OT: Time out and/or Duke it out thread

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepyEyes21

Re: OT: Time out and/or Duke it out thread

Post by SleepyEyes21 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:28 pm

robysue wrote:
SleepyEyes21 wrote: Do we needs to start a petition here to the Goodmans? Or just contact them? RobySue do you know?
Contact the Goodmans. You can do it through the forum via an PM.

They may or may not respond as you want them to. But if you want to let the Goodmans know what you think, then you could try PM'ing them.
Thanks for the info, RobySue.

avi123

Post by avi123 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:37 pm

Julie wrote:PEF - you don't get it... you don't have carte blanche to be as nasty as you obviously want to be and think people should just take it. I'll take valid criticism of an issue re Cpap, but not your personal shit, and if you choose to complain to someone about it, be prepared to be attacked right back (not something I enjoy doing normally).

You obviously aren't interested in agreeing to disagree like adults but would rather go on being a bully and think you're immune. You're quite wrong about that. How sad. And BTW my name's not Julie (but I have been here a lot longer than you and have survived a lot worse)!
Shmooli, I was going to free you from my Foe list, but here you go again with 4 letters, why? By the way, I have been living in the USA since 1958 and never used a 4 letter word on anyone except to myself when I curse quietly.

see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:40 pm

Grace~~~ wrote:
I should have said "our abilities are not equal".
Ohhhhh... now I understand and appreciate the clarification!

I also want to assure you that you are not the only person who uses this board as a distraction.

Sleep well, Grace. I look forward to seeing your posts!
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

SleepyEyes21

Post by SleepyEyes21 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:55 pm

edfreeman wrote:Thanks, Pugsy, for the thread. My first venture into posting in this forum (I'd read through some stuff when Google led me here searching for mask reviews and the like) was in a thread where the usuals were piling onto a guy who'd asked a "not so bright" question. I couldn't believe in a user to user help forum that the behavior was tolerated, and really still can't. That being said, though, I continued to read, and I've determined the main instigator (PR) is likely the most knowledgeable on the board (he's at least in the top 3) and is very capable of being helpful in a kinder, gentler manner. Seems it is more an impatience thing.

Then it occurred to me, the real "fix" might be to give PR the mod panel (yes, I'm serious). That way he could just delete the postings he knows to be factually incorrect or the "not so bright" questions and deal with them in the background. Only rule for him would be "you're the mod now, don't be a dick in public." The discourse on the board and, really, the helpfulness would be improved, at least IMHO. You wouldn't see bad info, and there'd be no badly misinformed postings for the railers to rail on . . .
Hi ed, welcome to posting in the forum I am glad you also are comfortable in joining us in this discussion and sharing your ideas!

The biggest issues I see with having PR as the moderator is that he never follows the rules, no matter what he promises you. He has proven it over and over again in this forum; you can go back through his thousands of posts and you'll see eventually that PR does what he wants, when he wants, in whichever way he wants, and to whomever he wants. He is not always factually correct, and when someone tries to correct him, he usually verbally attacks them. He is - BY FAR- one of the worst members to assess "not so bright questions and deal with them in the background." He is a loose cannon, and if no one is watching/ monitoring him, we'd surely lose virtually all newcomers, imo. PR is a verbally abusive individual, Ed; he's the last one that should be a Moderator in this forum. But still, your idea is a good one, so thank you

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:29 pm

SleepyEyes21 wrote:
robysue wrote:
SleepyEyes21 wrote: Do we needs to start a petition here to the Goodmans? Or just contact them? RobySue do you know?

They may or may not respond as you want them to. But if you want to let the Goodmans know what you think, then you could try PM'ing them.
Sleepyeyes21,

Please do not present yourself as representing the forum.
Many of us do not agree with you.

You say the same thing over and over again in attempt to humiliate those you want to kick off the forum.
In my opinion, you are the bully.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:21 pm

Ok Sleepy :

since you are advocating for avi ... this is an example ... how do you think it should be handled ?

viewtopic/t114209/Unit-doesnt-fully-ramp.html

talk about driving off a new OP that need help with nonsense
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

SleepyEyes21

Post by SleepyEyes21 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:25 pm

Sonnyboy wrote:
SleepyEyes21 wrote:
robysue wrote:

Sleepyeyes21,

Please do not present yourself as representing the forum.
Many of us do not agree with you.

