Of those whove had brain fog.....

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
andy2016

Of those whove had brain fog.....

Post by andy2016 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:39 pm

prior to using CPAP, describe what it felt like please. To me it feels like a pressure in front of my head, feeling of daze, detachment, like in a dream all day long. Is this similar to symptoms of sleep apnea? Thank you!

Additional Comments: Started CPAP therapy June 13, 2016.......Sleep study showed AHI of 67.5. I use sleepyhead software. Pressure setting 11 to 14.5.

Julie

Re: Of those whove had brain fog.....

Post by Julie » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:46 pm

Andy, this is your 3rd post with essentially the same question. How one person experiences brain fog (of all things... it's so vague to begin with) may not be exactly the same as how others experience it - we're not robots, and our physiology is different, as well as our capacity to articulate just what we remember having felt prior to diagnosis and treatment. If you feel you have 'fog' and think it's due to apnea, then get tested (can't remember if you were or not), but this continual asking for a detailed memory of what's called 'fog' for a good reason, in someone's past, is becoming pointless.

We're all different and just because someone expresses one feature of their remembered problem in their words, today, does not mean it's necessarily the same as what you feel or felt, and you're kind of wasting everyone's time, certainly your own. FWIW, I never had fog, or sleepiness, just a.m. headaches (new to me altogether), night sweating and breathing interruption (seen by my husband). You're not going to diagnose yourself based on how a few people on some website remember what fog was like! And what if some were on meds at the time, but have forgotten, and whether or not those affected them (if they were ever aware of it), or on swing shifts, or drank too much, had some clinical depression not related to apnea, etc. etc... chasing shadows.

andy2016

Post by andy2016 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:01 pm

Sorry. Just been going through a difficult stretch. I did get tested and get my results Wednesday.

Additional Comments: Started CPAP therapy June 13, 2016.......Sleep study showed AHI of 67.5. I use sleepyhead software. Pressure setting 11 to 14.5.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:10 pm

Good - we'll wait and see what they say

viking

Post by viking » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:28 pm

Been there Andy its a relief to finally get some answers best of luck

hpm08161947

Post by hpm08161947 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:31 pm

andy2016 wrote:prior to using CPAP, describe what it felt like please. To me it feels like a pressure in front of my head, feeling of daze, detachment, like in a dream all day long. Is this similar to symptoms of sleep apnea? Thank you!
At least from my standpoint, I would say that your description is very close to what I experienced prior to beginning cpap therapy 14 months ago.