Anyone tried the new Circadiace 3D mask?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lindalrc

Anyone tried the new Circadiace 3D mask?

Post by lindalrc » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:49 pm

I have just gotten one and have used it for 3 nights. I had excellent leak control with the Clircadiance Elan but the sizing created a small issue. Thought I would try this new one as I love the cloth mask. But I am fining that it looses positioning very easily. Also, it has a boomerang-shaped plastic stay that slides into a pocket at the nape of the neck. I am not sure what it is supposed to do. Looking for any opinions/thoughts.

bwexler

Re: Anyone tried the new Circadiace 3D mask?

Post by bwexler » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:34 pm

Are you using the featherweight tube from Sleepweaver? I find without it the Elan is pulled out of shape by the weight of my heated hose.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Mine will be coming tomorrow. I have the featherweight tubing for my other Circadiance masks, so will just use that. Looking forward to another test. The only problem I've really had with these masks is a minor leak into my eyes, but I just add an eye mask to stop that.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:08 pm

Well I got my referral for the 3D approved today. Crapria says they should be able to special order it and have it within about a month. This may turn out to be one of the easiest insurance battles yet if not the quickest.

The approval came only a couple hours after I was told it would take a year to go through the approval process. Sometimes being calm but persistent can pay off.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:46 am

Three nights now and so far, I'm liking the 3D mask. I'm still getting the hang of it but had most of it figured out last night. Don't forget to switch your unit from pillows to nasal. I have had ZERO large leaks all three nights. Those nights also coincided with a lot of neuropathy, so I didn't get a full night's sleep but still, 4-6 hours. Two issues - I seem to be using an awful lot of my humidity chamber. No way it would have gone 8 hours. Not sure why that is. 2nd issue is air blowing on eyes (very gently). Seems to be venting air ricocheting off the sheets or pillow. No problem with eyes in the morning though. My AHI, which has been creeping just over 1 due to allergies is back well below 1 again. The auto-start seems to need a little extra priming to start with this mask, but not other Circadiance nasal masks. Not sure why. Finally, yes you need that extra skinny short hose. A regular hose just pulls the mask down and it won't work, although maybe a hose buddy would help on that. I already had a couple of those short hoses for other Circadiance masks, so not an issue.

I find myself fussing with the mask until I fall asleep. Tonight, I'll put on the pad-a-cheeks and see how that goes as this mask, overall, seems to be a keeper.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)