Who is using the oldest CPAP on this forum?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
D.H.

Who is using the oldest CPAP on this forum?

Post by D.H. » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:28 pm

Of course, I can look up the oldest one made that was for the general public. However, I would like to know what is oldest one that anybody still uses.

tlohse

Re: Who is using the oldest CPAP on this forum?

Post by tlohse » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:49 pm

hmmm Im not sure what the oldest CPAP would be but ive had mine since 2013.
Thomas Lohse
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto Set With Heated hose and Humidifier
Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 Size M Nasal Pillow with headgear
Mask: ResMed AirFit N30i/P30i
Original Mask: ResMed Mirage FX Nasal
CPAP USER SINCE JUNE 2013

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:53 pm

With or without data capability?

tlohse

Post by tlohse » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:57 pm

Whats that have to do with the oldest CPAP?
Thomas Lohse
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto Set With Heated hose and Humidifier
Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 Size M Nasal Pillow with headgear
Mask: ResMed AirFit N30i/P30i
Original Mask: ResMed Mirage FX Nasal
CPAP USER SINCE JUNE 2013

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:44 pm

Mines pretty old, it doesn't use any electric, it's got a hand crank that spins the fan. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

klv329

Post by klv329 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:03 am

I don't know about the oldest, but this $18,000 set up for sleep studies would be interesting if I could get the price to $125..

make / manufacturer: Respironics
model name / number: Alice 6 LDE
LIKE NEW - 2 Respironics Alice 6 LDE Diagnostic Sleep Systems. Complete systems to add to your existing or new Sleep Disorders Center or Lab. The systems are in MINT aesthetic and operating condition. Purchased brand new from Respironics in July, 2014.

The Alice 6 LDE system provides your busy Sleep Lab with the base set of channels needed to meet AASM standards, while allowing your patient care team to focus more on patients and less on equipment. Use the Alice 6 LDE system to provide routine PSGs efficiently. The Alice 6 enables sleep lab managers to meet today's clinical and business challenges. The systems combine flexibility with ease-of-use features, such as automatic Chin EMG referencing and integrated RIP drivers, to enhance the technician's ability to focus on the patient.

ITEM SUMMARY (RESPIRONICS Alice 6 LDE Diagnostic Sleep Systems):

2 Alice 6 Base Stations
2 Alice 6 Headboxes
2 Night vision cameras with 2 way intercom
2 Omnilab Advaanced BiPAP Titration systems
2 Speakers, USB powered
2 Microphone Kits
2 desktop computers w/24 inch widescreen monitors and 4 speakers.
All cables, electrodes, belts, flow sensors, Sp02 finger probes.
Sleepware G3 Software package and manuals are included.

FEATURES:

Integrated RIP driver reduces connections. Patient set-up is faster and easier. The integrated RIP driver, dedicated differential pressure transducer, and "keyhole" inputs reduce the number of connections during hook-up.

Simple architecture reduces cables. Only 2 LAN cables are required from the patient room to support routine PSGs. They provide data, therapy control, intercom, audio, and video.

OmniLab integration reduces clutter. No interface modules or extra cabling are needed because the system connects directly with the OmniLab Advanced therapy device, eliminating the need for interface modules and confusing cabling.

TheAlice 6 LDE system is powered by Sleepware G3 sleep diagnostic software.

Sleepware G3 has a robust platform with enhanced functionality to help busy lab managers better meet their work needs, regardless of their lab size.

Easy-to-use, intuitive head box for more comfort and less effort: The head box perfectly balances a compact form-factor with easy-to-identify and use inputs.

Patent-pending chin EMG technology for advanced monitoring that monitors all three chin EMG inputs and selects the best pair in real-time.

Recording up to 500Hz.

The head box perfectly balances a compact form-factor with easy-to-identify and easy-to-use inputs.
Control and protection against unwanted access to patient data.

Innovative composite channel type that is especially useful when evaluating the BiPAP Auto-SV mode on more complex patients.

Incorporates multiple therapy settings and patient pressures into one composite display (on a breath-by-basis or in a trend format).

Helps clinicians assess patient needs quickly and respond with the appropriate treatment settings.

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/hab/5882201701.html

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:51 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:With or without data capability?
Yes. There really were no data capabilities on the older machines.

lanco

Post by lanco » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:41 pm

I used my Solo LX by Respironics for 16 years but have not used it since June as it started sounding like a weed wacker, although it still works but is really loud. Loud enough to hear with earplugs.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:42 am

lanco wrote:I used my Solo LX by Respironics for 16 years but have not used it since June as it started sounding like a weed wacker, although it still works but is really loud. Loud enough to hear with earplugs.
Ok, so far that's the oldest. Since you used it this calendar year, it counts. You broke my record for using an 11-year old F&P HC-233 earlier this year when my 7-year old Aeio-Med Everest 3 stopped working. It is still my backup machine.

BTW, what are you using now (please update your equipment in the profile)?

georgepds

Post by georgepds » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:05 pm

I've used my Respironics resmed series M since 2008

Back when this forum sponsor used to sell used units, I picked up 4 total (after getting frustrated with DME) . Two work fine, one smells of smoke, and the other is intermitant. Of the two that work fine, one is for home, the other for travel

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:46 pm

D.H. wrote:
lanco wrote:I used my Solo LX by Respironics for 16 years but have not used it since June as it started sounding like a weed wacker, although it still works but is really loud. Loud enough to hear with earplugs.
Ok, so far that's the oldest. Since you used it this calendar year, it counts. You broke my record for using an 11-year old F&P HC-233 earlier this year when my 7-year old Aeio-Med Everest 3 stopped working. It is still my backup machine.

Since you started this whole thing...What prize are you offering?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:56 pm

LSAT wrote:
D.H. wrote:

Since you started this whole thing...What prize are you offering?
An seldom used low mileage brain, only been used to type on a computer keyboard. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:11 pm

DH, tell us about yourself.
You have so MANY questions--but you offer no explanation of WHY you are so annoyingly CURIOUS.
SPILL, already!

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Not exactly using but my sleep lab had this one on display at a senior expo. I got to hold the mask up to my face while they turned it on. Really rough and very very noisy. About 30 second after turning it on it threw the belt off the pulley and quit. The big bulb was supposed to soften the air flow but I did not think it did much good.

Image[/URL]

Jerry

Last edited by 6PtStar on Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting: "Wow what a ride!"
I still play Cowboys and Bad Guys but now I use real bullets. CAS

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:27 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:DH, tell us about yourself.
You have so MANY questions--but you offer no explanation of WHY you are so annoyingly CURIOUS.
SPILL, already!

Just in case you may not have noticed, DH has chosen to ignore all questions and comments made by you and some others.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10