QTube In-Line Muffler Kit for CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
stephennic

Re: QTube In-Line Muffler Kit for CPAP

Post by stephennic » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:24 pm

CapnLoki wrote:
stephennic wrote:Hi all,
Just wondering if any one tried it the Qtube In -Line muffler, does it work? I am thinking of trying it on a old Philips 50 series Fixed CPAP machine.
Cheers
Steve
I use a Philips 560 on my boat, and sometimes travelling, without humidity or heated hose. Although with the humidifier its "silent" I found that without the humidifier to muffle the sound, there was some annoying "hose noise." I first used a basic filter (about $6) as a muffler, but found the Qtube works better.
Its great that it works, I will probably buy one and see if it works.
Cheers
Steve

stephennic

Post by stephennic » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:25 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:The best way to deal with an old, noisy machine is to buy a new machine.

The second best way to deal with a noisy machine is to use a thick cloth hose cover, and place the machine below the level of the top of the mattress.
Thanks for the advice, I will try a thick hose cover - do you recommend a particular one?
Many thanks.
Cheers
Steve

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:25 pm

stephennic wrote: I will try a thick hose cover - do you recommend a particular one?
No, I can't. My modern machine is so quiet, I don't need one.

The hose covers can be easily made, or here are some at the forum host's site - https://www.cpap.com/productSearch.php#::::hose%20cover:

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:38 pm

stephennic wrote:I will try a thick hose cover - do you recommend a particular one?
For a thick well made hose cover that isn't enormously heavy I would suggest you look at the one Karen at Padacheek.com makes.
I have seen some of the others and hers is probably the best "thick" hose cover that I have ever seen. Before I got my heated hose I used hers in the winter months to prevent rain out in the hose and mask.
Plus hers have zippers which makes the putting on and taking off a whole lot faster and easier.

Not cheap but very well made. I did try a homemade fleece cover first to make sure it was something that I thought I would like to use. If a person is handy with the sewing kit...fairly easily to make your own but I am not handy in that way so I opted to let someone else do the work. Plus mine didn't have a zipper and it was held closed with tape.
http://www.padacheek.com/PAC_Hosecover.html

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.