Still so sleepy even with full use

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DaisySmith

Still so sleepy even with full use

Post by DaisySmith » Wed May 18, 2016 9:17 am

I am on about month number 3 or 4 I believe and while things were better at first Im noticing in the last few weeks I am waking up SO sleepy. I dont know why. I cant ever seem to pass the 6 hour mark but I do keep my mask on all night now. Why am I so tired?

Im getting frustrated that I'm feeling very much like I used to feel without it. I dont show any leaks when I get up so I dont know why things have gone down hill. Anyone else?

BlackSpinner

Re: Still so sleepy even with full use

Post by BlackSpinner » Wed May 18, 2016 9:33 am

You need to post some sleepyhead reports before people can help you very much.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed May 18, 2016 1:18 pm

DaisySmith wrote:I am on about month number 3 or 4 I believe and while things were better at first Im noticing in the last few weeks I am waking up SO sleepy. I dont know why. I cant ever seem to pass the 6 hour mark but I do keep my mask on all night now. Why am I so tired?

Im getting frustrated that I'm feeling very much like I used to feel without it. I dont show any leaks when I get up so I dont know why things have gone down hill. Anyone else?
Could be any number of things.
That's sort of like asking "Why is my car not getting good gas mileage?"
What are all of your settings?
And, yes, it would be better if you could post some reports.

Edit to add:
I just looked at your profile and remembered a thread where we discussed that they apparently stuck you with a non-data-capable machine (aka "brick") and wondered if you were able to get them to give you one that DID collect data?

If you're still using that "brick", you're now understanding why it's so important to have DATA. Without it, a user if "flying blind".
You do mention some things that indicate you MAY have some data to look at, so if your machine IS data-capable, you need to edit your profile and put in the correct one.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Thu May 19, 2016 2:44 pm

DaisySmith wrote:I am on about month number 3 or 4 I believe and while things were better at first Im noticing in the last few weeks I am waking up SO sleepy. I dont know why. I cant ever seem to pass the 6 hour mark but I do keep my mask on all night now. Why am I so tired?

You are not alone. I've been on cpap therapy for over two years now and still wake up exhausted. I've upped the pressure, downed the pressure, EPR on, EPR off, posted oodles of "sleepyhead" screenshots.........still tired.

Mask: Flexifit 407

Dubbayoo

Post by Dubbayoo » Fri May 20, 2016 8:10 am

It took me almost two years and countless masks to get consistent AHI under 5. SwiftFX nano and Remzzzs mask liners finally got me there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Fri May 20, 2016 8:24 am

At one month your body / mind is just getting used to the therapy.

Sleepy/tired is just one symptom of OSA (maybe) and the least important one to your body.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

DaisySmith

Post by DaisySmith » Sat May 21, 2016 6:30 pm

Yep the only data I get is how many hours, how many events and if I leaked. I have been getting an average of 5 hours a night, no leaks, usually around 1.5 events per hour and thats really all I know. They wont give me a different machine so Im screwed there. I will be changing plans when I move though so maybe that will help.

So is it possible to just not be caught up? Ive been sleep deprived for many many years

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat May 21, 2016 6:50 pm

DaisySmith wrote:Yep the only data I get is how many hours, how many events and if I leaked. I have been getting an average of 5 hours a night, no leaks, usually around 1.5 events per hour and thats really all I know. They wont give me a different machine so Im screwed there. I will be changing plans when I move though so maybe that will help.

So is it possible to just not be caught up? Ive been sleep deprived for many many years
OK. Thanks for that updated information.
If that "data" you're getting is fairly accurate, then that's not too bad.
Yes, it can take MONTHS to feel the benefits of this therapy, even when the numbers are good.
And, if you can gradually increase the amount of time you're sleeping, that will help, too. Usually, a minimum of 7 or 7.5 hours of sleep per night helps to pay off that "sleep debt".

Try to hang in there and be patient. It can be a slow process to recover from all those sleep and oxygen deprived years.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05