Do I need a sleep study? CMS50 F results from last night

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ejackson1200

Do I need a sleep study? CMS50 F results from last night

Post by ejackson1200 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:12 am

In last 6 months I'm having trouble sleeping, I can get to sleep just can't stay asleep, I wake up about every 60-75 minutes all night long.

Wore a cms50F last night.

Summary as follows
Event Data SPo2 PR
total events 109 101
Min in events 58.9 42.7
Avg. Dur sec 32.4 25.3
Index.hr 11.9 11.1
Artifact 0.5 0.5
Adj. Index/hr 12.0 11.1
spo2 data
Basal 92.9
min<88 6.2
events<88 12
min. SPO2 84
avg. low 90.1
avg. low<88 86
PR Data
avg PR 68.5
Low PR 50

Husband has a back up cpap, resmed S9, that I could use if needed. Is there any harm in trying it out and seeing what difference it makes?

Pugsy

Re: Do I need a sleep study? CMS50 F results from last night

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:43 am

What is your pulse ox % showing while awake? If you check it now.
It's showing 92 as the basal..which is a bit low.

You spent about 6 minutes below 88% and the lowest it went to was 84%
ejackson1200 wrote: Husband has a back up cpap, resmed S9, that I could use if needed. Is there any harm in trying it out and seeing what difference it makes?
Not really unless you have some sort of chronic lung condition that is contraindicated for cpap use. Like really bad COPD maybe.

What model S9?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ejackson1200

Post by ejackson1200 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:45 am

Checked it 20 times over the last hour. Avg is 97/98.

Symptoms- I can fall asleep any time day or night, don't do it standing up or sitting in chair, but can't stay asleep. Good sleep hygiene,cool dark bedroom, no electronics an hour before bedtime, bed about 10:30 every night after same prep routine. I wear earplugs as his mask leaking or the exhaust hitting the sheets/pillow is enough to wake me- or I wake and then hear it- I guess that's a possibility as well.

54 yrs old, no heart or lung issues, take L-thyroxine 88mg for hypothyroid for last 5 years. not diabetic but felt bad yesterday while w/my mom who is and blood sugars were 100 that was 2 hours after eating and 66 four hours after eating or 30 minutes after a diet 7-up. I don't usually drink pop at all.

His machine is a resmed, S-9 autoset thanks to the group as it was the recommended system back in late 2010 when he was diagnosed. Pressure runs 8-12. If I were to try his back up unit I'd drop that unit to 4-8 and see what happens. (I know how thanks to this group as well.)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:53 am

Try the starting point of 4 ...see if you are okay with it. You might be and you might not.
I screened my sister with my machine (like you would be doing) and I tried 4 cm and she yanked that mask off in about 30 seconds and said I was trying to kill her by suffocation. Now of course we won't suffocate at 4 cm but it can sure feel like it.
I ended up having to start that minimum pressure in auto mode at 6 cm for her to be comfortable.

I would also put the max to 10 instead of 8. You need a little bit of room for the machine to move around (assuming it wants to).
Once you see the results then you can decide if further tweaking is in order.
Main goal really at this point is to try to determine a need.
Worry about fine tuning the pressures if needed later.

I would do it if it were me and I had those pulse ox results and your symptoms. I did it on my sister and we didn't even have the pulse ox results.

88% or below for a certain amount of time (I forget how long) will usually get a person on added O2 all night.
Especially if you are running 97 or so during the day...that's a big drop what you are seeing.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.