You say the same thing over and over again in attempt to humiliate those you want to kick off the forum.
In my opinion, you are the bully.
Hi Sonny, first let me honestly commend you for bringing your disagreement/ argument to the appropriate OT: Time Out thread. This sets a good example for others as to how and where to handle differences of opinion, without bogging down help or other topic threads.

I do not believe I have stated anywhere in my posts that I am 'representing the forum.' Can you present a clear example of how I am doing this so that I might understand your point of view?

It is absolutely fine that many members do not agree with me on any given subject matter.

Yes, I probably repeat myself in the forum, as do many of us- yet I believe you've misconstrued my intentions in posting with others.

BTW- how many humiliating posts have you made to other forum members during your your days as a well-known Bully here? Shall we go back and count? The data is right there, captured in hard print, for all to see. If you feel humiliated by me, one can only assume it's from your guilt rising, not mine.

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:26 pm

And in a thread about hose hangers, avi posts a link about Israeli statehood.
But not a link to a hose hanger!

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:28 pm

BTW- how many humiliating posts have you made to other forum members during your your days as a well-known Bully here? Shall we go back and count? The data is right there, captured in hard print, for all to see. If you feel humiliated by me, one can only assume it's from your guilt rising, not mine.

Why don't you go back and check before you accuse someone of something
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:33 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:And in a thread about hose hangers, avi posts a link about Israeli statehood.
But not a link to a hose hanger!
I haven't seen that thread yet, but I'll go look. Unless he said something that was obviously wrong or misleading, why would you take it upon yourself to say that in this thread? And your point was? Plain mean spirited and unnecessary!

Edited: He wasn't even speaking to YOU! He was having a CONVERSATION with BRYAN, not you! He posted a link to a hose hanger and then started chatting with Bryan. WHY would YOU post that in this thread?
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:07 pm

Let's take some time out to review what Johnny wants:

"There will be no additional moderators on CPAPtalk. The core values of this board will continue to govern it. Love your neighbor and be a neighbor others can love."

Spam Reporting and Abuse Policy
Postby johnnygoodman on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Greetings,

Subject #1

Some CPAPtalkers have been using the spam mechanism to delete posts from others members which they disagree with. These posts often express unpopular or inflammatory views, but are not profane.

Any member of CPAPtalk may embrace or discard ideas offered on our free marketplace. Any member may offer their own ideas to counter others. This is called freedom. With freedom comes responsibility, in this case that includes being respectful of your fellow CPAPers. Don't squander freedom, practice the golden rule on CPAPtalk.

When someone decides to use a tool built to keep our community clean to "force" a certain idea or remove another, they are taking from our free marketplace and hurting the community. If your idea is so much better, state it clearly and let people pick up on it. This is the way rational, civil people interact with each other. This is how we must treat each other to help those who come here in a terrible state trying to get good sleep.

I'm not issuing warnings on this, if you have done it, you will soon not be able to report spam. If you are caught tampering with or disabling the bathroom's smoke detector, or in this case, getting cute with proxies or IP masking in order to report more "spam", you will no longer be welcome on CPAPtalk.

Subject #2

My approach to moderating cpaptalk is well known. Here's the basic rational:

Beware the person who wishes to legislate the morality and the behavior of his neighbor. Respect the person who accepts as responsibility, duty and sacred privilege the task of successfully moderating his own behavior. People who can do this are rare beacons of light. It is easy to point the finger "elsewhere" and imagine a utopia will result. It is hard to do the work and take responsibility to make your first utopia internal. Paraphrasing Ghandi - be the change you wish to see in the world.

There are no rules, no distant moderator, no respected member of the community that can legislate or moderate away our own foul dispositions. If this were not true, one of the many forms of government our forefathers have tried would have worked. For another example of the rhetoric used by people who advocate such a position, read literature from those favoring prohibition before its enactment. These people believed sincerely in their cause, they had good intentions and were good people but their actions were doomed to failure from the start.

How does all of that lofty philosophy play out in real life? In the most basic terms,
I'm trading value for value. I provide the domain, the hosting, the software and the moderation of CPAPtalk in accordance with my set of beliefs regarding human nature and business. You may use it free of charge, you may find a better board or you may start your own.

