Should Trump Jump Up?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Should Trump Drop Out

Yes
37%
No
56%
What is Trump?
6%

Total votes: 158

The Choker

Should Trump Jump Up?

Post by The Choker » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:32 am

Yes! Today!

(If he drops out, the committee has the power to nominate someone else.)

As Johnny would say, "Play, but play nice."
Last edited by The Choker on Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
T.C.

Julie

Re: Should Trump Drop Out

Post by Julie » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:40 am

Yes, unless you'd like to be headed by a truly deranged person.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:54 pm

No need to vote, already know the Poll Locks outcome. Too many Liberals, Socialests, and a few Communists, live on this forum. (AND IN THE U.S.A.).

Nice try a baiting the Sheeples, you don't work in the news industry on the side do you! Jim

This may become the most popular Poll over the years, long after the (Election?) Is dead and gone.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:55 pm

Embarrassment for the USA. <cringe, while praying for a miracle>

Pence is a more viable candidate while being less nutty... and safer to the party. However, a BIG however, if Trump drops out Pence has to run with all the others challengers to vie for the nomination - all start from fresh IOW at a new convention. Check Rule 9 RNC playbook. It all has to be resolved by mid Sept or the RNC won't have time to get on the ballots of many critical states.

https://cdn.gop.com/docs/2012_RULES_Adopted.pdf

Write in Trump on your ballot: Not going to happen. It's all about the electorial college, state by state rules are created by individual state voter boards, they vary greatly... as I recall, for example, nine states do not allow ANY write in votes. Also the voting regulations (again created by the individual state voter boards) require any potential candidates to file paperwork representing intent and those applications must be approved, hence back to the voter boards. Naturally most states make it difficult because in our basically TWO party system, party affiliated politicos like to keep control of the electorate. Sorry, but that's the way it is... even if it's not fair.

Last edited by Sir NoddinOff on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:49 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote: However, a BIG however, if Trump drops out Pence has to run with all the others challengers to vie for the nomination - all start from fresh IOW at a new convention. Check Rule 9 RNC playbook.
You have misinterpreted Rule 9. The National Committee has the option to recall the National Convention. But, the National Committee can fill the position themselves. At this late date, they would surely fill the position themselves and not recall the Convention.

But, in my estimation, Trump is too arrogant to drop out.

Trump has ruined his reputation for life, and he has ruined the political future of all of his kids.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:00 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Sir NoddinOff wrote: However, a BIG however, if Trump drops out Pence has to run with all the others challengers to vie for the nomination - all start from fresh IOW at a new convention. Check Rule 9 RNC playbook.
You have misinterpreted Rule 9. The National Committee has the option to recall the National Convention. But, the National Committee can fill the position themselves. At this late date, they would surely fill the position themselves and not recall the Convention.

But, in my estimation, Trump is too arrogant to drop out.

Trump has ruined his reputation for life, and he has ruined the political future of all of his kids.
True as far as rule 9 goes according to the exact text, this is all complicated by getting delegate releases very quickly. My interpretation is that rapidly assembling a new convention, (a barrel-head convention, so to speak) would be the far better option for the GOP - especially considering how volatile the Trump camp is. Put another way, if the RNC arbitrarily appoints a new candidate, I fear that would cause a breach in the party that may be impossible to repair (obviously the death of a candidate would be an exception, thus requiring a new appointed nominee). Oh well, it appears time is running out, no matter what the GOP does.

Last edited by Sir NoddinOff on Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote: if the RNC arbitrarily appoints a new candidate
It would not be arbitrary. Maybe you just chose the wrong word.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:16 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Sir NoddinOff wrote: if the RNC arbitrarily appoints a new candidate
It would not be arbitrary. Maybe you just chose the wrong word.
Ummm... I don't know. If the RNC picks a new nominee then it is sort of arbitrary:

[ahr-bi-trer-ee]
adjective
subject to individual will or judgment without restriction; contingent solely upon one's discretion:
an arbitrary decision.
decided by a judge or arbiter rather than by a law or statute.
having unlimited power; uncontrolled or unrestricted by law; despotic; tyrannical:
an arbitrary government.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:23 pm

It requires a majority vote by Committee members from all 50 states. Hardly arbitrary.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:44 pm

"Should Trump Drop Out" ... you gotta be kidding, Trump would NEVER admit he has done something wrong or ADMIT DEFEAT!!! His ego would never allow it
Good luck to all the American voters, I don't envy you one bit.... We have out own idiot supposedly leading our country, all he ever does is take selfies of himself and give out cash to those that he is trying to impress.
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:48 pm

I'm Conservative and originally I thought I would support the candidate whoever it was.....not any more... Trump will go from "The Apprentice" ..to.."The Biggest Looser". (I will not support HRC)

avi123

Post by avi123 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:58 pm

There is another option, Obama could order the national guards to block voting entrance to those who don't display Hillary's banner:

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:03 pm

I had a strange thought today. IF he somehow wins (I really cannot believe this is possible, but somehow here he is, the RNC's presidential candidate!), he may finally unite both sides of the aisle--as they gang up to stop this crazy lunatic.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

avi123

Post by avi123 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:09 pm

rozenbob

Post by rozenbob » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:16 pm

Only if Hillary goes to JAIL (along with Jane Fonda)