It seems I will finally be getting a CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: It seems I will finally be getting a CPAP

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:14 am

Sometimes it is that easy; and it should be.
Every time.
You need to be able to identify the machine model, and view the run hours,
BEFORE walking out the door with anything.
Do not accept a "brick". Or a used machine.

tiredandscared

Post by tiredandscared » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:19 am

Hey man, I wonder what happened to you. I looked at the sleep report, it's not that different from my own stats. While it's not bad, it's not optimal either. And yes that ambien seems to have worsened your sleep apnea quite a bit, your ahi is probably a little less. Other than that, i have nothing else to add. Except I wish you a speedy recovery.

pettyfan45

Post by pettyfan45 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:58 pm

tiredandscared wrote:Hey man, I wonder what happened to you. I looked at the sleep report, it's not that different from my own stats. While it's not bad, it's not optimal either. And yes that ambien seems to have worsened your sleep apnea quite a bit, your ahi is probably a little less. Other than that, i have nothing else to add. Except I wish you a speedy recovery.
I don't think the ambien made my worse as much as it mode me sleep better so they where able to record more. My sleeps doctor thinks it is possible the centrals I had might have been from the ambien, but he said they could also be from my Cerebral Palsy. My sleep doctor did prescribe me another ambien but to not take it unless I am feeling really nervous about the study when I get there or if I can't fall asleep in the first hour if don't take and still have centrals then it most like from my CP if I have no centrals then it was from the ambien. Worst case I have to the ambien and it is the cause of my centrals and they put me on BIPAP machine even though I don't really "need" one (my insurance will cover it all the same)

pettyfan45

Post by pettyfan45 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:58 am

So I had my titration last night. Being CPAP feels weird (not bad but weird). I did take the ambien but I only got 4 hours of sleep, the sleep tech said she got some good data but it is up to my sleep doctor to see if that is enough to prescribe me a CPAP (though if it is not then there should be enough time to have another study before my follow up in mid September) I will try and put up the sleep report when I get it.

pettyfan45

Post by pettyfan45 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:58 pm

So I got in to see the sleep doctor on Monday instead of waiting till mid September (yay cancellation lists ) and he will be prescribing me an APAP machine. I do not know what the pressure will be (the nurse who did my paper work forgot to hand me my prescription, but they are mailing it to me). Now I am just waiting for the DME to contact me so I can get my machine and hopefully start felling better. Here is the report from my titration study if anyone is interested https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByePr ... 0RVNkZBajg (they only put up the one page summery on the online thing I can look at my medical records though).

pettyfan45

Post by pettyfan45 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:03 pm

I got my machine today. A Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet with the Climateline Air heated tube and F&p Simplus mask(it seems I have an odd shaped nose and the Simplus was the only thing they had in stock that fit). The doctor had set for 5-20 but with a note to see him after 30 days and we will about narrowing the pressure range.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:37 pm

pettyfan45 wrote:I got my machine today. A Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet with the Climateline Air heated tube and F&p Simplus mask(it seems I have an odd shaped nose and the Simplus was the only thing they had in stock that fit). The doctor had set for 5-20 but with a note to see him after 30 days and we will about narrowing the pressure range.
Great machine, you can download the clinical software and change the clinical settings by yourself if you like, enjoy your weekend.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:30 pm

pettyfan45 wrote: The doctor had set for 5-20 but with a note to see him after 30 days and we will about narrowing the pressure range.
wow, why even do a titration when doctors are going to be ignorant asses and send the machines out at factory (or very nearly) defaults anyway?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

pettyfan45

Post by pettyfan45 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:50 pm

palerider wrote:
pettyfan45 wrote: The doctor had set for 5-20 but with a note to see him after 30 days and we will about narrowing the pressure range.
wow, why even do a titration when doctors are going to be ignorant asses and send the machines out at factory (or very nearly) defaults anyway?
I think that was mainly for insurance to show them that CPAP can control my apnea and I didn't throw the mask off all night. But yeah, I have no clue why they didn't set to like 8-20 or something like that. I might talk to the DEM about upping on Monday (I know I can it myself but seeing how this is in the name of finding a more accurate range I don't really want to mess with stuff on my own yet)

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:14 pm

pettyfan45 wrote:
palerider wrote:
I think that was mainly for insurance to show them that CPAP can control my apnea and I didn't throw the mask off all night. But yeah, I have no clue why they didn't set to like 8-20 or something like that. I might talk to the DEM about upping on Monday (I know I can it myself but seeing how this is in the name of finding a more accurate range I don't really want to mess with stuff on my own yet)
there's no excuse for leaving a crap setting for a month, none at all.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

tiredandscared

Post by tiredandscared » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:05 pm

If the pressure needed is low. It doesn't matter as much. It only matters if the pressure needs are much higher than the lower range.