComfortGel Blue-FFM, Amara View -FFM, Pilairo Q -Pillow, Dreamwear -Nasal

EveOett

Re: Some possible benefits one year into therapy

Post by EveOett » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:43 pm

Thanks Mr Nifty: Those are pretty good results already -- great reasons to keep going. I like the Darth Vader thing!
Best, Eve