Most accurate sleep tracker?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DigitalSleeper

Most accurate sleep tracker?

Post by DigitalSleeper » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi all, I've been using my CPAP now for 13 days straight and have been so happy ! The first two nights were rough, but I've been doing superbly well!

Being a data junky, I want to know how good of a rest I am getting. I have some old data from my UP2 band (but it is not working anymore due to failure). Now that I'm in the market to get a good band to track my sleeping and habits, I was wondering if anyone knows a accurate sleep tracker?

LSAT

Re: Most accurate sleep tracker?

Post by LSAT » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:49 pm

SLEEPYHEAD...The free software 90% of us use.....https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:19 pm

LSAT wrote:SLEEPYHEAD...The free software 90% of us use.....https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead
isn't a sleep tracker.

but if the OP doesn't have a brick, will probably show him more data than he ever could imagine.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

sptrout

Post by sptrout » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:34 pm

If you want to try a soon to be released product that does not only tracks sleep, but helps to induce sleep, consider:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... escription

I have no connection with this product other than having two on order at one of the reduced prices. I hope it works!

Mask Make & Model: ResMed, AirFit P10
CPAP Pressure: 6-9
CPAP Reporting Software: OSCAR/Sleepyhead & SleepHQ

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:35 pm

Another vote for Sleepyhead if it's now updated for the Airsense 10.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

sptrout

Post by sptrout » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:17 pm

Sleepyhead is great for tracking apnea and related events (I use it), but in no way does it track sleep quality that is not SA related. To track true sleep quality it requires a tool that monitors brainwaves. The product that I referenced earlier is the first one that I have seen since the death of Zeo that tracks sleep quality, not to mention its main purpose; induce sleep without medications.

Mask Make & Model: ResMed, AirFit P10
CPAP Pressure: 6-9
CPAP Reporting Software: OSCAR/Sleepyhead & SleepHQ

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:31 pm

DigitalSleeper wrote: ... Being a data junky, I want to know how good of a rest I am getting. I have some old data from my UP2 band (but it is not working anymore due to failure). Now that I'm in the market to get a good band to track my sleeping and habits, I was wondering if anyone knows a accurate sleep tracker?
Last year I bought a Microsoft Band to use as a sleep tracker and have been very pleased with the information.
Last month I upgraded to a Band 2 as it has additional functions I found to be useful.

Unlike some of the other trackers, The Microsoft Band and Band2 synchronize with desktop Windows machines, iPhones, Android phones as well as Windows phones. the data is kept in the Microsoft Cloud so it is accessible from any device that can synch with that. BTW, from the desktop, you can download in .CSV format most of the data it collects in case you want to do your own analysis.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

SleepyVegas

Post by SleepyVegas » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:33 pm

I have a garmin vivoactive. very decent about showing movement. I kind of have to visualize a overlay, but I do see a pattern of when I move comparing to events.