100% compliant to CPAP, still tired, can I do something ?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Julie

Re: 100% compliant to CPAP, still tired, can I do something ?

Post by Julie » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:25 am

That's awful... don't know what to tell you... have you inquired about taking Provigil on days like that?

jaw

Post by jaw » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:48 pm

Julie wrote:That's awful... don't know what to tell you... have you inquired about taking Provigil on days like that?
I don't know which days I would be suffering, it is still random to me.

By the way, I change pressure to 9, and for the last 2 lunch times I don't feel sleepy.

Is there a "Pressure increasing effect"? I don't know.

Provigil: i heard from several members here that I should only use that as the last resort.

using PR System One REMstar Pro CPAP Machine with C-Flex Plus, PR System One Heated Humidifier, Mirage FX Nasal CPAP Mask with headgear.

tiredandscared

Post by tiredandscared » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:10 am

jaw wrote:
Julie wrote:That's awful... don't know what to tell you... have you inquired about taking Provigil on days like that?

By the way, I change pressure to 9, and for the last 2 lunch times I don't feel sleepy.

Provigil: i heard from several members here that I should only use that as the last resort.
IMO, you were probably titrated poorly. I say, continue increasing the pressure, each day by increments( 1 point each day) and see whether daytime sleepiness doesn't abate. Also check for leaks. Your machine could be underestimating the apnea.

jaw

Post by jaw » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:36 am

tiredandscared wrote:
jaw wrote:

IMO, you were probably titrated poorly. I say, continue increasing the pressure, each day by increments( 1 point each day) and see whether daytime sleepiness doesn't abate. Also check for leaks. Your machine could be underestimating the apnea.
With 9 cm2 H2O, I already wake up feeling that there's air in my stomach, or my feeling is wrong ?

using PR System One REMstar Pro CPAP Machine with C-Flex Plus, PR System One Heated Humidifier, Mirage FX Nasal CPAP Mask with headgear.

jaw

Post by jaw » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:43 am

Another Monday morning feeling my brain much better than normal. Probably in the weekend I have enough rest ?

- Wake up without alarm at 05:30 (slept only 6.5 --> 7 hours)
- The whole morning "almost" without headache
- Around noon (12:30) without clear sleepiness or brain weirdness.

If that's only about having enough rest, then it's not easy to explain that my brain still feels tired normally around 21h --> 22h Sunday evening.

jaw

Post by jaw » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:24 pm

I guess that people are tired of my complains, when they don't find my symptoms typical.

Me, I am still looking for an answer, not with CPAP but very highly likely with my breathing.

Who could explain this ???

Tiredness is seen

- After working for 1.5 hours
- At around 21:00 everyday, no matter what I have done during the day

But tiredness is not present
- While working with CPAP machine on
- At around 21:00, do something with CPAP machine on: I've only tested with sitting or lying down. Of course my machine has no battery to be able to carry around while walking.

, and my brain is at its best, almost as if I gain 200% of my daily brain, when I walk around outside, thinking about the work while walking (solving the problem, preparing for an interview)

I will have 2 appointments with lung doctor and throat-nose-ear doctor next week.

One user here, a great thanks to him, points out onething: probably my nose is blocked somehow I am not aware of, and he suggests a spray for it. I'll also mention it to my doctors.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:37 pm

Could something in your workplace be causing things? It happens, whether outgassing new carpets (or new carpet cleaning), an A/C problem, chemicals in the atmosphere from ?? You might want to look into it... if you're either allergic to, or intolerant of something there, even if others are not bothered (and are you sure about that?).

jaw

Post by jaw » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:46 pm

Julie wrote:Could something in your workplace be causing things? It happens, whether outgassing new carpets (or new carpet cleaning), an A/C problem, chemicals in the atmosphere from ?? You might want to look into it... if you're either allergic to, or intolerant of something there, even if others are not bothered (and are you sure about that?).
Thanks Julie, but I don't think its due to the workplace, since my brain tiredness around 21:00 is also with my previous house, and the fact that I am tired after working for 1.5 hours is observed at least at 3 working locations: two different building of two different companies at work, and my house.