Has anyone hit a score of 100 in myAir?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chartle

Re: Has anyone hit a score of 100 in myAir?

Post by chartle » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:40 pm

Bwchase wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:39 pm
Seldom go below 100.
Prior to cpap, had to get up to use the bathroom 1 or 2 times a night for 50 plus years
From the first night on cpap, no longer need to get up.
Cpap is worth it just for that!!
Same for me I get 98+ almost every night and only get dinged for leakage rate. But from day 1, well really day 2 I had the peak of a nasty cold on day 1, I haven't gotten up to pee, when before it was almost always once sometimes 3 times a night and since my birthday last week much closer to 60 than 50. :wink:

cubby

Post by cubby » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

i have only been using it for about a month but i have gotten several 100's. typically my lesser scores are just due to my lack of sleeping so i dont get the time amount. i do think the 5pts for 1-2 mask off and 1 of those counting as taking it off in the morning is bull. i shut my machine off an then take the mask off. why does it count that

Amishboy51

Post by Amishboy51 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:32 pm

cubby wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm
i have only been using it for about a month but i have gotten several 100's. typically my lesser scores are just due to my lack of sleeping so i dont get the time amount. i do think the 5pts for 1-2 mask off and 1 of those counting as taking it off in the morning is bull. i shut my machine off an then take the mask off. why does it count that
Good question, especially if you've set the machine to turn on automatically when you put the mask on and turn off automatically when you take the mask off. So this means that I never actually turn the machine off, but just take the mask off in the morning. To MA, this is "mask off [during therapy]". Go figure.

SmokeChaser426

Post by SmokeChaser426 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:21 am

Yea lots of times but only if I dont use the bathroom during the night, software not written for old men that have to get up to P##. If you keep a pickle jar on the night stand it helps

PaulKTF

Post by PaulKTF » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:01 pm

This isn't grade school. I don't need a silly "score" to know that my CPAP therapy is working.

-Paul.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:30 pm

I have a number of serious issues with ResMed on how they go about many things, but their providing myAir to users and doing so with such thought and artistic grace, in a way that benefits new users and old alike, is not one of them.

I recently purchased a 10. I did not expect to be able to use myAir, since I get no consistent cell signal where I live. But the machine has managed to find a signal that my phone does not find. What I immediately appreciated most about myAir is that it stresses aspects of sleep beyond what docs/DMEs/payers look for, which is often simply someone's using PAP in any fashion for a small portion of the night. The importance of a user's getting sufficient sleep time with the mask, beyond four hours, is an aspect not often stressed by docs/DMEs and not often understood well by new users who generally are only warned of compliance-centric data. And let's face it, even long-time users may need some gentle regular reminders about getting enough sleep, not just good sleep when asleep.

Any system that can effortlessly keep track of AHI, leak, and hours of use--and that provides that information along with educational materials to explain those things for USERS--is a firm step in the right direction as far as I am concerned. The system is free, after all.

I agree that more detailed troubleshooting may be needed for someone with a complicated problem who isn't feeling full benefit from PAP. But I am pleasantly surprised by myAir and how useful it can be for the vast majority of users, especially the ones who have not stumbled onto this forum or somewhat-similar forums.

Power to the users.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:00 pm

jnk... wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:30 pm
I have a number of serious issues with ResMed on how they go about many things, but their providing myAir to users and doing so with such thought and artistic grace, in a way that benefits new users and old alike, is not one of them.

I recently purchased a 10. I did not expect to be able to use myAir, since I get no consistent cell signal where I live. But the machine has managed to find a signal that my phone does not find. What I immediately appreciated most about myAir is that it stresses aspects of sleep beyond what docs/DMEs/payers look for, which is often simply someone's using PAP in any fashion for a small portion of the night. The importance of a user's getting sufficient sleep time with the mask, beyond four hours, is an aspect not often stressed by docs/DMEs and not often understood well by new users who generally are only warned of compliance-centric data. And let's face it, even long-time users may need some gentle regular reminders about getting enough sleep, not just good sleep when asleep.

Any system that can effortlessly keep track of AHI, leak, and hours of use--and that provides that information along with educational materials to explain those things for USERS--is a firm step in the right direction as far as I am concerned. The system is free, after all.

I agree that more detailed troubleshooting may be needed for someone with a complicated problem who isn't feeling full benefit from PAP. But I am pleasantly surprised by myAir and how useful it can be for the vast majority of users, especially the ones who have not stumbled onto this forum or somewhat-similar forums.

Power to the users.
Totally agree! I recently got a 10 also. I've been using it around a month and what a great machine. As far as myAir is concerned, I think it's a very useful tool and not only for new cpap users. The last few weeks I've made a determined effort to go to sleep earlier... I love seeing my score of 100 on most nights. :wink: We all have different issues, but for plain vanilla SA (no other issues involved), I think it's a great tool and find it's all I need - especially if I'm feeling good during the day.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Becca59

Post by Becca59 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:07 pm

I get a score of 100 most nights. I am allowed 2 bathroom break sessions before I am dinged. Most nights I sleep through the night. At times I will have a mask leak which will lower the score. My F20 rarely leaks & I am a side sleeper & move around a lot.
AuntDucky

Arlene1963

Post by Arlene1963 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:51 pm

The most important benefit of myAir for me is that it made me sleep for longer than what was my previous norm, 6 to 6 1/2 hours.

I got so fed up with never getting 100 because I wasn't sleeping 7 hours per night that I would lie in bed for longer in the mornings when I woke up, with the mask on, to get my perfect score.

Then, over a few months I noticed that I was waking up later and sleeping for longer.

Now most nights I am well over the 7 hour mark, often closer to 8. All because I hated not getting 100. :lol: But I'm not complaining!

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:15 pm

FYI...If you are using the Airsense/AirCurve models, you will get the very same MyAir information on your machine's Sleep Report, but without the pat-on-the-back score. You won't have to wait for your score..it's available the minute you wake up.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:49 pm

LSAT wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:15 pm
FYI...If you are using the Airsense/AirCurve models, you will get the very same MyAir information on your machine's Sleep Report, but without the pat-on-the-back score. You won't have to wait for your score..it's available the minute you wake up.
Sure. But, some of us need/want that pat on the back score. :lol: I find I'm sleeping longer also.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Daaron60

Post by Daaron60 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:51 pm

4 of the last 5 nights have been 100. Prettt typical except when I increase drinking of water due to illness. I get up once every night.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:34 am

Got my first 100 last night--motivated, in part, by this thread. Thanks!
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:35 am

Was trying out a new mask. Adjusting it while I read. My air dinged me the full 5 points. For 7 masks on and off. 😂😂
66C5C937-6309-4B95-A6DA-904B4B07BA2C.jpeg

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:08 am

I hereby declare Cindy's 95 an official 100!

Maybe we can even get that 2.4 events down with SleepyHead.
Last edited by jnk... on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)