question re: purchasing used ASV

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
beautifuldreamer

question re: purchasing used ASV

Post by beautifuldreamer » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:31 pm

Hi there all-

I am considering purchasing a used ASV, that is in a smoke free, but the owner has cats, and I am extremely allergic to cat danders - and was wondering if you know if i could pay either the DME or local sleep clinic to do a deep clean/sanitize of the unit? this will be my back up unit for the just in case scenarios . . .

Thank you very much
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset
Mask: Bleep

springman946

Re: question re: purchasing used ASV

Post by springman946 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:55 pm

you can get purches a used ASV unit and you can also buy the soclean cleaning system it uses a gas called ozone to clean the whole cpapmachine in an hour then you should let it sit after the cleaning cycle is completed your suppose to leave the unit for 2 hours so the ozone gas can cear from inside the unit because ozone gas os bad for you for more information go to soclean.com

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:30 pm

springman946 wrote:you can get purches a used ASV unit and you can also buy the soclean cleaning system it uses a gas called ozone to clean the whole cpapmachine in an hour then you should let it sit after the cleaning cycle is completed your suppose to leave the unit for 2 hours so the ozone gas can cear from inside the unit because ozone gas os bad for you for more information go to soclean.com
soclean is garbage, it doesn't "clean" anything, and wouldn't affect cat dander, since there's nothing to kill there.

also, ozone is bad for a number of the components inside the cpap, which is why the noclean crap only circulates through the humidifier, not the cpap itself.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:40 pm

Go to secondwindcpap.com and buy a good, used, clean ASV with a warranty ....maybe cheaper than the used ASV you were going to purchase plus the expense of the "useless" So Clean.

beautifuldreamer

Post by beautifuldreamer » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:44 am

Thanks for the feedback-
now, I am wondering if I really require a backup ASV - i had a backup auto bipap that I had Zero use prior to getting my new ASV . . . seems like a lot of trouble trying to get a used one cleaned and sanitized . . .

Do you think the sleep lab/clinic or DME might clean the used ASV for me if I asked? just curious.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:10 pm

Doubtful, because their objective is to sell an overpriced unit, not save you money. {{{OR YOUR LIFE}}}
You can however, contact acbio, forum member, or his company Accurate Biomed.
AFAIK, he is not like the sleazebuckets we usually find locally.

beautifuldreamer

Post by beautifuldreamer » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:24 pm

Update:
Today, I found a non-profit organization in my local area, that is willing to clean the unit for a $15 dollar donation to their organization

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:55 pm

Cool! Thank you for the information.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:13 pm

beautifuldreamer wrote:Thanks for the feedback-
now, I am wondering if I really require a backup ASV - i had a backup auto bipap that I had Zero use prior to getting my new ASV . . . seems like a lot of trouble trying to get a used one cleaned and sanitized . . .

Do you think the sleep lab/clinic or DME might clean the used ASV for me if I asked? just curious.
I know nothing about the need for or the efficacy of ASV. However, I found an article that would lead me to question more before moving forward. Check out: http://www.aastweb.org/blog/what-is-asv for more information.