SleepyHead installing

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dontknowhowtodeal

SleepyHead installing

Post by dontknowhowtodeal » Thu May 05, 2016 9:40 pm

Any help for how to install Sleepyhead? I have a ResMed machine and computer has Windows 10. I am having my first recall visit with my sleep doctor next week. Will she explain things to me?

Diamondminek

Re: SleepyHead installing

Post by Diamondminek » Fri May 06, 2016 3:31 am

I worked my way through pugsys pointers whe i was installing it. Although windows 10 might be different beast! viewtopic/t88983/Pugsys-PointersSleepyH ... Hints.html

As to whether your Dr will explain anything to you... only if you are lucky. It helps to know the right questions to ask, so knowing your data your self will help.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Fri May 06, 2016 6:33 am

Hi Don't,

As Diamond said, you'll be lucky if your Doc explains much.

Follow the link below and get SleepyHead. Windows 10 won't be a problem. Explore the TNET site for how to install SleepyHead and post images and people here will help you interpret them.

Be advised that if your doctor looks at any reports, they will probably be generated by ResScan, a program designed by ResMed for healthcare professionals. It is not very user friendly, but it's available by following the link provided. Your doctor likely will not care to see SleepyHead reports as most are not familiar with them (even though SleepyHead contains the same information as ResScan).

Jay Aitchsee wrote: You can get ResScan by following this link to ApneaBoard. You must register with ApneaBoard. Follow their instructions and a link will be sent by email.

You can get SleepyHead by following this link to TNET Sleep Apnea Information.

dontknowhowtodeal

Post by dontknowhowtodeal » Tue May 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Thanks so much for making it so easy. It has been downloaded I think. I have no idea what to do next. I guess i have to take the card out of the CPAP?

Hopeful50

Post by Hopeful50 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:28 pm

dontknowhowtodeal wrote:Thanks so much for making it so easy. It has been downloaded I think. I have no idea what to do next. I guess i have to take the card out of the CPAP?
Yes, take the card out of the CPAP, push the write-protect tab, and insert it into an SD card reader attached to your computer.

When you boot Sleepyhead, you'll probably have to create a new user profile and then select that new user. Select the "CPAP Importer" option, and Sleepyhead will read the data from the card. You can then view the data in different forms by clicking on either Statistics, Daily, or Overview.

Last but not least: Eject the SD card, unlock it, and put it back in your CPAP machine . . . BEFORE you start checking out all the cool data! (My first time with Sleepyhead, it took me 3 days to realize I hadn't put the SD card back into my machine.)