Ft. Lauderdale - Keep CPAP Machines with You!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ChicagoGranny

Re: Ft. Lauderdale - Keep CPAP Machines with You!!

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:57 am

BlackSpinner wrote:Some of the people had their stuff on the belts in the security area and had to leave everything. No wallets, no shoes, nothing!
I would dive through the x-ray machine to get my CPAP.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:30 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
BlackSpinner wrote:Some of the people had their stuff on the belts in the security area and had to leave everything. No wallets, no shoes, nothing!
I would dive through the x-ray machine to get my CPAP.
And there she goes ........

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:39 am

Are my bones that thin??

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:48 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:Are my bones that thin??
The condition of thin bones is called osteoporosis. You need more exercise granny!

Martial arts, the type known as the "soft" styles of the martial arts are excellent for elderly exercise routines. And it's never too late to teach old dogs new tricks.

Martial arts for the elderly: yes we cane!

and ...

Elderly Americans Learn How to Whack Attackers

and ...

Aikido workout geared to seniors
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

MrGrumpy

Post by MrGrumpy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:08 pm

You people sound like a bunch of chickenshits. Man, if I had been there I would have tackled that skinny little punk and took his gun from him and handed it over to the TSA myself. Aint no way some "shooter" is gonna pull a stunt like that with me if I am there.

This is why we need universal concealed carry, if every other person you encounter on the street is carrying legally and has received formal training in dealing with these threats and we get rid of "gun free zones," then this stupid shit would go as far as about the first "pop" sound.
Id be dead by now if I didn't use my CPAP gear every night.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:21 pm

MrGrumpy wrote:You people sound like a bunch of chickenshits. Man, if I had been there I would have tackled that skinny little punk and took his gun from him and handed it over to the TSA myself. Aint no way some "shooter" is gonna pull a stunt like that with me if I am there.

This is why we need universal concealed carry, if every other person you encounter on the street is carrying legally and has received formal training in dealing with these threats and we get rid of "gun free zones," then this stupid shit would go as far as about the first "pop" sound.
Boy...You really did pick the right user name....you bitch about everything.

49er

Post by 49er » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:12 am

MrGrumpy wrote:You people sound like a bunch of chickenshits. Man, if I had been there I would have tackled that skinny little punk and took his gun from him and handed it over to the TSA myself. Aint no way some "shooter" is gonna pull a stunt like that with me if I am there.

Easy to talk like that sitting safely in front of a computer. Would you really have tried to tackle someone shooting directly at you? I doubt it.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:31 am

49er wrote:

Easy to talk like that sitting safely in front of a computer. Would you really have tried to tackle someone shooting directly at you? I doubt it.
Actually, an unarmed person trained in the martial arts has the advantage over a gun toting shooter if the distance is less than 12 to 19 feet (depending on whether shooter has drawn pistol or not) ... based on police tactical training (according to my cousin, a 25+ year police cadet trainer).

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:04 am

DreamStalker wrote:
49er wrote:

Actually, an unarmed person trained in the martial arts has the advantage over a gun toting shooter if the distance is less than 12 to 19 feet (depending on whether shooter has drawn pistol or not) ... based on police tactical training (according to my cousin, a 25+ year police cadet trainer).
Yea.... but.... never let anyone get that close to you.

Sheriff

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:08 am

You know Grumps... people can talk, but how they respond in the heat of the battle is what counts. I've seen folks run out of their shoes when a shooter is doing his thing and bullets are flying. I have nothing against them. It is what it is....

Sheriff

Hosehead4ever

Post by Hosehead4ever » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:11 am

I totally disagree about CCW, however, you're totally welcome to shadow me anywhere and take a bullet for me while you distract the gunman as the rest of us run.

My understanding is that many people did run with their bags but the ones who exited the airport onto the tarmac were forced by (federal? airport? airline?) agents to drop everything once they got outside. This says to me to always be aware of where you are and how you will exit the airport in an emergency, preferably finding an exit that leads to public areas where you won't be separated from your stuff. I have no idea what I would have done in this situation, but I probably would not have instinctively grabbed my cpap machine if someone were randomly shooting.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Sheriff Buford wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:
49er wrote:

Yea.... but.... never let anyone get that close to you.

Sheriff
Yes. That was the point of the cadet training ... to teach them that pulling a gun on somebody in a close quarters combat situation may actually backfire on them (pun intended).

