Trying One More Time

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ladesignz

Trying One More Time

Post by ladesignz » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:43 pm

Hello All -
that I
It seems like I set up this profile in 2007. 6 years later I got my third machine about actually I got it about 6 months ago and tired it for about a few weeks. I couldnt get more than two hours with it on my face. I hate things on my face. Im a mouth snorer so I pretty much have to a full mask or a nasal mask - the nasal pillows are out.

I am currently in a sitution that learning to use this machine is a life and death matter. , Im just gonna be honest here. Im an alchoholic and I have recently entered a sober living house- Its impertaive I stay here if Im going to stay sober. The problem is that my oommate can't sleep or really anyone on this side of the house. It is mandatory that I use the CPap now to stay here.

The CPap machine and mask listed here it the one I got 6 months ago whenI had mediade - now I have private insurance so I am working on getting all my records transfered so that my new primary can reffereal me to another Doctor to monitor my Cpap Use but that might take a while so for now Im gonna have to use the set up I have.

Im so scared because I know this hasnt worked for me in the past but I can also look it at like I have to be more committed than ever Just wanted to have some support during the process.

Thank you and hugs and blessings

Tina

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Trying One More Time

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:47 pm

Right back at you!
HUG

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:53 pm

Welcome back .... I am not much of a huger ... so I will defer to the frog.
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:47 pm

ladesignz wrote:Hello All -
that I
It seems like I set up this profile in 2007. 6 years later I got my third machine about actually I got it about 6 months ago and tired it for about a few weeks. I couldnt get more than two hours with it on my face. I hate things on my face. Im a mouth snorer so I pretty much have to a full mask or a nasal mask - the nasal pillows are out.

I am currently in a sitution that learning to use this machine is a life and death matter. , Im just gonna be honest here. Im an alchoholic and I have recently entered a sober living house- Its impertaive I stay here if Im going to stay sober. The problem is that my oommate can't sleep or really anyone on this side of the house. It is mandatory that I use the CPap now to stay here.

The CPap machine and mask listed here it the one I got 6 months ago whenI had mediade - now I have private insurance so I am working on getting all my records transfered so that my new primary can reffereal me to another Doctor to monitor my Cpap Use but that might take a while so for now Im gonna have to use the set up I have.

Im so scared because I know this hasnt worked for me in the past but I can also look it at like I have to be more committed than ever Just wanted to have some support during the process.

Tina
Welcome back. Stay with the forum this time and let the members here help you adjust to your machine and congratulations on your decision to stop drinking.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:24 pm

ladesignz wrote:Hello All -
that I

Tina
How brave you are in so many ways! What machine and mask are you currently using? The more info you give us, the more people can help you. You certainly have my support and blessings right back at ya!
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

IDontSnoreISwear

Post by IDontSnoreISwear » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:38 pm

Welcome, Tina!

One of the suggestions I found helpful was to wear the CPAP while awake in order to get used to it. If you can learn to breathe with it while watching TV, listening to the radio or reading (just something restful -- I personally prefer podcasts) then it will be easier to sleep with it on when the time comes.

Good luck!

SleepyVegas

Post by SleepyVegas » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:39 pm

You are taking the right steps. I am not a big hugger myself, but you are here for the right reasons. so internet hug, and you can do it.

robysue

Post by robysue » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:37 pm

ladesignz,

First let me wish you the best of luck on your journey toward sobriety.

The fact that you know you need to stay in the sober living house and that you *want* to stay there should give you some real motivation in making PAP work this time around.

We'll do what we can to help you.

I'll start with this: We need to know what machine you are actually using. Your signature has no machine listed and it has the following image for the humidifier:
This is the humidfier for a very, very old Remstar machine that was discontinued at least 10-15 years ago. I strongly suspect that you have chosen the wrong humidifier because Respironics (now known as Philips Resprionics) used "REMStar" as the name for all their machines for at least a 20 year period.

Since you describe this machine as one that you got about 6 months ago when you had medical insurance, I strongly suspect that the machine you have is a PR System One Series 60 CPAP of some sort. Does the blower unit of your machine look like one of these?

PR System One Series 60 CPAP Plus, Pro, or Auto:

Or the PR System One Series 60 CPAP SE:

If so, your machine won't show up as an icon if you use the pull down menu. Just add it as text to the text part of your signature.

Next, do you know what pressure setting your CPAP is set to? In other words, do you know your prescribed pressure? If you know this, it will help us help you.

Finally you write:
The more you can tell us about your previous problems with CPAP, the better we'll be able to help you.

When you last tried to use a CPAP, do you remember what your largest problem was? What was the main reason you quit the machine?

Michelle-OH

Post by Michelle-OH » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:30 am

Congrats on choosing sobriety and using your cpap! I'm sure you will feel better with each step you make.

CaptainRaven40

Post by CaptainRaven40 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:16 am

Welcome to the forum and congratulations! I am so happy to hear that you are sober. Cpap can work for you and I am believing in you!

ladesignz

Post by ladesignz » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:20 am

Hello All and thank you !

I have added my machine and its posted here in my sig now

Im very motivated and am going to try using it during the day and also try guided medatations before sleep.

Im so grateful for the support and will keep everyone updated. The new power cord will be delievered today so tonight will be my first night.

Thank you and have beautiful day

ladesignz

Post by ladesignz » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:38 am

Its the PR System One Series 60 CPAP SE: but it has an humidifer on it - I keep trying to add it but it doesnt shw up - my number 7 to scale from 4