Questions about REMstar Pro C-Flex +

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Ladyskets

Questions about REMstar Pro C-Flex +

Post by Ladyskets » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:27 pm

I've just been given a practically brand new REMstar Pro C-Flex + machine from a family member who doesn't want it. This will maybe replace my 7 year old Mseries APAP brick. I've read the user manual and printed a copy of the provider manual off the internet. The first thing I'm gonna do is remove the modem. I don't need big brother watching over me. My questions=
1. Can a non-Respironics mask be used with the machine? The manual says to use Respironics masks with it. I prefer a Fisher Paykal mask and will not change. It took six different masks before I found one that I liked.
2. It also mentions and shows how to connect the heated tubing. When I look at the place to connect the tubing on the humidifier, it's smooth. There isn't any latch mechanism for heated tubing. Are only certain machines able to use heated tubing?
3. Can regular CPAP tubing be used or does it have to be Respironics brand tubing?
4. Have any of you gone from APAP to CPAP? Was it difficult? What was the good/bad from it?
Thanks

palerider

Re: Questions about REMstar Pro C-Flex +

Post by palerider » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:37 pm

Ladyskets wrote:1. Can a non-Respironics mask be used with the machine?
2. It also mentions and shows how to connect the heated tubing.
3. Can regular CPAP tubing be used or does it have to be Respironics brand tubing?
4. Have any of you gone from APAP to CPAP? Was it difficult? What was the good/bad from it?
Thanks
1) yes
2) what machine do you have? what's the REF number on the bottom.
3) most any brand, you can't use another brands heated hose though.
4) some people swear by the change, some swear at it.

Last edited by palerider on Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:40 pm

Just about any hose or mask can be used with any other unless there's something very unusual about either, which is almost never seen. Of course Respironics will say you should use their brand though! Any hose will do as long as it's about the same diameter and the ends match up.
Going to Cpap from Apap? It happens, and shouldn't be a problem... but do you know what setting you'll use? Have you used any software etc. to know at what level your pressure tends to sit for most of the night?

I can't answer you about the heated hose, but I'm sure someone else will be able to.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:42 pm

1. You can use any mask you wish with the machine. All the mask makers want to push their masks but the reality is that all masks will work with all machines.

2. Some machines are heated hose capable and some are not. Sometimes the manuals just sort of combined machines. If your machine is model 450 then it is never going to be able to have a heated hose but if it is a 460 model it is heated hose capable with a little adapter kit added. Model numbers are on the bottom of the blower unit.

3. You can use any hose you wish and no, it does not have to be Respironics brand.

4. Many people have gone from apap to cpap for any number of reasons and had great success.
The only real potential negative when going from apap to cpap is that if you happen to need a substantial pressure difference at some times during the night and not so much the other times then you may either be under treated during those times or have to use a lot more pressure all night.
Not everyone sees a substantial difference pressure needs so maybe it won't even be a factor for you.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

egzbuen

Post by egzbuen » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:45 pm

For the last 2 months I've been using my Remstar 560, I've tried and used 3 different masks from 3 different brands. I'm now back to Philips' Wisp.

I've also used interchangeably the hose from Philips and the one I got from APEX. Philips for home use and Apex hose for traveling. No particular reason for it though.

Yes, you can use any brand of hosing and mask.

Sent from heaven

Ladyskets

Post by Ladyskets » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:13 pm

Thanks for the advice. My old APAP gives me a 7 and 30 day average for pressure. My average has been pretty steady for a very long time. This new machine has a 30 day Auto trial mode which is APAP to figure out your pressure. Then it goes to a CPAP-check mode to tweak it a bit more and then it finishes with the straight CPAP mode with your final pressure. It seems pretty smart. I'll have to give it a try.

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:45 am

If you can't get a heated hose compatible with your machine, you can buy this one http://www.sleepzone.com.au/our-products/ and it will work with any machine. I have it and it works great.