CPAP.Com selling PRS! 60 Series Auto at $314

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sleeprider

Re: CPAP.Com selling PRS! 60 Series Auto at $314

Post by Sleeprider » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:31 am

An amazing deal, and I hope it helps out some people that have high deductible or no insurance.

Prescriptions should be good for life. If you have ever been prescribed CPAP, you can get the prescription from your doctor by request (hopefully), or if necessary by invoking HIPAA which requires your doctor to provide your records. Whether he think it is expired or not, a prescription copy will still be honored by CPAP.com. If all else fails, pay your dentist to write one.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:24 pm

Sleeprider wrote: Whether he think it is expired or not, a prescription copy will still be honored by CPAP.com.
Are you sure this is true? If it is, that's a really neat thing and worth noting. Hmmm, if your Rx is expired and you want to submit it to some place other than CPAP.com and you're allowed to submit a copy, how about a little Photoshopping to take out the expired date <just kidding, of course>

Last edited by Sir NoddinOff on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

SleepyStar

Post by SleepyStar » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:27 pm

SewTired wrote:
SleepyStar wrote:Arrrrrrrgh I am waiting for my repeat study, I would buy that for a backup in a heartbeat if I had a current script!
Call your doctor's office and tell them that you have an opportunity to get a very low cost top-of-the-line machine, but you need some kind of prescription for it. Really impress upon them that cost is a huge factor for you.
Well, I am going for a retest in like a couple of weeks (only reason the wait is as long as it is is because I just had a foot procedure done and they want me out of the scheduled healing time) and I don't know if they are going to shift my machine requirements around because of my sleep architecture being utterly wrecked despite good sleep hygiene. Again. And tons of nights with 0 AHI. If they want me moving to a bi-level or something to have a bigger EPR gap or something I don't want to buy a second apap just to have to turn around and buy something that is $$$$$. Mine is 2 years old and I keep it hooked up to a computer line conditioner/battery backup now so I am not really worried. Just bad luck on the timing is all haha. But dang people, that is a machine to snag if you can!

I am trying to find my last sleep doctor so we can get my sleep study records though. It seems he moved.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:44 pm

Any Doctor, Dentist, PA...

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:23 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:
Sleeprider wrote: Whether he think it is expired or not, a prescription copy will still be honored by CPAP.com.
Are you sure this is true? If it is, that's a really neat thing and worth noting. Hmmm, if your Rx is expired and you want to submit it to some place other than CPAP.com and you're allowed to submit a copy, how about a little Photoshopping to take out the expired date <just kidding, of course>
The prescription I have on file with CPAP.com is from 2008. I have had prescriptions since then, and so I suppose the old one is at least outdated. I can order pretty much anything I want without questions. I think as long as they have a record that satisfies they are complying with regulations for dispensing prescription CPAP items, they don't worry about it. The scanned copy of my old hand-written prescription is barely legible and has no expiration date. I just don't think the standard is that high as long as you give them what you need.

Holden4th

Post by Holden4th » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:05 am

This is too big a bargain to pass up. However, they won't ship the Respironics to Australia, only to a US address. Is anyone here prepared to help me by letting me ship it to your address and then you ship it to me. Will pay all shipping in advance. Please PM me if you can assist.

egzbuen

Post by egzbuen » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:36 am

Got a brand new unit from cpap.com just the other day.

This will be my backup but second 560BT model.

It's on black Friday sale.

Sent from Nokia 3210