Most negative forum.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Most negative forum.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:17 am

Sonnyboy wrote:This is a great forum and what makes it so are members like Julie, Chunkyfrog, and Palerider giving so much of their time providing useful information to members looking for answers. Variety is the spice of life and I guess for me this forum is like a variety show at times which keeps me coming back, Cpap is never boring here. I enjoy the many different personalities here but mostly those who talk straight, with a good sense of humor, and of course provide correct information. Lighten up.
Thank you for including me in such exalted company. I would add a few more, especially Pugsy.
The folks on this forum were very supportive for me in my "OT: defective frog" thread.
This is a great group of people, I will be forever grateful.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:41 am

chunkyfrog wrote:
Sonnyboy wrote:This is a great forum and what makes it so are members like Julie, Chunkyfrog, and Palerider giving so much of their time providing useful information to members looking for answers. Variety is the spice of life and I guess for me this forum is like a variety show at times which keeps me coming back, Cpap is never boring here. I enjoy the many different personalities here but mostly those who talk straight, with a good sense of humor, and of course provide correct information. Lighten up.
Thank you for including me in such exalted company. I would add a few more, especially Pugsy.
The folks on this forum were very supportive for me in my "OT: defective frog" thread.
This is a great group of people, I will be forever grateful.
there are a lot of knowledgeable people here. people who bring expertise and analytical skills to problems, people that contribute in unexpected ways (like cap'n loki, I don't think he's said much about cpap therapy, but is a wiz at alternate power for whatever, cpap included (note to Cap'n, I pointed a friend in your direction, she's wanting to get into solar for the travel trailer she's renovating))

I know if I started listing people, I'd make an incomplete list, and inadvertently slight people that were absolutely deserving to be on the list, but I think it's pretty obvious, those people that step up with helpful, accurate, insightful answers to questions posed. (and, no, D.H. I'm not talking about you, and your ilk.)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:45 am

chunkyfrog wrote:Thank you for including me in such exalted company.
You're finished.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:49 am

I know it sounds horrible; but that looks delicious.
Oh, Granny, what have you done to me?

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:50 am

chunkyfrog wrote:I know it sounds horrible; but that looks delicious.
Oh, Granny, what have you done to me?
granny's on a 'traumatize chunky' kick lately, isn't she?

first the school dissection memories, now this....

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:00 am

Good Morning,

Frog Legs for breakfast
Donuts please

Absolutely Pugsy, and the list goes on---Wulfman, Kteague, Jay Aitchsee, Janknitz, Blackspinner, Goofproof, Chicagogranny……..
You all compliment each other in a good way to create a great forum!

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:41 am

That anyone would even think about adding Pugsy's name in with your "group" is an absolute JOKE! (The 'original' group -- not the names included in Sonnyboy's post.

1. Pugsy is more knowledgeable than all of you put together.

2. Pugsy gives freely of herself without talking down to anyone.

3. Pugsy doesn't pretend to be better than anyone.

4. Pugsy posts because she genuinely wants people to succeed with this therapy; not because she wants to get her post count up -- notice she never mentioned a word when her posts got to 20,000 or 30,000.

5. Pugsy doesn't post inane garbage that makes no sense whatsoever.

I'll stop now... but only because I know she doesn't like accolades, which is exactly why she is such a gem.
Last edited by Lucyhere on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:48 am

A HUGE Windbag wrote:That anyone would even think about adding Pugsy's name in with your "group" is an absolute JOKE!

1. Pugsy is more knowledgeable than all of you put together.

2. Pugsy gives freely of herself without talking down to anyone.

3. Pugsy doesn't pretend to be better than anyone.

4. Pugsy posts because she genuinely wants people to succeed with this therapy; not because she wants to get her post count up -- notice she never mentioned a word when her posts got to 20,000 or 30,000.

5. Pugsy doesn't post inane garbage that makes no sense whatsoever.

I'll stop now... but only because I know she doesn't like accolades, which is exactly why she is such a gem.
too bad you have none of her good qualities.

Last edited by palerider on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:50 am

Lucyhere wrote:That anyone would even think about adding Pugsy's name in with your "group" is an absolute JOKE!
And note that you are not there either. That bites, doesn't it! People don't like you phoney empathy and trolling.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:52 am

BlackSpinner wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:That anyone would even think about adding Pugsy's name in with your "group" is an absolute JOKE!
And note that you are not there either. That bites, doesn't it! People don't like you phoney empathy and trolling.
Bites???
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

jtravel

Post by jtravel » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:32 pm

I had no idea who CpapGuy was or his blog. His post made me interested enough to make me search out his blog and check it out.
I have not read it yet but will give it a checkout latter when I have time.
This Board does have a Host of charters and some can be abrasive from time to time.
You just need to learn to take the good with the bad and a grow a tough skin.
You can add those you feel are idiots on your foe list so you don't have to read their posts.
The downside is sometimes, maybe once in a blue moon they may have really good information and you will not see it
Seriously, don't let people posts get to you. You should be strong enough to know your own self worth and value and not let the haters bother you.
If you don't believe in what your posting then maybe you do need to quit and go away.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:44 pm

palerider wrote:
granny's on a 'traumatize chunky' kick lately, isn't she?

first the school dissection memories, now this....
It's not working. It's only improving her appetite.
chunkyfrog wrote:that looks delicious.

mdemers800

Post by mdemers800 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:36 pm

This is an interesting non-core topic discussion, certainly more so than the Trump poll.

I have only been on the forum a few weeks, but I have found it to be very helpful. Some comments:
• Based on over a million posts, this must be serving a large constituency well.
• Since it is un-moderated, there is some self-policing that addresses incorrect posts. That is mostly helpful, but does get over zealous.
• I feel Pugsy is the role model for the most prolific responders. She is always helpful and if she has a critique, it is aimed at the information, not the person.
• That said.... PR has helped me, personally, more than anyone else so there are lots of people who help others, albeit with different styles.
• I think there is room for this to improve to a kinder, gentler place and people should think about that.

The above is opinion. This is fact: I would not have made nearly the progress I have made in the past few weeks without this people who help on this forum. I learned about the right machine to get, about mask differences, settings, sleepyhead, flashair, how to get started, etc, etc. All of that adds a lot of value. There is more to like here than not.

Back to opinion: You have to pick and choose what info to accept and which to reject. But if you want a place to go for this type of info… for my money this is the place. I think there is as much humor here as criticism, just look for the good.. and chill a bit.

lathnos46

Post by lathnos46 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:02 pm

I agree with mdemers800. There is more good on this Forum than bad. I could not have had nearly the success I've had with Apap without beginning reading this Forum before I ever got diagnosed and was issued a mask and machine. I knew which machine to ask for. I found out about different masks from this Forum which ultimately led me to the mask that works best for me, so far. There are some prickly characters on here but they remind me of an actual normal family. There are always a few prickly characters in a family too. Take what you need. Discard the rest. And yes, Pugsy is the gold standard. Without her and her measured advice and words of encouragement this would not be nearly the great place it is. Peace!

tlohse

Post by tlohse » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:54 pm

hmmm. I could say something but I better not for fear of people picking on me. Any how I have one thing positive to say and that is this Forum is very helpful and not really all that negative.
Thomas Lohse
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto Set With Heated hose and Humidifier
Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 Size M Nasal Pillow with headgear
Mask: ResMed AirFit N30i/P30i
Original Mask: ResMed Mirage FX Nasal
CPAP USER SINCE JUNE 2013