Old Remstar Auto ?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Woody

Old Remstar Auto ?

Post by Woody » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:51 am

My old Remstar Auto works fine with one little exception the built in calendar is 2 days ahead
that is when I downloaded my data today 11/20/2016 it's calling it compliance data for
11/22/2016 through 11/22/2016. No big deal really but is there someway to reset this on board
calendar. I already have the provider quick setup guide that shows me how to change pressure etc.
but doesn't have anything about changing the date.

Additional Comments: SleapyHead software

Pugsy

Re: Old Remstar Auto ?

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:57 am

There's no way to set the clock or calendar in any Respironics machine. Sorry.
It would need to go to a repair shop that has a special cable and software....and neither is something that I have ever found available for us to do it.

Last edited by Pugsy on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Woody

Post by Woody » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:51 am

Thanks I was afraid of that but as I said it's no big deal

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:33 pm

Woody wrote:Thanks I was afraid of that but as I said it's no big deal
What program are you using to read your data? Jim

Also a idea about the machine you are using would help, your description covers everything they have made in over 11 years.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Woody

Post by Woody » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:51 pm

I am using Encore Basic as I believe my machine is so old Sleepy Head doesn't support it.

On the bottom of my machine about all it says is Remstarauto core package number
1014572 . The little I have found out about this is that these are usualy just refered to
as legacy machines having been discontinued about 2006 but any way it's no big deal
we can just let this question fade into the old question pile.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:27 pm

Someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but I think Encore gets it's date from your computer clock setting, most of those (Windozes) are set up to update the clock over the net, if it's not been told not to update it. Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:37 pm

Goofproof wrote:Someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but I think Encore gets it's date from your computer clock setting, most of those (Windozes) are set up to update the clock over the net, if it's not been told not to update it. Jim
Encore uses the clock/calendar from inside the CPAP machine. At best, what a person can do with a Respironics machine is set time zone and that's when using Encore Pro. Otherwise there's nothing in Encore that pulls from the computer clock/calendar at all.
I don't know of any way to adjust for a 2 day in the future date error without having the software and cables that a cpap repair shop will likely have or send it back to Respironics.
Den (Wulfman) is the only person who has the cable and the software that I know of...at least I think he has them.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:06 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Goofproof wrote:Someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but I think Encore gets it's date from your computer clock setting, most of those (Windozes) are set up to update the clock over the net, if it's not been told not to update it. Jim
Encore uses the clock/calendar from inside the CPAP machine. At best, what a person can do with a Respironics machine is set time zone and that's when using Encore Pro. Otherwise there's nothing in Encore that pulls from the computer clock/calendar at all.
I don't know of any way to adjust for a 2 day in the future date error without having the software and cables that a cpap repair shop will likely have or send it back to Respironics.
Den (Wulfman) is the only person who has the cable and the software that I know of...at least I think he has them.
Also true, but that is to power the CMOS of the XPAP, more of a timestamp of the internal clock, (which isn't meant to be used as a clock in the first place, it drifts) A two day error that occured fast, over a few days, may be a computer clock setting. Den would probably know best. The battery can be changed and the time reset on the XPAP, but even then the drift will continue, as I said it's not meant to be a Wal-Mart clock. Jim

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Goofproof wrote:Also true, but that is to power the CMOS of the XPAP, more of a timestamp of the internal clock, (which isn't meant to be used as a clock in the first place, it drifts) A two day error that occured fast, over a few days, may be a computer clock setting. Den would probably know best. The battery can be changed and the time reset on the XPAP, but even then the drift will continue, as I said it's not meant to be a Wal-Mart clock. Jim
Most computers auto adjust nowadays for clock and calendar but I suppose it wouldn't be impossible for the computer to be incorrect and 2 days in the future.
That's easy enough to check...look at the computer clock and calendar.

I can't imagine what would cause a machine to jump 2 days into the future though but I doubt very much that the problem is the computer calendar/clock. I am thinking erratic battery.

OP could call acbio.com and ask them since they are extremely familiar with Respironics machines.
http://www.acbio.com/

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:41 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Goofproof wrote:Also true, but that is to power the CMOS of the XPAP, more of a timestamp of the internal clock, (which isn't meant to be used as a clock in the first place, it drifts) A two day error that occured fast, over a few days, may be a computer clock setting. Den would probably know best. The battery can be changed and the time reset on the XPAP, but even then the drift will continue, as I said it's not meant to be a Wal-Mart clock. Jim
Most computers auto adjust nowadays for clock and calendar but I suppose it wouldn't be impossible for the computer to be incorrect and 2 days in the future.
That's easy enough to check...look at the computer clock and calendar.

I can't imagine what would cause a machine to jump 2 days into the future though but I doubt very much that the problem is the computer calendar/clock. I am thinking erratic battery.

OP could call acbio.com and ask them since they are extremely familiar with Respironics machines.
http://www.acbio.com/
They also would be the better place to get the battery replaced, although I don't think it would be cost effective on a machine with high hours or that old, my TANK is 11 years old 16,000 hours still running. I can't use Encore all my computers are now 64 bit Windozes, Boo! My main computers failed, and I don't feel like rebuilding one, just for Encore. The TANKS run fine without the card installed, just no data. Jim

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:51 pm

Goofproof wrote:I can't use Encore all my computers are now 64 bit Windozes, Boo! My main computers failed, and I don't feel like rebuilding one, just for Encore. The TANKS run fine without the card installed, just no data.
The newer versions of Encore will work quite nicely on a Windows 64 bit computer.
If you ever want to try EncoreBasic (it will work fine on Win 64 and your Legacy machine) just send me a private message.
It's a lot easier to manage than Pro and you don't need Pro anyway. Reports are identical...only difference is some minor DME type of stuff and the fact that Basic doesn't use that bitch SQL server database thing that screws up so many installs.

Woody

Post by Woody » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:57 am

As I said at the start of this thread my Auto Cpap would tell me todays date is 11/22 and then report my data
marked as 11/24 nothing important or to get worried about. Well last night it set some error code and
shut down. I simply unplugged it and the code cleared. But the funny thing is after having this incorrect
date thing for 3 or 4 months the date problem cleared up. Oh well it's about time to talk to my Dr. about
a new CPAP as my old one is almost 8 years old. It may have been an E39 error but I was rather sleepy at 3 am
and just cleared it .

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:33 pm

Woody, you'd be amazed how many electronics can be 'fixed' just by unplugging for a couple of hours and replugging it in. Yes, I agree that you should see your doctor about getting a new machine while this one is still working. After you have the new machine, get the pressure of your old machine checked (manometer) at your sleep doctor's office or the DME. If it's fine, keep the machine as your backup. My brother's DME was actually able to score the parts to replace one of his seals, so now his old machine works great. I'd rather bring the old machine to the hospital than his new one just in case it gets pulled off the side table.

Nothing wrong with basic machines, but do some research and get an Auto machine that works with Sleepyhead. You might not use the Auto, but the data is invaluable.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:21 pm

I got the card, cable and program to set the internal clock in the older Remstars. I don't think it will run on the newer machines, has to have a serial port for one thing. Don't think they put them on the newer machines. I have changed several batteries in the clock chip and reset the clock. There is no way for the clock chip to update itself and IMO the clock chip is not a very good one, loses a lot of time quickly. With that said I have never seen One gain time, it only looses time. Don't know what could make it gain time unless the clock chip has gone bad.

I still play Cowboys and Bad Guys but now I use real bullets. CAS