MrGrumpy

Post by MrGrumpy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:15 pm

Yeah I'd charge at them and tackle their ass. If I tackled them and got shot, I'd be famous and probably be rich afterwards from all the media fame.

Did you see that guys pic? He was some skinny looking punk with arms about as big as my wrists.

And I will say this. I'd be DAMNED if I would have just sat there like they reported as this idiot walked along and popped people methodically. If I know Im about getting ready to get popped like that, aint no way I'd just sit there like a lump on a piece of coal. Thats whats wrong with this country. Why in hell would people just sit there and LET SOMEONE pop them execution style? Unless they are SISSIES???? And are petrified with fear. Thats what a lot of people's problems is in this country, lack of balls. Fear, being scared, Patton called them yellow bellied.

Im a former ocean lifeguard and I would be damned if I'd just sit there and take orders from an idiot with a gun. I'd be looking for things to do and if I got popped in the process of "looking for things to do" then so be it. Thats better than getting popped while sitting on your ass taking orders.

49er wrote:

Id be dead by now if I didn't use my CPAP gear every night.

linuxman

Post by linuxman » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am

MrGrumpy wrote:Yeah I'd charge at them and tackle their ass. If I tackled them and got shot, I'd be famous and probably be rich afterwards from all the media fame.

Did you see that guys pic? He was some skinny looking punk with arms about as big as my wrists.

And I will say this. I'd be DAMNED if I would have just sat there like they reported as this idiot walked along and popped people methodically. If I know Im about getting ready to get popped like that, aint no way I'd just sit there like a lump on a piece of coal. Thats whats wrong with this country. Why in hell would people just sit there and LET SOMEONE pop them execution style? Unless they are SISSIES???? And are petrified with fear. Thats what a lot of people's problems is in this country, lack of balls. Fear, being scared, Patton called them yellow bellied.

Im a former ocean lifeguard and I would be damned if I'd just sit there and take orders from an idiot with a gun. I'd be looking for things to do and if I got popped in the process of "looking for things to do" then so be it. Thats better than getting popped while sitting on your ass taking orders.
I fully agree with agree with you on the right response to that piece of trash. Here's the problem - most people just can't do it. I conceal carry 100% of the time when I can do so legally (unfortunately in many airports you can carry, but since you're there for a flight you ultimately aren't going to have it with you unless you can check the weapon). I shoot constantly to keep my skills up. I'm damned good at it. Most of my carrying friends do as well. I keep constant situational awareness. I use mental and physical practice in simulated scenarios. It's just part of the drill when carrying. But that's the thing - it's rare. I imagine you've probably already read David Grosmann's article on sheep, wolves and sheepdogs. If you have, just keep it in mind. If you haven't , you should. Most people are in the sheep category. That's not meant to be derogatory - they just don't have the capacity for violence, even when faced with violence. I can't fault them for that. It's not easy to do and I think takes a certain kind of personality and outlook on life to achieve. I agree that societal conditioning plays a role as well. I think that's changing to a certain extent. The current latest recommendations by most law enforcement is to hide in place if you can do so with high security, but to fight vigorously if that safety is compromised (which would be any sort of open situation like an airport). Maybe that will eventually take hold and elicit a bit more active response. Another part of the issue is the general perception of firearms and their effects. Most folks get their entire view of firearms from watching TV and movies. This makes folks think that someone with a firearm is invincible and wielding certain death, which of course is utterly untrue. Most shots don't connect with their targets, and most shots that do are not immediately debilitating. Most are not fatal with prompt treatment. This is true even of highly trained individuals (and not so highly trained, like police ). In a close in confrontation an aggressive, properly executed physical response can shut down the shooter - especially with more than one responder. It's still not easy, and I think something most are just not going to be willing to do unless trained and conditioned to do so. Would I do so? I'm pretty sure I would. My natural inclination when I hear something go bump in the night is to grab my firearm, and quickly move toward the sound. I've done it many times. I'm still not 100% sure I'd act aggressively under direct fire. I certainly hope I do, and I try to mentally prepare myself to do so.

Additional Comments: Sleepyhead software

Susie Kay

Post by Susie Kay » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:48 am

linuxman wrote:I keep constant situational awareness.
Such a pitiful way to lead your life.