Travelhose - collaspible hose for travel

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Debroz

Travelhose - collaspible hose for travel

Post by Debroz » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:48 am

Has anyone used or heard of the collapsible hose called "Travelhose". It is a 6 foot hose that collapses down to 10 inches I am attaching a few links for you to see. I would like to get this for my son because he is traveling for 3 weeks, but wanted to know if anyone knows anything about it.

http://www.patientsleepsupplies.com/Tra ... -Hose.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYVwIyyfkwY
This link shows how it works.

Thanks!!

LSAT

Re: Travelhose - collaspible hose for travel

Post by LSAT » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:00 am

Sounds a little like a commercial......but.....useful?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:14 am

LSAT wrote:Sounds a little like a commercial......but.....useful?
Kinda my thoughts...almost hit the spam button but figured I would leave it because someone might actually find a use for that hose and cpap.com doesn't carry it that I am aware of.
Smells kinda spammy to me but since it might actually be useful for someone I decided to leave it alone.

Edit: The price alone would probably make me think that I don't need it though.
At $38 plus probably S&H...I think I can make plenty of room for my regular hose.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:53 pm

Debroz wrote:Has anyone used or heard of the collapsible hose called "Travelhose".
it was a crowdfunding effort a couple years ago.

it failed to meet the goal.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Debroz

Post by Debroz » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:16 pm

They are supposedly selling it on patientsleepsupplies.com. I was actually looking for better prices on cpap wipes and found it on their website. If you spend $50 shipping is free. It makes me wonder if nobody here has really heard about this.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:25 pm

Debroz wrote:They are supposedly selling it on patientsleepsupplies.com. I was actually looking for better prices on cpap wipes and found it on their website. If you spend $50 shipping is free. It makes me wonder if nobody here has really heard about this.
yeah, now you're starting to sound spammy.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:29 pm

In case you weren't aware of it this forum is hosted by cpap.com who is an online retailer of CPAP products just like the business you posted a link to and posting links to competitors online is frowned upon. I let it stand because I don't think cpap.com sells this particular hose product and someone might find that product useful and be willing to pay way too much for it.

Promoting other online retailers is considered spamming and in bad form and will result in all posts being removed.
So if you aren't a mom shopping for your son and are instead someone promoting this particular online seller.....if you continue to push that website...your posts will be removed.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Hose_Head

Post by Hose_Head » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:19 pm

Pugsy wrote:In case you weren't aware of it this forum is hosted by cpap.com who is an online retailer of CPAP products just like the business you posted a link to and posting links to competitors online is frowned upon. ......
What? Since when has this been frowned upon? I've never seen nor heard of such a rule on this forum and the lack of such has, in my opinion, been a breath of fresh air that sets this forum apart from so many others.

And what of the myriad of links to other sources that we so frequently see, including links for used equipment?

Don't get me wrong. I like cpap.com and I truly believe they are an outstanding online retailer deserving of our support. But I've never heard of such support extending to board members frowning-upon those who post link to their competitors. Looked for it in the FAQ and found nothing of the sort.

So what gives?

And to the OP, sorry in advance if this hijacks your thread.
I'm workin' on it.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:25 pm

Hose_Head wrote:
Pugsy wrote:In case you weren't aware of it this forum is hosted by cpap.com who is an online retailer of CPAP products just like the business you posted a link to and posting links to competitors online is frowned upon. ......
What? Since when has this been frowned upon?
I believe it's an issue when people from other businesses come in here and post ads promoting their business... the Goodmans don't like that, and have gone on record.

they do turn a blind eye to established members that recommend other sites, or even sell spares and such, and welcome folks such as padacheek... but when another business comes in and starts posting things... they get cranky.

it's happened with people that had a business of selling cpaps, posting their excess inventory here, and they were asked to stop, etc.

this one looks a bit spammy because of the multiple mentions of the website and the product, from a brand new user... it may not be, but it looks a bit that way.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:41 pm

Hose_Head wrote: So what gives?
Spamming is prohibited. That's nothing new at all. That includes people from other websites who come here posting comments and links to their cpap websites in an attempt to not have their posts flagged as spam and thus removed.
Like when someone joins the forum and their very first post touts something they found on other cpap website and they slip the link in.
I call it sneaky spam.

