QTube In-Line Muffler Kit for CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
stephennic

QTube In-Line Muffler Kit for CPAP

Post by stephennic » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:27 am

Hi all,
Just wondering if any one tried it the Qtube In -Line muffler, does it work? I am thinking of trying it on a old Philips 50 series Fixed CPAP machine.
Cheers
Steve

Julie

Re: QTube In-Line Muffler Kit for CPAP

Post by Julie » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:37 am

What are you talking about?

You do know that spam is not allowed here?

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:22 am

How cool!

bill-e

Post by bill-e » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:09 am

I've been using the Q-Tube for over a year and it works great with my HDM Z1A which is kinda loud without it. If you have noise being generated by the hose this will help.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:40 pm

stephennic wrote: I am thinking of trying it on a old Philips 50 series Fixed CPAP machine.
stephennic wrote:See link: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/human- ... ffler.html
Cheers
Steve
Do you want to put $40 in an old machine? Or do you want to put $40 toward a new, quiet machine?

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:41 pm

Julie wrote:What are you talking about?

You do know that spam is not allowed here?
Duh.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:15 pm

I googled this device. It is not compatible with a humidification system, and it will prevent a heat hose from heating.

It could be used with an older, noisy CPAP if you're not using humidification, but insist you love that machine. It probably can also be used with a non-integrated humidifier if you put this device in the flow prior to the humidifier.

stephennic

Post by stephennic » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:33 am

bill-e wrote:I've been using the Q-Tube for over a year and it works great with my HDM Z1A which is kinda loud without it. If you have noise being generated by the hose this will help.
Thanks , have you tried it on the 60 series machine.
Cheers
Steve

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:49 am

The best way to deal with an old, noisy machine is to buy a new machine.

The second best way to deal with a noisy machine is to use a thick cloth hose cover, and place the machine below the level of the top of the mattress.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:41 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:The best way to deal with an old, noisy machine is to buy a new machine.

The second best way to deal with a noisy machine is to use a thick cloth hose cover, and place the machine below the level of the top of the mattress.
I agree except that (1) some patients insist that they love their older machine, and (2) this device is only $35, so it can be a good solution when cash is tight and insurance is inadequate or non-existent. In either case, I recommend that you try Chicago Granny's second solution first or in addition.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:03 pm

D.H. wrote:I agree except that
he so desperately wants to matter, in some small way.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

bill-e

Post by bill-e » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:00 pm

stephennic wrote:
bill-e wrote:I've been using the Q-Tube for over a year and it works great with my HDM Z1A which is kinda loud without it. If you have noise being generated by the hose this will help.
Thanks , have you tried it on the 60 series machine.
Cheers
Steve
No, because I use humidification with that machine and I find it more than quiet enough without any other aid.

CapnLoki

Post by CapnLoki » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:31 pm

stephennic wrote:Hi all,
Just wondering if any one tried it the Qtube In -Line muffler, does it work? I am thinking of trying it on a old Philips 50 series Fixed CPAP machine.
Cheers
Steve
I use a Philips 560 on my boat, and sometimes travelling, without humidity or heated hose. Although with the humidifier its "silent" I found that without the humidifier to muffle the sound, there was some annoying "hose noise." I first used a basic filter (about $6) as a muffler, but found the Qtube works better.

Additional Comments: Pressure 9-20, average ~9.5; often use battery power while off-grid
Hark, how hard he fetches breath . . .  Act II, Scene IV, King Henry IV Part I, William Shakespeare
Choosing a Battery thread: http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t1140 ... ttery.html

stephennic

Post by stephennic » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:22 pm

D.H. wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:The best way to deal with an old, noisy machine is to buy a new machine.

I agree except that (1) some patients insist that they love their older machine, and (2) this device is only $35, so it can be a good solution when cash is tight and insurance is inadequate or non-existent. In either case, I recommend that you try Chicago Granny's second solution first or in addition.
Thanks you have been of much help, I will check it out at the local CPAP shop. Its worth a try at that price.
Have a great day.
Cheers
Steve