how to purchase new auto cpap without Rx on cpap.com?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
crappyman

how to purchase new auto cpap without Rx on cpap.com?

Post by crappyman » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:54 pm

I only have a medical certificate saying that I am suspected of having sleep apnea but i don't have the prescription because I could not finish the sleep study successfully. Redoing it will just be wasting money as I know I will fail again because I am always too nervous to fail.

Besides, I have been renting an auto cpap from a local vendor and I have achieved good results with it but the vendor sells it for much higher price than online, nearly a double.

I don't wanna buy used cpap and accessories from random websites. I wanna buy them off from reputable websites that come with manufacturer's warranty.

Is there anythings I can do to purchase online successfully?

palerider

Re: how to purchase new auto cpap without Rx on cpap.com?

Post by palerider » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:59 pm

crappyman wrote:I only have a medical certificate saying that I am suspected of having sleep apnea but i don't have the prescription because I could not finish the sleep study successfully. Redoing it will just be wasting money as I know I will fail again because I am always too nervous to fail.

Besides, I have been renting an auto cpap from a local vendor and I have achieved good results with it but the vendor sells it for much higher price than online, nearly a double.

I don't wanna buy used cpap and accessories from random websites. I wanna buy them off from reputable websites that come with manufacturer's warranty.

Is there anythings I can do to purchase online successfully?
in answer to the questions in the title, "you can't".

you can buy a machine, at a heavy discount, from a fellow member, or on craigslist.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:04 am

About the only place that I know of to get a new machine without a prescription is from some sellers on Amazon. Do a search there. CPAP machines are not allowed on ebay.

But there is nothing wrong with used machines and many have very little use on them. One of the best places to find used machines without a prescription is right here on the forum from long-term posters.

The only other place without a prescription is craigslist, but you have to be patient, lucky, and know what you are doing - almost all machines listed there are way overpriced. Once in a while, new or hardly used machines are listed there.

People do get machines and do the titration themselves, but you have to be careful to get a good, auto cpap that is supported by the free sleepyhead software. Otherwise, you are flying blind.

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:32 am

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:40 am

Gasper62 wrote:This is a really good deal IMO. ~~ https://smile.amazon.com/Respironics-dx ... ap+machine
I'm a bit wary of the fact it says "part number DS560TS" .... though that's a fairly good price for a 560...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:10 am

Have you talked with your doctor about writing a prescription using the loaner results as a basis? There's nothing that prevents him, or any doctor/dentist, from writing one for you. Without a diagnosis of sleep apnea from a sleep study you may not qualify for insurance, but that's really a separate issue.
crappyman wrote:I only have a medical certificate
Are you sure you don't already have a letter of Medical Necessity? That's all you need. If not, copy the one from the link and take it to your doctor.

Or, upload your certificate to cpap.com and see what they say.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:01 pm

Good point, Jay.

Perchas

Post by Perchas » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:03 pm

Gasper62 wrote:This is a really good deal IMO. ~~ https://smile.amazon.com/Respironics-dx ... ap+machine
Thanks Gasper62, invaluable information you have provided, I bought one, it seems to be one of the best at a great price, especially for travel.

The CPAP will make the first trip, Phoenix, New York, Paris and Madrid,

"Anyone can get angry - all have the ability to do it. But that's easy to be angry with the right person at the right intensity at the right time, for the right reason and right way . that's not easy .Aristóteles on Ethics to Nicodemus"

PEF

Post by PEF » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:08 am

I am really confused by this listing on Amazon. I looked at the Manufacture's page. Is this machine a Dreamstation or a 560? The picture looks like a Dreamstation, but the part number for Dreamstation is DSX500t11. The part number in the Amazon ad is DS560TS. Does anyone know which machine this is?

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:24 am

The listing clearly states it is a dreamstation. It references a "former" model 560 to catch people only searching for the 560.

If you have questions about a item for sale, you should ask the seller.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:22 am

Krelvin wrote:The listing clearly states it is a dreamstation. It references a "former" model 560 to catch people only searching for the 560.
yes, it references it, but it also has the 560 listed as the part number in the specs for the listing, not just in the description.

maybe they took an old listing and changed part of it, maybe they're using the wrong pic, maybe they're being shady... I dunno.

Perchas

Post by Perchas » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:44 am

PEF wrote:I am really confused by this listing on Amazon. I looked at the Manufacture's page. Is this machine a Dreamstation or a 560? The picture looks like a Dreamstation, but the part number for Dreamstation is DSX500t11. The part number in the Amazon ad is DS560TS. Does anyone know which machine this is?

Product Description
NEW - DREAMSTATION AUTO CPAP DSX500T11 Complete. Ships Same Day!

in almost all the answers to the customers confirm that is the model DSX500T11

Note the third line, there is clearly expressed that includes this model.

"Anyone can get angry - all have the ability to do it. But that's easy to be angry with the right person at the right intensity at the right time, for the right reason and right way . that's not easy .Aristóteles on Ethics to Nicodemus"

PEF

Post by PEF » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:02 pm

OK, I am feeling pretty confident this is a Dreamstation. I read and re-read the listing and read the buyers comments. I have found in the past that sellers don't always know what it is they are selling or just don't get back in a timely manner.

Further down in the listing, it does give the correct part number and verifies it is a new Dreamstation, although the "DS560TS keep popping up. The buyer reviews pretty much confirm it is a Dreamstation. Although, apparently there was an incorrect picture posted in the listing previously.

Thanks to everyone for the help figuring this out. I would trust the knowledge of the people on this site more than I would trust the seller knowing what this really is.

Anyway, I am excited, never thought I would get one in my price range. Heck, that is a good price even for a 560! I ordered one. I am traveling to the US next week to visit my brother and do not want to take my Resmed S9 (which I just LOVE - hope I like the Dreamstation as much). I did not want anything to happen to it, it is the only machine I have. Had been looking for travel PAP - time was running short. So I am having this shipped to my brother's house and I will only need to take it home on the plane. Also saved shipping and customs to Panama. It seems this is my lucky day.

I also ordered the headbands Jay suggested.

Thanks, perchas, for checking this also and posting the part numbers. I wrote the above before I saw your last post!

Thanks a million, gasper62 for the link!! I am forever grateful.

Perchas

Post by Perchas » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:08 pm

PEF wrote:OK, ........................
Thanks, perchas, for checking this also and posting the part numbers. I wrote the above before I saw your last post!

Thanks a million, gasper62 for the link!! I am forever grateful.
Great and small accessory for traveling

PEF

Post by PEF » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:46 pm

Thanks, perchas!! It looks fabulous.