I have chatted with Carolyn about "sneaky spam" and for the most part I get the impression that they are not hard nosed about it as long as there might be something worthwhile in what was posted but sometimes she agrees with me and the new member gets a private message from Carolyn and the post gets removed.

It's not prohibited for us to talk about getting something at another cpap supplier website or even provide links but it's another thing for someone to come here with the only intent being to promote the other website or product. We talk about used machines and provide links and sell our used machines...but cpap.com doesn't sell used machines. I think they realize that there's a need for such items and they let us do that and won't give us any grief but I do know that when someone comes here and all they do is list what they have for sale and use the forum as their own personal classified ads and post repeatedly and continually bumping their list of equipment that they will get a private message explaining that it isn't allowed here.

In the case of this thread...I don't know if the OP works for that website or has a hand in that particular hose and is promoting it but notice how they snuck in the "shipping is free with orders over $50" ...there was no need for that unless someone is promoting the website but I really doubt that this person was a mom shopping for her son.
I have seen some really creative sneaky spam. It happens all the time. I just couldn't make up my mind for sure about this one so I didn't hit the spam button immediately. I have sent Carolyn a little note to see what she thinks and let her decide. It's what I have done in the past when I was sort of on the fence about where a post falls in terms of being spammy.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:46 pm

. . . Fence . . . Post.
Is it OK to giggle now?
A clever idea, but that much money for a non-heated hose? Nope.

cant_sleep_in_nj

Post by cant_sleep_in_nj » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:07 am

i travel weekly for biz, while this makes some sense, the hose is least of my issue when traveling with a cpap. i dont see the need personally

library lady

Post by library lady » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:20 am

I don't see the need for this either, and I agree, it does look spammy. When I travel, my hose fits nicely into the case that came with the equipment. I had a problem the first time I flew with it when the case had to be opened for security and the hose fell out of the open-ended pocket but solved that problem with safety pins.

Now using AirFit F10 mask; Quattro Air is backup mask. RemZzzz mask liners with both.

Hose_Head

Post by Hose_Head » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:27 am

OK. I get it. Spamming is prohibited and it's not nice when competitors come on the forum to try to sell their wares in direct competition with cpap.com. Those policies are long standing and understood.

What I was reacting to was Pugsy's blanket statement that "...posting links to competitors online is frowned upon". Many of us do this from time to time (especially those of us who do not live in the USA and for one reason or another are unable to order from cpap.com) and Pugsy's statement clearly suggested that we are in violation of the rules for the forum.

From the explanations provided (thanks Pugsy and palerider), it appears that Pugsy's point was somewhat overstated i.e. to quote palerider:
palerider wrote: I believe it's an issue when people from other businesses come in here and post ads promoting their business... the Goodmans don't like that, and have gone on record.

they do turn a blind eye to established members that recommend other sites, or even sell spares and such, and welcome folks such as padacheek... but when another business comes in and starts posting things... they get cranky. ...
Palerider's post is consistent of MY understanding of the rules. Cpap.com is tolerant of users of the forum who provide links to competitors to cpap.com so long as the line of spamming is not crossed. And clearly, spam is not welcome.

It would be great if the Goodmans could provide a written policy on the forum as a guide to new and old users, alike. I'm sure they've already done so through a myriad of posts to the forum over the years. The problem is that those posts get lost in the thousands of posts that are made. A link at the top would be great.

Re the OP's post about a collapsible hose for travel: Who knows if this is spam. From the replies it got, it appears not to be very popular, anyway. Maybe the Goodmans can look into it and if it's a decent product, add it to their catalogue.
I'm workin' on it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:30 pm

The comment about "posting so and so being frowned upon" was really directed at the OP in this thread and wasn't meant to be a blanket statement directed at anyone else.
Plus I really didn't want to go down the slippery slope that it was okay for me, or other forum members, to do it and not the OP.

I did mean it to sound stern but it was only for the OP's benefit. It was not meant to warn established members or chastise anyone else. I think that Carolyn and Johnny know that when we do it..it is meant to directly help someone and not to give the other website free advertising...and there's the big difference between doing that and sneaky spam.