There will be no additional moderators on CPAPtalk. The core values of this board will continue to govern it. Love your neighbor and be a neighbor others can love.

Johnny

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:34 pm

Sonnyboy wrote:Let's take some time out to review what Johnny wants:

"There will be no additional moderators on CPAPtalk. The core values of this board will continue to govern it. Love your neighbor and be a neighbor others can love."

Spam Reporting and Abuse Policy
Postby johnnygoodman on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Greetings,

Subject #1

Some CPAPtalkers have been using the spam mechanism to delete posts from others members which they disagree with. These posts often express unpopular or inflammatory views, but are not profane.

Any member of CPAPtalk may embrace or discard ideas offered on our free marketplace. Any member may offer their own ideas to counter others. This is called freedom. With freedom comes responsibility, in this case that includes being respectful of your fellow CPAPers. Don't squander freedom, practice the golden rule on CPAPtalk.

When someone decides to use a tool built to keep our community clean to "force" a certain idea or remove another, they are taking from our free marketplace and hurting the community. If your idea is so much better, state it clearly and let people pick up on it. This is the way rational, civil people interact with each other. This is how we must treat each other to help those who come here in a terrible state trying to get good sleep.

I'm not issuing warnings on this, if you have done it, you will soon not be able to report spam. If you are caught tampering with or disabling the bathroom's smoke detector, or in this case, getting cute with proxies or IP masking in order to report more "spam", you will no longer be welcome on CPAPtalk.

Subject #2

My approach to moderating cpaptalk is well known. Here's the basic rational:

Beware the person who wishes to legislate the morality and the behavior of his neighbor. Respect the person who accepts as responsibility, duty and sacred privilege the task of successfully moderating his own behavior. People who can do this are rare beacons of light. It is easy to point the finger "elsewhere" and imagine a utopia will result. It is hard to do the work and take responsibility to make your first utopia internal. Paraphrasing Ghandi - be the change you wish to see in the world.

There are no rules, no distant moderator, no respected member of the community that can legislate or moderate away our own foul dispositions. If this were not true, one of the many forms of government our forefathers have tried would have worked. For another example of the rhetoric used by people who advocate such a position, read literature from those favoring prohibition before its enactment. These people believed sincerely in their cause, they had good intentions and were good people but their actions were doomed to failure from the start.

How does all of that lofty philosophy play out in real life? In the most basic terms,
I'm trading value for value. I provide the domain, the hosting, the software and the moderation of CPAPtalk in accordance with my set of beliefs regarding human nature and business. You may use it free of charge, you may find a better board or you may start your own.

There will be no additional moderators on CPAPtalk. The core values of this board will continue to govern it. Love your neighbor and be a neighbor others can love.

Johnny

W W

Is that perfection, or what?

The only thing that could be more perfect would have been for it to be written a month later.
7/7/ of 07
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:48 am

Spam removing someone's post just because you don't like what was said is a big no-no.

If any one finds that their posts are disappearing contact Carolyn via PM with a note explaining that someone is spam removing your posts and a link to the thread where it occurred.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=25316

If you don't report it then the offender gets away with it.
Carolyn will put it back and she can easily see who the guilty party is...and they will either get a warning or have their spam button privileges removed depending on how bad they have been and if they had been warned before.

Report it...each and every time it happens.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:12 am

So therefore it becomes OK for someone to be personally attacked, bullied, humiliated, etc. (vs having the 'issue' facts debated) but they must not be allowed to defend any of it - not that it is either defensible or really doable) but have post after post sit there 'in public' where they are made to look like fools or worse though they may have done nothing but correct (on a medical basis) someone else's post (without attacking the OP)? Just wanna make sure I'm reading this right...

49er

Post by 49er » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:06 am

Julie, to answer your question, the spam button is for deleting spam and nothing else. Like it or not, that is the rule of the Goodmans.

If you feel you have been bullied, you might want to bring the relevant threads to this forum and point out specifically why you feel you are being bullied and humiliated. But if you are going to do that, then in all fairness, you really have to do the same for other posters who are the subject of attacks like the one who was called stupid and a dunderhead.

49er